Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Need advice: Booking group at Zilara Cancun

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

I’m wondering if anyone has experience booking a small group at a Zilara. We have six couples including my wife and me going to Cancun for some 50th birthday celebrations in February, 2019. I’m the only WOH member and a Globalist. I’ve been to the Zilara Cancun with my wife twice and they’ve always treated us very well. In a perfect world, I’d want to ask Zilara if they can upgrade my group if I book everyone together. Will they even care about getting 5 or 6 rooms reserved at one time? What should I ask for that might be realistic for them to provide? I asked my Hyatt Concierge and she was zero help (said I had to call them myself ... sigh). Many thanks!
Old May 26, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
They won’t care. I had my wedding there with 30+ rooms (albeit during high season) and I got the vibe of “we don’t care whether you book or not, we will sell the rooms regardless.” You’d be lucky to get a minor upgrade on more than two rooms or so, definitely wouldn’t count on suite upgrades for everyone. I ended up using two DSUs.
Old May 26, 2018, 1:20 pm

There really aren’t any bad rooms there... and even as a globalist you won’t get a swim up or anything other than a standard room on a higher floor... since all are classified as suites. Total waste of DSU IMO.

Have you you tried the Ziva? We prefer it. Vastly better location.... more dining choices.... and the adults only tower is worth an upgrade or modest upcharge. The only negative is the buffet is a tiny bit lower quality.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI
Cancun is under level 2 Travel Advice from the State Dept. Baja Peninsula is still deemed safe.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread.The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico as U.S. government employees are prohibited from travel to these areas.

Quintana Roo state – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Exercise increased caution due to crime.According to Government of Mexico statistics, the state experienced an increase in homicide rates compared to the same period in 2016. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted, criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Shooting incidents injuring or killing bystanders have occurred.

There are no restrictions on U.S. government employees for travel in Quintana Roo state, which includes tourist areas such as: Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and the Riviera Maya.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:52 pm

Sorry but but this is utterly rediculous... anyone who has been there will tell you the area itself is safe.. and the Hyatt’s are extremely secure. These kinds of reports are damaging to the great/hardworking people that run these resorts.

Originally Posted by Happy
FYI
Cancun is under level 2 Travel Advice from the State Dept. Baja Peninsula is still deemed safe.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread.The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico as U.S. government employees are prohibited from travel to these areas.

Quintana Roo state – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Exercise increased caution due to crime.According to Government of Mexico statistics, the state experienced an increase in homicide rates compared to the same period in 2016. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted, criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Shooting incidents injuring or killing bystanders have occurred.

There are no restrictions on U.S. government employees for travel in Quintana Roo state, which includes tourist areas such as: Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and the Riviera Maya.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.