FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1910693-hyatt-centric-liberties-dublin-review-master-thread.html)

Flythemiles21 May 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Finally a property in Ireland

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...04845?mode=amp

“US group Hyatt has agreed a deal to enter the booming Irish hotel market. It will open its first property here in the Liberties district of Dublin’s south inner city in May 2019, under its Hyatt Centric brand.

The €50 million hotel is currently under construction. It is being developed opposite St Patrick’s Cathedral by the Hodson Bay group, which operates two hotels in Athlone and and another in Galway.

The 234-bedroom, four-star hotel property will be situated at the entrance to the historic Coombe area of the Liberties, one of the oldest areas of the capital. The Coombe is beside Meath Street and Francis Street, adjacent to an up-and-coming residential area and near Dublin’s commercial heartland.

The Liberties area has become a magnet for hotel development in recent years. The Dublin-listed hotel group Dalata is developing a large Maldron across the street from the district. Others, including businessman Denis O’Brien, are building hotels deeper in the Liberties.”

PortlySpartacus May 25, 2018 5:43 am

all is right in the World of Hyatt. Athens, Madrid, and now Dublin. Rest easy WoH skeptics

antonius66 May 25, 2018 8:24 am

Calm yourself as well. It is not like they are all across Europe. They have made remarkable progress lately with some great additions, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

PortlySpartacus May 25, 2018 10:39 am

Originally Posted by antonius66 (Post 29793177)
Calm yourself as well. It is not like they are all across Europe. They have made remarkable progress lately with some great additions, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

With the Oasis acquisition and now these announcements, I'm pleased with the progression forward in Europe. Continued expansion thru new hotel locations in Europe will be coming I'm sure. I am calm and collected and confident that my choice of WoH is the right one for me. Queue up the WoH commercial you all hate so much.....

59Impala Sep 1, 2018 6:21 am

Hotel now has an own page:

https://thelibertiesdublin.centric.h...otel/home.html

no mention of opening date yet.

Stgermainparis Jan 7, 2019 11:51 am

Anyone have an update on when they'll open the site for rez here? I'd love to stay there in July 2019. And have they identified category yet?

yaromac Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Bump. Me too (above post, June 2019 stay desired)?

Anyone have any info?

creativeguess1 Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by yaromac (Post 30654027)
Anyone have any info?

BUMP, BUMP, BUMP.......ME TOO~ May 24th for three nights with an upgrade! :)

FROM FB and google search, there's nothing/ Anyone live there that's walked by recently?

creativeguess1 Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am

Couldn't find anything online, but speaking to a HYATT Globalist Rep today, she said "HYATT CENTRIC Liberties Dublin to open FEB 2020". She said it was updated yesterday. Not sure if this is FACT, but wasn't too excited if it is.

Stgermainparis Jan 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by creativeguess1 (Post 30715175)
Couldn't find anything online, but speaking to a HYATT Globalist Rep today, she said "HYATT CENTRIC Liberties Dublin to open FEB 2020". She said it was updated yesterday. Not sure if this is FACT, but wasn't too excited if it is.

Geez! Well, there goes this summer's plan. Thanks for updating.

ryandc99 Apr 10, 2019 8:13 am

Any update here?

mauld Apr 28, 2019 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99 (Post 30985231)
Any update here?

Just 'threw' some dates in for Dec 2019 and got the "Coming Soon" msg.... so could still be awhile

mnredfox Apr 29, 2019 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by mauld (Post 31046158)
Just 'threw' some dates in for Dec 2019 and got the "Coming Soon" msg.... so could still be awhile

Gah, would love to stay here in Sep!

KevGrass May 2, 2019 5:02 pm

Was just on the Hyatt website and you can book the Dublin hotel in November 2019 or later. I was able to find dates with availability for cash, but none my test dates for points worked. Maybe still figuring out how many points to charge.

Markie May 4, 2019 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by KevGrass (Post 31061474)
Was just on the Hyatt website and you can book the Dublin hotel in November 2019 or later. I was able to find dates with availability for cash, but none my test dates for points worked. Maybe still figuring out how many points to charge.

Thanks - I have updated the title.

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt