Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Athens REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Athens REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by llb09
I'm checking out today. I booked a Hyatt Privé rate on a weekend at 120 euros per night and it was overall a very decent value. I got upgraded to a Parthenon Suite, which is a Premium Suite. As others reported, the location is not ideal, but 30 minutes to the city by walk was still acceptable to me. The real issue can be the noise from the road/highway if you're a light sleeper. I found service to be excellent.

The Grand Club is still closed. My stay included a Saturday night and the hotel felt empty, I guess they're at about 10-20% of occupancy, which is nothing. You get 20 euros per person per night for F&B, however do note that room service is not included.. which doesn't make much sense as the 90 euros credit from Hyatt Privé

Also only the indoor pool was open, against a fee (I haven't seen this in any location so far). I guess it's because the spa is 3rd party operated, but it sill sounds a bit greedy.. same goes for the 3 euros coffee pods.
im not surprised they ask people to pay to enter the indoor pool. This place is a shame for Hyatt brand and is managed by amateur. Never seen a fee for the pool to be asked when the pool is managed by the hotel.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:04 pm

Indoor pool? I wonder if they are talking about a day pass to the spa as there isn't an indoor pool. Or maybe they mean the courtyard pool?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
I contacted the hotel and they told me if all goes well (govt regulations), they plan to open the club in 10 days.

Also was told we will have 1 hour access to the spa with the indoor pool. Reservation isrequired, guessing this is for capacity control.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Out of curiosity, any folks with data points on the SLH in Athens, i.e. Theoxenia Palace?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:39 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Is this confirmed or will they change it again?
Originally Posted by 168
I contacted the hotel and they told me if all goes well (govt regulations), they plan to open the club in 10 days.

Also was told we will have 1 hour access to the spa with the indoor pool. Reservation isrequired, guessing this is for capacity control.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Their official website has been updated and doesn't mention the reduced services. Looks like the Grand Club is now open.
Originally Posted by 168

Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Mixed initial thoughts pre-stay

Will be checking in here today and will post pictures/feedback after checkout.

GH concierge and email communication with this hotel has been very poor. I guess to keep my expectations low and see if it improves as the stay progresses.

lmk if anyone has questions about this property
TravisMT81 and miss_travel like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:19 pm

I tried emailing the hotel, but haven't heard back. Website makes it appear that fitness center is open 24 hours, no reservations. I've spent enough time there - months! - to know that the website (or email reply) may not be accurate. If anyone notices fitness center status. I would be very grateful for information. I'll be there in April.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:13 am
Suspended

Gym is open 24 hours, no reservations needed. Email the Concierge for the quickest reply (Violeta). They never respond to the hotels generic email.

Gym has been pretty empty. Get those gainzzzz

[email protected]

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I tried emailing the hotel, but haven't heard back. Website makes it appear that fitness center is open 24 hours, no reservations. I've spent enough time there - months! - to know that the website (or email reply) may not be accurate. If anyone notices fitness center status. I would be very grateful for information. I'll be there in April.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:22 am

Thank you twice, Gertjaars, for both information and contact.
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Will be checking in here today and will post pictures/feedback after checkout.

GH concierge and email communication with this hotel has been very poor. I guess to keep my expectations low and see if it improves as the stay progresses.

lmk if anyone has questions about this property
Does the room thermostat work? When I was there, you could not cool it down enough to be comfortable.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Yes room thermostat works perfect here. No issues. I keep the fan speed on one otherwise it is a bit noisy to sleep.

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Does the room thermostat work? When I was there, you could not cool it down enough to be comfortable.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:43 am
Suspended

The staff here are amazing and know how to accommodate requests.

P.S. grand club is open! Lots of selections.

Last edited by Gertjaars; Jun 9, 2022 at 5:02 pm
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
P.S. grand club is open! Lots of selections.
It seems the hot food were the same 4 items when we were there. Fried cheese ball, some sort of wrap with cheese, their attempt of Asian spring roll & samosa.

Uber works great if you have WiFi. Do avoid taxi waiting in line. The first one didn’t want to go to Hyatt from city center and the second guy gave us lame excuse about rush hours and it would be €17 after we pull out. Didn’t want to hassle with it and told him just drive. Same ride the next day by waving down a moving taxi was €7,12

Indoor pool, steam and sauna in Spa required reservation, but no time limit. Cold plunge pool is cold but the hot tub is barely lukewarm.

Excellent breakfast buffet and omelette is available from the kitchen.

Agreed it is out of the way, but we would stay here again.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:40 pm
Suspended

That pic looks like exactly what they offered on 2 of my 3 nights there - you probably stayed during my same dates haha.

I actually walked from the city center to the hotel one afternoon. 35 minute walk was pretty easy. I used ubers the entire time, highest cost was 40 EUR to/from ATH airport, lowest was the ride to Acropolis for only 7 Euros.

Originally Posted by 168
It seems the hot food were the same 4 items when we were there. Fried cheese ball, some sort of wrap with cheese, their attempt of Asian spring roll & samosa.

Uber works great if you have WiFi. Do avoid taxi waiting in line. The first one didn’t want to go to Hyatt from city center and the second guy gave us lame excuse about rush hours and it would be €17 after we pull out. Didn’t want to hassle with it and told him just drive. Same ride the next day by waving down a moving taxi was €7,12

Indoor pool, steam and sauna in Spa required reservation, but no time limit. Cold plunge pool is cold but the hot tub is barely lukewarm.

Excellent breakfast buffet and omelette is available from the kitchen.

Agreed it is out of the way, but we would stay here again.
TravisMT81 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.