Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Athens REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Athens REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:09 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
I believe it’s the first. There is no dedicated space for lounge as such + they were really surprised when I asked about it and I actually had to explain what the lounge is.

Though on the website it still says they have lounge with evening snacks and drinks.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:38 am

That would be pretty absurd...I mean GRAND Hyatts are pretty much based on the idea of a club lounge. Regency and Grand are supposed to have clubs. Why not just call it a centric or andaz then?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:37 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by HAT
.................. Rooftop pool is sick!
What do you exactly mean with "sick" ? sick=terrible or sick (ironically)=great?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:51 am
HAT

Originally Posted by 59Impala
What do you exactly mean with "sick" ? sick=terrible or sick (ironically)=great?
Great While it’a not busy (for now) + some great views make it a really good spot to chill. The only downside is that I find drinks at the bar a bit overpriced (8EUR for a small bottle of local beer), everything else is decent.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:53 am
HAT

Originally Posted by antonius66
That would be pretty absurd...I mean GRAND Hyatts are pretty much based on the idea of a club lounge. Regency and Grand are supposed to have clubs. Why not just call it a centric or andaz then?
Yeah, totally. Doesn’t make any sense.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:45 am
HAT

On a positive note, Suite Upgrade Voucher gets you a Grand Executive Terrace Suite with a chance to get a further upgrade to Parthenon Suite on the check in.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I have a feeling it will not be long before this hotel is marketed to tours and cruise ship nights. It's location is not ideal for the independent traveler but better for those piling onto a bus in the morning for sightseeing and transport to the port.
janehoya likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:07 pm

I just checked in and asked about the club location. Front desk told me they officially opened today. Its the bar/lounge area next to the lobby.

They had cookies, cake and fruit out until 6 then they added smoked salmon and a crustini Topped with greek yogurt. Non- alcoholic drinks, coffee, and tea are free.

Hope they have a bigger breakfast spread. I didnt see any other guests using the club area. Its really a ghost town here

Do you have any status HAT?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hope the Club improves quickly. Doesnt sound all that appealing.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:49 pm
HAT

Originally Posted by Geronimoose
I just checked in and asked about the club location. Front desk told me they officially opened today. Its the bar/lounge area next to the lobby.

They had cookies, cake and fruit out until 6 then they added smoked salmon and a crustini Topped with greek yogurt. Non- alcoholic drinks, coffee, and tea are free.

Hope they have a bigger breakfast spread. I didnt see any other guests using the club area. Its really a ghost town here

Do you have any status HAT?
They told me the same on the check out this morning. This is not something I can accept as it looks like a very quick solution to the Club Lounge issue.

The lobby area downstairs doesn’t look like a proper lounge to me, it’s also not private as anyone can get in. The offerings are not that great either. When I was booking the room over a month ago they had description of the offerings in the lounge, which says canape and drinks hour, the drinks bit has now been removed by some reason.

All in all, I was not staying here just for lounge but this is a bit disappointing on how they handled it.

P.S. I have a Globalist status

Last edited by HAT; Aug 20, 2018 at 11:58 pm
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:29 am

Does anyone know the brand of bathroom amenities offered at the Grand Hyatt Athens in the suites?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Does anyone know the brand of bathroom amenities offered at the Grand Hyatt Athens in the suites?
To answer my own question, the brand is Olive Era. It’s not bad.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:49 am

Just checked in for six-night stay. The ground floor "Club Lounge" appeara,to be a public meeting place (a la a W Hotel lobby bar.) Basement gym features a big screen television in front of every cardiovascular machine (ugh.) Technogym equipment (second "ugh") Entire hotel has strong chemical smell,
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
I fear the hotel is in trouble as from December 10-18 rooms cost 76 Euros per night, whereas at the Hilton and two hotels that were recommended upthread cost is over 200 Euros per night for the same period.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by janehoya
I fear the hotel is in trouble as from December 10-18 rooms cost 76 Euros per night, whereas at the Hilton and two hotels that were recommended upthread cost is over 200 Euros per night for the same period.
location... location. ...location

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.