Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Oasis Collections (partnership ended 10/1/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Hello
Does anyone have any experience with Oasis Collections? Do you earn qualifying nights/status nights for each night you stay?
Thanks
Old May 7, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Hello
Does anyone have any experience with Oasis Collections? Do you earn qualifying nights/status nights for each night you stay?
Thanks
Yes they do. "Earn tier-qualifying nights for qualifying Oasis nights". Also earn points on stays at same rates as Hyatt hotels.

Hyatt Newsroom - News Releases
Old May 7, 2018, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Yes they do. "Earn tier-qualifying nights for qualifying Oasis nights". Also earn points on stays at same rates as Hyatt hotels.

Hyatt Newsroom - News Releases
That's the theory at least. I haven't seen a single data point in the other thread about Oasis...

I've got one booked for the month of June though so hopefully it won't require too much chasing to get the status credit and points (and bonus points)
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
IS this program still really around? I'm asking because it seems that there is no way to check anymore? Is it worth calling Hyatt to find out? @craigthemif were you able to get your points?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by lalala
IS this program still really around? I'm asking because it seems that there is no way to check anymore? Is it worth calling Hyatt to find out? @craigthemif were you able to get your points?
https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world...att/oasis.html

still there.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lalala
Yes. Earned my points and elite nights, and the bonus points. All automatic. No chasing required.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I actually sent Hyatt two 'complaints' about their arrangement with Oasis earlier this year and curiously they responded and asked me for detailed feedback.
No, I doubt it was me that took Oasis down (lol)...
That said I did express to them that there were several problems-- a) limited cities b) limited number of locations c) extremely limited availability and d) disproportionate ancillary charges for stays (in my case it was an €85 cleaning charge for a €90 room in Milan...err...?)
Anyway it seems like Oasis appeared to be a good option that checked certain boxes at a time when Hyatt wanted to preempt its competitors... but they pulled the trigger too quickly.
That said Oasis does have value, but probably not for an entity as large as Hyatt.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
... d) disproportionate ancillary charges for stays (in my case it was an €85 cleaning charge for a €90 room in Milan...err...?)
I wonder if it is designed to encourage longer stay since the cleaning charge is the same regardless of number of nights?
Anyway, it's a shame that they cancel this partnership. I just completed a stay at an Oasis property in Paris yesterday and it was lovely (and cheaper even including the cleaning charge). On the bright side, Hyatt deposits bonus points to my account and informed me it is due to 'changes being so abrupt and your loyalty'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.