Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40% bonus Hyatt points sale

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:03 am
Original Poster

40% bonus Hyatt points sale

Points.com is having a sale on Hyatt points today- May 23, with a 40% bonus for purchases over 10k points. Seems like a good deal unless you MS w/ CCs to get points.
https://storefront.points.com/world-...US/buy?irgwc=1
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by Ryn996; Apr 25, 2018 at 10:13 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
1.7 cents per point at the 40% bonus level. That's probably only good for people who can buy them and use them quickly to save on existing bookings. I wouldn't buy and bank points at that price.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
This is second-best for those of us who don't succeed in buying a Hyatt points package from DG on May 8 at the real bargain price of 1.0--1.1 cents per point!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brendan
This is second-best for those of us who don't succeed in buying a Hyatt points package from DG on May 8 at the real bargain price of 1.0--1.1 cents per point!
Im going to try to get in on that, but I’m not getting my hopes up.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:22 pm
Suspended

What are you guys talking about?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:43 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Brendan
Pardon the stupid question, but how can we find out more info about this deal?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:22 pm

DG stands for Daily Getaways by the U.S. Travel Association.

The Hyatt deal has to be one of the hardest to get - there are a total of 229 packages available.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:18 am

Do we know for sure the DG deal will allow for the points to be used as you see fit?

From the description: Enjoy three (3) nights in a suite at any participating Category 4 Hyatt® hotel worldwide.

From the terms and conditions: Package includes 72,000 Bonus Points that may be redeemed at participating Category 4 hotels.

It seems odd (impossible?) for the points to be limited if they are indeed just deposited into your account. But the language caused me to pause.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RMZ2006
Do we know for sure the DG deal will allow for the points to be used as you see fit?

From the description: Enjoy three (3) nights in a suite at any participating Category 4 Hyatt® hotel worldwide.

From the terms and conditions: Package includes 72,000 Bonus Points that may be redeemed at participating Category 4 hotels.

It seems odd (impossible?) for the points to be limited if they are indeed just deposited into your account. But the language caused me to pause.
Yes, the headline text says "3 nights in a suite"... but the actual T&C says that you're actually buying 72,000 points.

More details here:
https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/H...dex/2018-05-08
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the replies. How do these work? It has an "alert me" sign-up, but I assume most packages are long gone by the time any emails arrive. Do they become available at a certain time each day or is it random? Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Thanks for the replies. How do these work? It has an "alert me" sign-up, but I assume most packages are long gone by the time any emails arrive. Do they become available at a certain time each day or is it random? Thanks.
they go on sale at 1pm est. it’s all in the faq on their site.
joe_miami and Brendan like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Some of the deals are decent, some are terrible, but the Hyatt points is the only really amazing deal, and they have it every year. I've never been successful in getting one, but some people on FT seem to get in. There is some bug/feature on the website where, once a customer starts buying the item, it is taken out of inventory for some number of minutes, and then if the purchase doesn't go through, it returns to inventory. I'm sure the details are somewhere on FT.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Globallist
i Think I know the answer. BUT

buying these points on hyatt credit card. 1x or 3x dollar spent?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
i Think I know the answer. BUT

buying these points on hyatt credit card. 1x or 3x dollar spent?
1x. It’s through points.com.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jameswes
Yes, the headline text says "3 nights in a suite"... but the actual T&C says that you're actually buying 72,000 points.

More details here:
https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/H...dex/2018-05-08
The redemption and T&C sections for the 72,000 points package says you're buying 72,000 points that can be redeemed for three nights in a suite at participating Category 4 hotels. I don't see how the points could be restricted if Hyatt just dumps them into one's WoH account, but the T&Cs are a little weird. If anyone has grabbed one of these in the past and can confirm that the actual usage is at the buyer's discretion, please post. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.