FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hotel wont take my TSU (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1902248-hotel-wont-take-my-tsu.html)

1fan Apr 4, 2018 8:46 am

Hotel wont take my TSU

Tried using a TSU for Park Hyatt Vienna the standard suite is available but hotel wont confirm because date is to far out mid August. I have never had this happen before is this common?

jameswes Apr 4, 2018 9:07 am

Are you talking directly to the hotel? Or Globalist support (call-in #, Twitter, etc)?

No, I've never seen or heard of this before.

Aventine Apr 4, 2018 9:10 am

Originally Posted by 1fan (Post 29601519)
Tried using a TSU for Park Hyatt Vienna the standard suite is available but hotel wont confirm because date is to far out mid August. I have never had this happen before is this common?

They've always been applicable once the TSU suite is available. I've done it farther than 4 months ahead too. Weird.

antonius66 Apr 4, 2018 9:56 am

That is absolutely wrong. Odd since I have always had great experience there as well.

MSPeconomist Apr 4, 2018 10:02 am

I've confirmed TSUs more than four months in advance at other PHs.

jameswes Apr 4, 2018 10:17 am

Originally Posted by 1fan (Post 29601519)

Let's get some details here, since they are applicable:
- Are you booked with an Eligible Rate? (C+P, Points, or a standard paid rate NOT through an OTA)
- When does your TSU expire? You didn't by any chance qualify for Globalist prior to mid-August did you?
- Does PH Vienna have the suite available for the entire stay? It appears "Park Suite" is their standard room, although it doesn't actually say so when booking through Hyatt.
- WHO won't confirm that upgrade/data? Are you talking to Hyatt Globalist reps, or talking to the hotel directly? Side note: Don't talk to the hotel directly. Applying TSUs to reservations is a Hyatt corporate function. I highly recommend sending a message on Twitter to @HyattConcierge, that's the fastest and most reliable method out there (AND as a bonus it's also written/permanent record).

1fan Apr 4, 2018 6:26 pm

It's a point and cash stay
Suite was available stay is 8-10 out 8-13.
TUS expires November 2018
Hotel told my globalist concierge to far out to confirm.

Aventine Apr 4, 2018 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by 1fan (Post 29603760)

That's strange. Ask WOH concierge on here or Hyatt Concierge on Twitter for help.

cruisingmickey Apr 4, 2018 8:35 pm

That's really odd. You should call back and speak to someone else. Speak to the GM or a supervisor. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Not to say your concierge sucks, but try going through other channels. I keep reading negative stories about the concierges so maybe your concierge doesn't know how to apply one or is lazy or something.

1fan Apr 5, 2018 5:52 am

My concier

1fan Apr 5, 2018 5:53 am

My concierge is top notch Ill ask again

CloudCoder Apr 5, 2018 6:55 am

Originally Posted by 1fan (Post 29603760)

The ask the hotel _exactly_ what date can the TSU be confirmed. After all, if they have a "rule" (hint: there is no rule), then surely the rule will say how many days are allowed.

The plain fact is that the hotel is making up rules on the fly, to suit their own whim and fancy.

Kindly suggest to the hotel that you'd like to follow ALL the real rules, and NONE of the made-up ones.

1fan Apr 5, 2018 1:50 pm

My concierge got it taken care of we’re good to go. I’ve been before it’s a fantastic hotel

cruisingmickey Apr 5, 2018 8:46 pm

How did you get it to work? Looking to visit one day!

1fan Apr 6, 2018 7:32 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey (Post 29608244)
How did you get it to work? Looking to visit one day!

I guess got the right person at the hotel.