Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best redemption for the free Chase night certificate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,

Most expensive properties category 4?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
There's a few places that have looked at this online:
https://milecards.com/1588434708/10-...t-certificate/
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-...-category-1-4/
https://awardwallet.com/blog/best-ca...-certificates/
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by honores41
Most expensive properties category 4?
Completely irrelevant. I'm sure you could figure out the most expensive Cat. 4 in the world, but if it happens to be in Hong Kong you'll spend a fortune getting there. And if you're planning on staying extra nights, you don't want those to be expensive...

Just pick a Cat 3 or 4 that receives decent reviews in a place you'd like to visit. Andaz Savannah comes to mind, or the Andaz Papagayo in Costa Rica...
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Whenever I get my free night, I incorporate them for the best value in my planned travel, and don't necessarily plan travel around them. Going out of your way to use a Cat1-4 will cost more than any extra value gain.
There are quite a few decently expensive Cat 4s, but it seems a bit too often for coincidence that when they do get expensive, the don't allow award bookings anyways in my experience.

(I give the same opinion about the travel bloggers that raved last summer about the 2-free cat1-7 as such a great deal with the cc signup, and better than the 40,000 points, because you could use them at PH Maldives -- That's great if you are already planning on forking thousands in travel costs and 1-2 days towards making your way to the other side of the globe, but for most people, the 40,000 points offerred a more realistic better redemption)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
This is a very YMMV question, but for myself, I've used the certificate for the HR Boston for the past 3 years. I've often got a ~300 value from it, but this year I booked it for late July where rooms were going for 600/night.

If I didn't use it at the HR Boston, I'd most likely use it for the new HR Amsterdam
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Completely irrelevant. I'm sure you could figure out the most expensive Cat. 4 in the world, but if it happens to be in Hong Kong you'll spend a fortune getting there. And if you're planning on staying extra nights, you don't want those to be expensive...

Just pick a Cat 3 or 4 that receives decent reviews in a place you'd like to visit. Andaz Savannah comes to mind, or the Andaz Papagayo in Costa Rica...
I was not thinking in going to Hong Kong but I have to go to China and spend 2 nights in this hotel can be a motivation for a stopover.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
This is a very YMMV question, but for myself, I've used the certificate for the HR Boston for the past 3 years. I've often got a ~300 value from it, but this year I booked it for late July where rooms were going for 600/night.

If I didn't use it at the HR Boston, I'd most likely use it for the new HR Amsterdam
I was checking that hotel and shows 500 per night, that is a very good redemption!!!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Personal experiences?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Whenever I get my free night, I incorporate them for the best value in my planned travel, and don't necessarily plan travel around them. Going out of your way to use a Cat1-4 will cost more than any extra value gain.
There are quite a few decently expensive Cat 4s, but it seems a bit too often for coincidence that when they do get expensive, the don't allow award bookings anyways in my experience.

(I give the same opinion about the travel bloggers that raved last summer about the 2-free cat1-7 as such a great deal with the cc signup, and better than the 40,000 points, because you could use them at PH Maldives -- That's great if you are already planning on forking thousands in travel costs and 1-2 days towards making your way to the other side of the globe, but for most people, the 40,000 points offerred a more realistic better redemption)
I agree with you...........you cannot compare 40K with 2 nights 1-7. I can plan a trip just to take advantage of these nights if I really like the hotel.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I’ve used them at

Park Hyatt Saigon
Andaz Papagayo
Hyatt Coconut Pointe
Hyatt Sarasota (cat 3, not as nice as the others)Grand Hyatt Incheon

Also worth considering are Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and the Hyatt Centric Fisherman’s wharf (I’ve stayed at the grand cypress a bit, great choice if you are in Orlando)Many more great options in Asia (Goa, Siem Reap)As I have two per year I do incorporate them into my vacation planning. Sometimes are used him for a one night stay by you to airport (it was great in Incheon for that purpose).

Last edited by beachfan; Apr 11, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by honores41
Thank you! Personal experiences?
I love HR Coconut Pointe. It's a great value, nice hotel, they just put in a new pool complex. Plus they have a ferry to a private-ish island. They have an above-average lounge. And, if you have TSU it's a a really nice suite (1 bedroom + 1 living room).
Late february and into Spring Break time, this is easily $400/nt.

HR Paris Etoile has completely transformed from a dump to a nice hotel. It's in a very convenient location for accessing metro (you can access without going outside). It's outside, and all downhill from Etoile to Arc de Triomphe down to the Champs-Elysees. The base rooms are small, but well designed. And also a very generous lounge.
Mid-June, these rooms are $400+/nt.

Hyatt Olive 8 (Seattle). Very nice, new-ish hotel. Great location in Seattle, walkable to everywhere. No lounge, but a FANTASTIC breakfast for Globalist.
Random day in June is $450+. And once you add in parking, easily $500+

Grand Hyatt Denver. I like the hotel. It's not amazing, but it's got a very solid lounge, and I've had very good success being upgraded. Very good location in downtown Denver.
Random day in July is $300+. It's actually only a Category 3!

Hyatt Regency Chicago. It isn't a great hotel, BUT it is a great location on the river in downtown Chicago. I love staying downtown to go to the Air & Water show (mid-August). Don't have to deal with driving/traffic, just walk to the lake front.
Typically runs $250. Plus parking (normally $70) is free.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:34 am

The New Orleans properties can be excellent values, with rates above $400/night and very high parking rates if you need to park. Hyatt Centric is in the best possible location....

The Austin H.R. is also a gorgeous hotel is a great location where rates can be quite high. If you are a Globalist or even Explorist, HR Austin offers very nice upgrades.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beachfan
I’ve used them at

Park Hyatt Saigon
Andaz Papagayo
Hyatt Coconut Pointe
Hyatt Sarasota (cat 3, not as nice as the others)Grand Hyatt Incheon

Also worth considering are Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and the Hyatt Centric Fisherman’s wharf (I’ve stayed at the grand cypress a bit, great choice if you are in Orlando)Many more great options in Asia (Goa, Siem Reap)As I have two per year I do incorporate them into my vacation planning. Sometimes are used him for a one night stay by you to airport (it was great in Incheon for that purpose).
That Orlando property is a really good deal with 400 dollars per night of average, maybe this summer for Disney with my niece, thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jameswes
I love HR Coconut Pointe. It's a great value, nice hotel, they just put in a new pool complex. Plus they have a ferry to a private-ish island. They have an above-average lounge. And, if you have TSU it's a a really nice suite (1 bedroom + 1 living room).
Late february and into Spring Break time, this is easily $400/nt.

HR Paris Etoile has completely transformed from a dump to a nice hotel. It's in a very convenient location for accessing metro (you can access without going outside). It's outside, and all downhill from Etoile to Arc de Triomphe down to the Champs-Elysees. The base rooms are small, but well designed. And also a very generous lounge.
Mid-June, these rooms are $400+/nt.

Hyatt Olive 8 (Seattle). Very nice, new-ish hotel. Great location in Seattle, walkable to everywhere. No lounge, but a FANTASTIC breakfast for Globalist.
Random day in June is $450+. And once you add in parking, easily $500+

Grand Hyatt Denver. I like the hotel. It's not amazing, but it's got a very solid lounge, and I've had very good success being upgraded. Very good location in downtown Denver.
Random day in July is $300+. It's actually only a Category 3!

Hyatt Regency Chicago. It isn't a great hotel, BUT it is a great location on the river in downtown Chicago. I love staying downtown to go to the Air & Water show (mid-August). Don't have to deal with driving/traffic, just walk to the lake front.
Typically runs $250. Plus parking (normally $70) is free.
Thank you!! Awesome selection, I will probably try the Seattle one soon.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
The New Orleans properties can be excellent values, with rates above $400/night and very high parking rates if you need to park. Hyatt Centric is in the best possible location....

The Austin H.R. is also a gorgeous hotel is a great location where rates can be quite high. If you are a Globalist or even Explorist, HR Austin offers very nice upgrades.
I tried that HR in New Orleans, very expensive hotel. I also tried Ritz and HIlton over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.