Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Any compensation for air conditioning unit being out at Andaz Maui?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any compensation for air conditioning unit being out at Andaz Maui?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I would expect the $500 credit to be applied to reduce total invoice, like cash.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:10 am

Unfortunately, I think this episode underscores the hospitality ethos of this hotel. It doesn't have to be this way. And it didn't start out this way.
Aventine likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone has a free room in hawaii at andaz level hotel without ac please let me know - i ll take it.

Comped night and 500 credit is a LOT of comp for a moderate inconvenience of having hot room for a few hours - this is hawaii not arizona in summer.. things cool down very quickly with sunset at 7 and breeze - open lanai and front door and it will be 74 within 10 min...
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by azepine00
If anyone has a free room in hawaii at andaz level hotel without ac please let me know - i ll take it.

Comped night and 500 credit is a LOT of comp for a moderate inconvenience of having hot room for a few hours - this is hawaii not arizona in summer.. things cool down very quickly with sunset at 7 and breeze - open lanai and front door and it will be 74 within 10 min...
My guess is that most people don't go to Hawaii, choose an expensive property like the Andaz, and then want to deal with this crap for several days...

Bad things happen, but it's often the "cover-up" (or recovery) that gets you in trouble.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
We are at HR Maui now and power went out one night at 3am and didnt come on until the next day, maybe midday.
We got a call from the VIP manager saying our suite was comped for the night.
Very good customer service
And that was without having to reach out and request anything.
notquiteaff and controller1 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Compensation ... or resuscitation?

Originally Posted by soliloquy
The above poster was right though, I wouldn't stay in a hotel room with no AC even for a discount.
Andaz Maui, for all its wonderfulness, remains the sole Hyatt I have frequented where they hand out late checkouts (for Diamonds/Globs ... haven't been there since I plummeted to Existentialist) as though the place were a Hilton. But on one occasion, after they insisted we get out of our suite by noon or whatever, they allowed us to stay in a subterranean normal room until 4pm. That room was not air-conditioned. It was early August. It was insufferable.

We usually rent houses on O`ahu that don't have A/C, but they are on a ridge or otherwise have windows that catch the trades. But, yeah, the Andaz Maui ... no way, even for free.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
One comped night plus $500 seems like excellent comp in this case. It's unfortunate it took some effort, but I'm guessing the OP gave the impression, perhaps unintentionally, that A/C wasn't a dealbreaker.

Originally Posted by frogss29
We are at HR Maui now and power went out one night at 3am and didnt come on until the next day, maybe midday.
We got a call from the VIP manager saying our suite was comped for the night.
Very good customer service
And that was without having to reach out and request anything.
Perhaps it was "good customer service," but it's also possible Hyatt will recoup it via an insurance claim.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:01 pm

Our first trip there in 2015 we were in an partial ocean suite on points + cash with DSU. Our AC went out the second day. After asking them to find a solution as a room with no ac was not acceptable for us and our newborn they moved us to a pool side suite and gave us 40k points.
frogss29 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.