Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ocean Resort (Hyatt Unbound) Atlantic City, NJ REVIEW -MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ocean Resort (Hyatt Unbound) Atlantic City, NJ REVIEW -MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Yeah, fun while it lasted. I'm skeptical they are anywhere near full very often. Maybe peak summer weekends, oh well.

Last edited by jtc246; Nov 28, 2019 at 3:12 pm
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I stayed there with my wife a few weeks ago and the guy at the front desk said it was likely that Ocean would cancel their contract with Hyatt primarily because they have their own loyalty program and Hyatt elites always are demanding upgrades and so on which Ocean didn’t want to give, and Hyatt elites frequently complained about it and gave the resort bad reviews, etc. It wasn’t worth the hassle. I thought it was odd that Hyatt didn’t have a more arm’s length relationship with Ocean like they do with MGM, where you don’t get resort fees waived on points bookings and so on. It sounded pretty inevitable the Hyatt relationship was not something Ocean was enjoying and it was going to come to an end.

I had to request a stay credit as well but eventually it came through. Took a couple of weeks for Hyatt to work it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.