Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Jeju REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Jeju REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 23, 21, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Other than the assumed obvious, can anyone shed any additional light on what the different "views" mean? Does Mountain View mean zero view of the ocean? Is Corner Sea View the best, I'm guessing?

City View
Mountain View
Sea View
Corner Sea View
Old Jun 23, 21, 8:22 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Braswch View Post
Other than the assumed obvious, can anyone shed any additional light on what the different "views" mean? Does Mountain View mean zero view of the ocean? Is Corner Sea View the best, I'm guessing?

City View
Mountain View
Sea View
Corner Sea View

This is the sea view. More city than sea to me.

Corner suites get both the sea view and mountain view in the living area and bedroom.

The pure City view would mean rooms facing the officetels and buildings on the back of the two buildings.
pWei likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 23, 21 at 8:29 pm
Old Jan 3, 22, 2:16 am

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Hi Everyone,

I just finished a weeklong stay at the Grand Hyatt in Jeju Island. It was a nice stay overall and the hotel is nice and clean and lives up to what one would expect from a 5 star hotel. We had an ocean view room and the view was great!

Some pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HJe4K4Y9roG9fWpr8

The good:

1) Service was good with friendly staff everywhere.
2) The grand club lounge is awesome. Breakfast is great and the snacks and drinks throughout the day were great. I would go back just to access the lounge.
3) Pools are nice...indoor is nice and the outdoor is really nice. I really enjoyed my time out there.
4) Restaurants are great. We had dinner at Yumeyama and lunch at the Grand Kitchen. Both were very good. Hung out at Lounge 38 one night and the drinks were nice and the views were awesome.
5) Robes are nice and comfy.
6) Hot tubs are nice but way too hot. Outdoor pool was way too hot. It's nice on a cold day but was still too hot...

To be honest, there was nothing that was bad. But if I really wanted to nitpick, here are a few items that were not so good (again, none of these are a big deal):

1) Lounge staff are pretty strict with what food is available and what is not. For example there are nuts and fruit laid out on the same table all next to each other but you can only take nuts before 14:30...if you try to take fruit they will reprimand you and tell you only to take fruit after 14:30. Same with snacks in the fridge. Maybe they should not take it out until 14:30 to reduce confusion because if the food is out there on the table, it seems like you can take some.
2) The pool is only available until 11am on the day you check out. Every other hotel (Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, etc.) that I have been to allows you to use the pool on the day you check out as long as you go in before checkout. Here they told us that we can go in before 11am but must leave at 11am since it was the day we were checking out.
3) Someone left an empty cup of coffee on the stand next to the elevator. The cup was not cleaned by anyone for about 36 hours.
Old Jan 3, 22, 3:45 am
Original Poster

The biggest downside is their strict 11am checkout and 3pm check-in times for everyone (including Globalists). It's barely a resort but got the designation anyway. I can't believe they wouldn't let Globalists use the pool after checkout. Other, better properties would totally allow this to happen.

Last edited by Aventine; Jan 3, 22 at 4:19 am
Old Jan 3, 22, 6:05 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
The biggest downside is their strict 11am checkout and 3pm check-in times for everyone (including Globalists). It's barely a resort but got the designation anyway. I can't believe they wouldn't let Globalists use the pool after checkout. Other, better properties would totally allow this to happen.
I think the designers of the hotel did this to themselves. For the size of the hotel, the pool is not big. Add in a pandemic and.... That might explain the draconian "No pool after 11 on checkout day."
Old Jan 3, 22, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braswch View Post
I think the designers of the hotel did this to themselves. For the size of the hotel, the pool is not big. Add in a pandemic and.... That might explain the draconian "No pool after 11 on checkout day."
You have to be vaccinated and masked to use the pools and the outdoor pools are heated. It's more like the hotel would like you partaking in their paid outlets than lounging for free at the pool or Grand Club. On the other hand, 11am is a good time for guests looking for less children and families at the pool.
Old Mar 19, 22, 1:55 am

Any reports on what upgrades were offered for globalists?
Old Mar 19, 22, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlee132132 View Post
Any reports on what upgrades were offered for globalists?
Varies from Grand suite to an Executive Corner suite. They will charge you extra for sea + mountain views.
Old Mar 19, 22, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
How is the location? Is renting a car pretty mandatory on the island? Or are there enough things to do near the hotel / can rely on Uber or public transportation?
Old Mar 19, 22, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcarberry View Post
How is the location? Is renting a car pretty mandatory on the island? Or are there enough things to do near the hotel / can rely on Uber or public transportation?
A taxi from the airport is pretty cheap. I've also used public transportation to the hotel (a city bus). You'll want a rental car to visit Seogwipo or the more popular areas like Aewol. The hotel tries to be a resort and wants the guests never to leave.
Old Mar 20, 22, 7:50 am

Can I ask where you rented your car from in jeju? I'm having a hard time finding something reasonable and booking from Korean websites is confusing. Thinking about just renting from the hotel or hiring taxi tours
thank you​​​
Old Mar 26, 22, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
A taxi from the airport is pretty cheap. I've also used public transportation to the hotel (a city bus). You'll want a rental car to visit Seogwipo or the more popular areas like Aewol. The hotel tries to be a resort and wants the guests never to leave.
How much is a taxi from the airport to Grand Hyatt Jeju?
Old Mar 27, 22, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by comeflywme View Post
How much is a taxi from the airport to Grand Hyatt Jeju?
Naver maps shows 5300 won but could be more or less depending on traffic conditions.
comeflywme likes this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlee132132 View Post
Can I ask where you rented your car from in jeju? I'm having a hard time finding something reasonable and booking from Korean websites is confusing. Thinking about just renting from the hotel or hiring taxi tours
thank you​​​
I don't really rent cars when in Jeju but would recommend Lotte Car rental. Don't use the fly by night guys.
Old Mar 27, 22, 11:10 pm

Varies from Grand suite to an Executive Corner suite. They will charge you extra for sea + mountain views.
can I ask how much extra they asked for per night for sea/ Mountain View rooms?

Im making a guest of honor reservation for my elderly family and am thinking about upgrading them to a premium suite. Thank you

Search this Thread