Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best hyatt to stay in shanghai on points w/o status

Old Mar 26, 18, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

I'm going to be visiting shanghai and have not been in three years. Looking for a place to stay for two nights on points. I only have the lowest level of status. Last time I was Shanghai I stayed at the park Hyatt. The room and views were awesome but the location was lousy for tourism and nightlife. I'm considering the andaz or hyatt on the bund but am open to suggestions. I would think the grand hyatt would also be a no go given its location?
Old Mar 26, 18, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I suspect that, without status, you wouldn't get a view room at the Bund. Therefore, you'd be a bit out of the way without gaining the main advantage of the hotel.

The Andaz is a great hotel. Happy hour for all in the lobby. Located in a foreigner-friendly part of Shanghai. One of my favourite hotels in all of WoH...

If you thought the PH was out of the way, then indeed the GH is practically next door, and you wouldn't have lounge access.
Old Mar 26, 18, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
I suspect that, without status, you wouldn't get a view room at the Bund. Therefore, you'd be a bit out of the way without gaining the main advantage of the hotel.

The Andaz is a great hotel. Happy hour for all in the lobby. Located in a foreigner-friendly part of Shanghai. One of my favourite hotels in all of WoH...

If you thought the PH was out of the way, then indeed the GH is practically next door, and you wouldn't have lounge access.
"One of my favourite hotels in all of WoH..." - wow that is high praise!
Old Mar 26, 18, 5:50 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post

I like the Andaz as well. I'd recommend there for someone without status.
Old Mar 26, 18, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I would also go with Andaz without status. Although base rooms at the PH are still very nice. But the Andaz is more ideally located the base rooms are large.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: