FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Best hyatt to stay in shanghai on points w/o status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1900706-best-hyatt-stay-shanghai-points-w-o-status.html)

Red259 Mar 26, 2018 12:58 am

Best hyatt to stay in shanghai on points w/o status

I'm going to be visiting shanghai and have not been in three years. Looking for a place to stay for two nights on points. I only have the lowest level of status. Last time I was Shanghai I stayed at the park Hyatt. The room and views were awesome but the location was lousy for tourism and nightlife. I'm considering the andaz or hyatt on the bund but am open to suggestions. I would think the grand hyatt would also be a no go given its location?

craigthemif Mar 26, 2018 1:35 am

I suspect that, without status, you wouldn't get a view room at the Bund. Therefore, you'd be a bit out of the way without gaining the main advantage of the hotel.

The Andaz is a great hotel. Happy hour for all in the lobby. Located in a foreigner-friendly part of Shanghai. One of my favourite hotels in all of WoH...

If you thought the PH was out of the way, then indeed the GH is practically next door, and you wouldn't have lounge access.

Red259 Mar 26, 2018 9:26 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 29567263)
I suspect that, without status, you wouldn't get a view room at the Bund. Therefore, you'd be a bit out of the way without gaining the main advantage of the hotel.

The Andaz is a great hotel. Happy hour for all in the lobby. Located in a foreigner-friendly part of Shanghai. One of my favourite hotels in all of WoH...

If you thought the PH was out of the way, then indeed the GH is practically next door, and you wouldn't have lounge access.

"One of my favourite hotels in all of WoH..." - wow that is high praise!

Aventine Mar 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 29567263)

I like the Andaz as well. I'd recommend there for someone without status.

krazieman Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm

I would also go with Andaz without status. Although base rooms at the PH are still very nice. But the Andaz is more ideally located the base rooms are large.