FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   New Luxury Luau Coming to the Andaz Maui (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1900265-new-luxury-luau-coming-andaz-maui.html)

soliloquy Mar 23, 18 7:04 am

New Luxury Luau Coming to the Andaz Maui

New Luxury Luau Coming to the Andaz Maui - Mommy Points

I just received an email this morning:

Aloha from Andaz Maui!

Greetings from Andaz Maui!

The sun is shining and the palm trees are swaying, the only thing missing is you! We’re excited about your upcoming visit to the resort, and we’re even more excited about a pretty neat experience that we wanted you to be aware of. The Andaz Maui is proud to feature Wailea’s only luxury luau – The Feast at Mokapu. A beautifully curated cultural and culinary experience set among our iconic grassy lawn and the sandy shore of Mokapu beach.

Allow us to take you on a historical journey of our Polynesian ancestors arriving to Maui and settling in our ahupua’a (land division) while we give insight and life to our Hawaiian values that focus on the love of, connection to, and kuleana (responsibility) to the land. While enjoying our interactive story-telling, indulge in an `ohana style meal, beautifully plated and executed by our Executive Chef, Isaac Bancaco. Handcrafted cocktails personalized to your liking will also be available to enhance this culinary family style experience.

The Feast at Mokapu is available every Sunday and Tuesday from 5:30 – 8:30pm and reservations can be made through our Concierge at (808) 243-2703 or at www.feastatmokapu.com.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

ALEX GRUBB

Concierge Manager

ANDAZ MAUI AT WAILEA RESORT

T +1 808 243 4795 // E [email protected]

andazmaui.com

soliloquy Mar 23, 18 7:05 am

Has anyone tried this Luau yet?

SacTownGuy Mar 23, 18 7:46 am

"Handcrafted cocktails personalized to your liking will also be available to enhance this culinary family style experience."

Does this mean you can drink a lot to better deal with your family!? :)

CloudCoder Mar 23, 18 9:16 am

Cocktails "will be available" leaves it unclear as to whether there's an extra charge for booze.

As someone who never drinks alcohol, I only visit events where booze is at additional cost (above the regular entry price).

And at $250 per person, it makes your head spin to think about how much the extra add-ons might cost.

No thanks, Hyatt. But if I ever become the kind of person who blows $500 on a few hours' entertainment, I'll keep you in mind.

josephstern Mar 23, 18 10:10 am

Hate to say it, but this just goes to show the big head this property is getting.

Even though they can command high prices and limited award availability, I feel like a luau is a family offering and this isn't really a family resort.

CloudCoder Mar 23, 18 11:11 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 29558501)
Hate to say it, but this just goes to show the big head this property is getting.

Even though they can command high prices and limited award availability, I feel like a luau is a family offering and this isn't really a family resort.

Anyone who brings their family to Maui with all the amazing attractions (Road to Hana, some of the world's best beaches, Lahaina, bike ride down the volcano, whales jumping just off shore, etc, etc) and then they drop $750 bucks for a few hours of entertainment at a ritzy Luau ... well, I really can't imagine anyone who would actually do that. Those who have enough money to do it, also have enough sense to NOT do it.

soliloquy Mar 23, 18 11:38 am

Wow, I hadn't even looked at the prices yet. It's 100 more per person than next door at Grand Wailea. That's outrageous!

cruisingmickey Mar 23, 18 1:03 pm

Bit off topic, but what luau's do you recommend in maui for a first timer. The Andaz one is def out of my price range.

CloudCoder Mar 23, 18 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey (Post 29559163)
Bit off topic, but what luau's do you recommend in maui for a first timer. The Andaz one is def out of my price range.

Trip Advisor's recommendations

soliloquy Mar 23, 18 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey (Post 29559163)

We were looking at these:

https://www.feastatlele.com/ (This was the most expensive one until Andaz)

https://www.oldlahainaluau.com/

The Grand Luau at Honua'ula | Maui Luau's | Wailea Luau's | Maui Evening Shows | Grand Wailea Luau

All of those had good-pretty good reviews...

mahasamatman Mar 23, 18 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder (Post 29558276)
Cocktails "will be available" leaves it unclear as to whether there's an extra charge for booze.

I'm sure that not only is there a charge, but it's going to be at least 3x the going rate.

Isn't "luau" the Hawaiian word for "milk the tourists"?

josephstern Mar 23, 18 6:32 pm

Agreed. I've been to Hawaii, and even Maui, more than 10x, and I've never done more than walk by a luau. Looked atrocious.

For a baseline, though, I'm not into things like Disney and Seaworld either.

soliloquy Mar 23, 18 7:15 pm

From Andaz when I inquired about pricing and how new their program is:

You’d be watching the first grand opening performance, however we will have had two pre performances for industry agents. I think this will be a very awesome luau based on the details we have been provided. I will be attending the luau for my first time on Sunday and I am anticipating the outcome!

Description: Our luau has the most intimate setting that begins with a lei greeting and a beautiful picturesque Maui sunset, a truly unique story line of the Wailea area integrated into a beautiful Polynesian performance while enjoying a delicious three course meal. Inclusions are Andaz’s signature cocktails, an 8x10 photo, Hawaiian cultural activities and more.

Tuesday or Sunday is our luau from 5:30pm – 8:30pm

Premium Seats: $250 per adult & $125 per child (6-12 years)

General Seats: $200 per adult & $100 per child (6-12 years)

Complimentary for children 5 years old and under

Please let me know if I can assist you with advance reservations.

Aloha,

sfozrhfco Mar 23, 18 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by soliloquy (Post 29560247)
Complimentary for children 5 years old and under
Aloha,

Guess it is good for those with young children. They can send them to the show with a smart phone and live stream it for the parents and older children. :)

Markie Mar 25, 18 2:58 am

Cross posted in thread of Andaz Maui - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...l#post29546700