Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Manager offered ... but was not honored

Manager offered ... but was not honored

Old Mar 22, 18, 10:20 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Congratulations OP.
Old Mar 22, 18, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IncyWincy View Post
Glad OP got Globalist.

He relied on what the hotel manager (who had apparent authority) said, acted to his detriment in making the booking and did his part. Enforceable legally and morally.

Or he could also, as an alternative, claimed against the hotel for misrepresentation and ought to be put in a position as if the misrepresentation had not been made.

Good for you, OP.
Weird to see comments like this on a forum where people complain non-stop about Globalist benefits being watered down if not eliminated. How many Globalists would there be if anyone who booked a wedding or meeting was gifted Globalist?
Old Mar 22, 18, 1:21 pm

Yeah - I'm surprised people aren't jumping all over the OP for getting a shortcut to Globalist. That is the general vibe of FT.
Old Mar 22, 18, 2:18 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Yeah - I'm surprised people aren't jumping all over the OP for getting a shortcut to Globalist. That is the general vibe of FT.
Okay, I recant my congrats. The employee (who goofed up and offered Globalist status to someone who booked a meeting) probably got fired. I hate this thread, and everyone in it, except, of course, meee.
Shuli likes this.
Old Mar 22, 18, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
Okay, I recant my congrats. The employee (who goofed up and offered Globalist status to someone who booked a meeting) probably got fired. I hate this thread, and everyone in it, except, of course, meee.
That's more like it!
CloudCoder likes this.
Old Mar 23, 18, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. It was a bit of work with WOH, not taking no for an answer and asking to speak to the next level person works wonders. I was always respectful to all that I spoke with, and each time reitterated that the local hotel rep was wonderful and professional throughout the entire process.

In regards to the Globalist lite, I wasn't given 60 nights in my account but was upgraded to Globalist and given 4 TSU's. The hotel gave me an additional 30,000 points (which was to cover the free night certificate that comes with the 60 nights) The 30K points is better since I don't need to be concerned with using it only at a high end hotel to get max value. I alreadty booked one of my TSU's at the Hyatt Ziva for our 10th anniversary.

Again, I'd like to thank all the helpful comments - I've found FT to be very valuable with information on how to maximize the points/travel hobby.
Old Mar 23, 18, 11:40 am
Suspended

Now I hate Hyatt (again).
Old Mar 23, 18, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Now I hate Hyatt (again).
I understand - and I agree, this shouldn't have taken so much effort on my part.
Old Mar 23, 18, 12:06 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers View Post
I understand - and I agree, this shouldn't have taken so much effort on my part.
Let's just say it's disappointing, for those who earn Globalist by following the rules, to see Hyatt give it out freely. It's as if Hyatt is raising a middle finger and saying "HEY! All of you who did it the hard way ... watch THIS!!".

To add salt to the wound: for all the cases that we know about, there are probably ten case that we DON'T know about.

Having said all that, I'm a fan of companies who keep their promises. If given the choice between a company who keeps their promise (but raises a middle finger to their top tier), or a company who bald-face lies ... I'll choose the promise-keeper. So ... congrats to the OP. I'm not 100% happy with how it ended, but I'm glad that you made Hyatt keep their promise to you.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Mar 23, 18 at 12:56 pm
Old Mar 23, 18, 12:13 pm
Suspended

No reasonable person believes a random hotel staffer has the power to change WoH’s terms.

Hyatt HQ sure as hell doesn’t jump when a property declines available upgrades.
Old Mar 23, 18, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
Having said all that, I'm a fan of companies who keep their promises. If given the choice between a company who keeps their promise (but raises a middle finger to their top tier), or a company who bald-face lies ... I'll choose the promise-keeper. So ... congrats to the OP. I'm not 100% happy with how it ended, but I'm glad that you made Hyatt keep their promise to you.
Well, I think we are in agreement on all of these things!
Old Mar 23, 18, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
No reasonable person believes a random hotel staffer has the power to change WoH’s terms.
We're still in agreement. I spoke those same words to WOH when discussing this issue. I didn't say 'random hotel staffer' because it wasn't; but otherwise - we agree!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: