Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Year 2 Globalists - TSUs at 55 or 60 nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Year 2 Globalists - TSUs at 55 or 60 nights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:15 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
The additional points/TSU will not changed. You will still get these awards at 70, 80, 90...

Rebecca S
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
OMG!! We FINALLY have a World of Hyatt Company representative on Flyertalk to answer our questions again. Things are just getting better and better. Getting lots of suite upgrades on arrival, 1,000 points per night promotion and award nights count towards status. Glad I stuck it out last year as a 10 Diamond and achieved Globalist for 2017. Now if they would only let the TSUs not expire until March 1st of the following year like they use to I would be completely happy.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by joey965
OMG!! We FINALLY have a World of Hyatt Company representative on Flyertalk to answer our questions again.
Leaving aside the snideness, "finally" and "again" being used together doesn't even make sense.

I for one appreciate the Hyatt response and look forward to more. And I appreciate the 55 threshold even though I'll blast past that this year. I won't every year.
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It was clear from the fine print of T&C's, which note how to achieve/re-achieve Globalist status and the benefits available upon achieving/re-achieving globalist status.

However the "MEMBER BENEFITS" page causes confusion:

HYATT MEMBER BENEFITS | HOW TO EARN FREE HOTEL NIGHTS | WORLD OF HYATT

It does not differentiate between 60 night and 55 night Globalists. It lists the benefits available at 60 nights but there is NO reference to benefits for 55 night re-qualification Globalists.)

Last edited by serfty; Jul 15, 2018 at 8:19 pm
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by JackE
Leaving aside the snideness, "finally" and "again" being used together doesn't even make sense.

I for one appreciate the Hyatt response and look forward to more. And I appreciate the 55 threshold even though I'll blast past that this year. I won't every year.
I don’t think Joey965 was being snide. I also think that if you used to have somebody do something and then didn’t you can say we finally have somebody to do something again.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I just finished my 55th night, so I'd be in a position to know the answer ... except ... this year I'm splitting my business among several hotel chains, rather than get caught in the "welcome to another year of Globalist, your TSUs expire in March 2019" trap again. I'll have 100 Hyatt nights by the end of 2018. So far I only have 21.
Yep.

I appreciate the answer from Hyatt Concierge, which means that I just cancelled bookings for 9 Hyatt nights, in order to stay under 55. SPG are undoubtedly happy to have me...
CloudCoder likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:28 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yep.

I appreciate the answer from Hyatt Concierge, which means that I just cancelled bookings for 9 Hyatt nights, in order to stay under 55. SPG are undoubtedly happy to have me...
I wonder if the WoH Honchos even know or care about the hundreds of nights they're losing per year? Seriously, I would have gladly stayed over 200 nights with Hyatt this year (and last year, and next year). But their twisted policy of "the sooner you qualify, the sooner your benefits expire" makes me .. .and you ... and others ... stay LESS often so that we qualify later in the year (and thus our benefits last longer in 2019). What kind of frequent guest program encourages people to stay LESS often??? I wonder how many nights Hyatt loses per year, due to their weird policy? The number has to be in the tens of thousands, probably more.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I wonder if the WoH Honchos even know or care about the hundreds of nights they're losing per year? Seriously, I would have gladly stayed over 200 nights with Hyatt this year (and last year, and next year). But their twisted policy of "the sooner you qualify, the sooner your benefits expire" makes me .. .and you ... and others ... stay LESS often so that we qualify later in the year (and thus our benefits last longer in 2019). What kind of frequent guest program encourages people to stay LESS often??? I wonder how many nights Hyatt loses per year, due to their weird policy? The number has to be in the tens of thousands, probably more.
I've seen rumours that this will be fixed. But I won't be doing 55 nights until it is! (or we've made it to autumn...) Particularly since they changed the rules on the free night certificates but didn't apply them to the ones already earned.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:35 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I've seen rumours that this will be fixed. But I won't be doing 55 nights until it is! (or we've made it to autumn...) Particularly since they changed the rules on the free night certificates but didn't apply them to the ones already earned.
I just wrote WoH yet another letter, explaining how when you qualify for Globalist, you get THREE things (Globalist status, four TSUs and a Cat 1-7) ... and those three things have three different expiration dates. This makes frequent guests choose to stay elsewhere (early in the year) so they'll qualify as LATE in the year as possible, so they'll have benefits for most of 2019.

Hopefully Hyatt will do the right thing and make all the top-tier benefits expire when status expires (Feb 2020). Of course it might backfire and they make all the statuses expire in 6 months, lol
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I dont see why people staying 100 night would hold off becoming Globalist. You get more upgrades at 70,80,90 and 100. My problem is Ill qualify for Globalist in a week on spend with no additioanal upgrades unlessI hit 70 nights.

I think people that hit 100,000 base points should get an TSU for every 10 nights after reaching 100,000 base points. Or an additional TSU for every XXX dollars in spend
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I don't quite understand this.

If you could hit 200 nights with Hyatt last year, this year, and next year, etc., let's say that you could hit 55/60 nights in April 2018, with TSUs expiring in April 2019.
Since you are doing 200 nights year over year, you could be hitting 55 nights in April again in 2019, with TSUs expiring in April 2020.
Etc., etc., etc.

Instead of your TSUs running from March to March like they did in past, which made it something of a crapshoot as to whether suites would be available for a springtime vacation, your TSUs run from April and April, with a few more if you need them from hitting 70, 80, 90, or 100 nights.

The 365-day expiration is problematic if your travel in 2018 is heavily front loaded (e.g., 55 nights by March), but then your travel in 2019 changes dramatically and you don't do any until Q3 or Q4.

For folks who have generally steady travel patterns, holding off your 55th Hyatt night until December doesn't make much sense unless you just don't want to stay at a Hyatt.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I appreciate confirmation that we will receive all Globalist benefits when we requalify at 55 nights.

I still hope they change the expiration dates of the TSU so that they're useful over the holidays for those of us who cannot reach 55 nights until later in the year. I don't remember if the new Cat 1-4 and Cat 1-7 certs at 30 and 55/60 nights will expire later, the current 120 days is just too short. This year is already wasted since GH Kauai'd standard suites are all unavailable from Christmas to New Years. I wonder if I could have gotten one if I was able to use my TSU since I knew we were going there long time ago. I may not have another vacation over the holidays for many years to come.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CIT85
I appreciate confirmation that we will receive all Globalist benefits when we requalify at 55 nights.

I still hope they change the expiration dates of the TSU so that they're useful over the holidays for those of us who cannot reach 55 nights until later in the year. I don't remember if the new Cat 1-4 and Cat 1-7 certs at 30 and 55/60 nights will expire later, the current 120 days is just too short. This year is already wasted since GH Kauai'd standard suites are all unavailable from Christmas to New Years. I wonder if I could have gotten one if I was able to use my TSU since I knew we were going there long time ago. I may not have another vacation over the holidays for many years to come.
Free nights now have 180 day expiry. But do not delude yourself that Hyatt aren't still counting on sub-optimal usage or expiry...
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Free nights now have 180 day expiry. But do not delude yourself that Hyatt aren't still counting on sub-optimal usage or expiry...
I'm well aware of that, since I used my Cat 1-7 cert for PH Washington DC, Cat 5 hotel. I would have loved to use it at PHV, or even GH Kauai.

Even 180 days is still not good since I need to plan around my wife schedule for vacations.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I don't quite understand this.

If you could hit 200 nights with Hyatt last year, this year, and next year, etc., let's say that you could hit 55/60 nights in April 2018, with TSUs expiring in April 2019.
Since you are doing 200 nights year over year, you could be hitting 55 nights in April again in 2019, with TSUs expiring in April 2020.
Etc., etc., etc.

Instead of your TSUs running from March to March like they did in past, which made it something of a crapshoot as to whether suites would be available for a springtime vacation, your TSUs run from April and April, with a few more if you need them from hitting 70, 80, 90, or 100 nights.

The 365-day expiration is problematic if your travel in 2018 is heavily front loaded (e.g., 55 nights by March), but then your travel in 2019 changes dramatically and you don't do any until Q3 or Q4.

For folks who have generally steady travel patterns, holding off your 55th Hyatt night until December doesn't make much sense unless you just don't want to stay at a Hyatt.
Clearly not true in my case. Will hit 74 nights it seems, with the 70th night coming before Thanksgiving. I want to use them on Thanksgiving. Since I stay usually in blocks of 3 nights, that means, if the policy doesn't change, I will not stay 3 nights in November that I normally would, so I will heat the 70 night in December.

Your esample works for Spring Break but not for Thanksgiving or Xmas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.