Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bellevue Hotel, Philadelphia

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

The Bellevue Hotel, Philadelphia

Has anyone here with the Hyatt credit card ever been able to use their reward night here? My free night expires in October and I will be in Philadelphia for 1 night and really wanted to use it for this hotel. I have called up maybe half a dozen times and I keep getting the "you can call up again to see if it becomes available" answer when they tell me that the award night isn't showing up for the day I needed. I've called up for this 1 night in April since January.

I used to use it at the Hyatt in Jersey City but they have since moved this property out of the 1-4 tiered categories.

I'm going to Berlin in June so my worst case scenario is just using the free night there (assuming that's even available) but it's actually a bit inconvenient for me to switch from 1 hotel to the other just to use the free night.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by JustineG
Has anyone here with the Hyatt credit card ever been able to use their reward night here? My free night expires in October and I will be in Philadelphia for 1 night and really wanted to use it for this hotel. I have called up maybe half a dozen times and I keep getting the "you can call up again to see if it becomes available" answer when they tell me that the award night isn't showing up for the day I needed. I've called up for this 1 night in April since January.

I used to use it at the Hyatt in Jersey City but they have since moved this property out of the 1-4 tiered categories.

I'm going to Berlin in June so my worst case scenario is just using the free night there (assuming that's even available) but it's actually a bit inconvenient for me to switch from 1 hotel to the other just to use the free night.
Yes, I used my free night here on election day 2016. I shall never forget.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Intercontinental Ambassador, Delta
Yes I used one here. It was one free night, one cash and points and one cash. However it took some work to get it. I kept trying in the app every few days and one day it opened up. I think they have a lot of weddings. I was upgraded to a nice junior suite for the whole stay.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:27 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I've used free nights at this hotel.

If you plan to stay multiple nights (and you want one of those nights free), sometimes it's easier to book the entire stay. Then contact Hyatt by phone and ask to use a free night for one of your booked nights.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Which night in April? I was looking and there are a number of days that only have guaranteed availability, and some days that don't even have that.
So to me it looks like a legitimate case of "they don't have a standard room available".
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Anyone having a problem booking nights with points at this property? I did random dates and even one for 2/17/2018 (Sunday) for 1 night and nothing showed.
Is it even bookable online? Or I need to call CSR to book using points?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Anyone having a problem booking nights with points at this property? I did random dates and even one for 2/17/2018 (Sunday) for 1 night and nothing showed.
Is it even bookable online? Or I need to call CSR to book using points?
It is bookable, it's just that the property has limited inventory for standard rooms. I've been staying here for the last couple of years (including 1-month stays).
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
There was an IT glitch this morning. Is bookable now.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
HUH? 2/17/2018 happened about four or five months ago and I don't think it was a Sunday. IIRC February 4th was SuperBowlk Sunday this year.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Club or Lounge for Globalist

I am thinking about staying here for a weekend. Does anyone know if the hotel has a Club/Lounge for Globalist?

Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
There’s a much more comprehensive thread here; but, no, there is not a club lounge:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...-thread-8.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.