Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Great Scotland Yard Hotel, London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:49 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Another London option coming with the Unbound Collection in Q4/2018. If I recall correctly, this building is near Big Ben, Westminster, so a great location.

The iconic building of the historic London Metropolitan police station, Great Scotland Yard Hotel is currently being developed into a luxury lifestyle hotel and will be the first hotel in the U.K. in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand. Expected to open in Q4 2018, the famed landmark is known for its rich history, providing guests the opportunity to stay in the location where police pursued some of the country’s most notorious criminals, including Jack the Ripper. The distinct historical character of the building will be preserved throughout the renovation, including maintenance of its original façade. Upon completion, this historic building will be a luxury 153-room hotel with sophisticated food and beverage offerings

Taken from this press release, announcing other (already known) European "Unbounds", like Martinez, Du Louvre, Budapest and Istanbul
Hyatt Newsroom - News Releases
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looks very promising.

Also interesting to see the Martinez become an Unbound. It never really seemed like a "Grand Hyatt".
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:38 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I did a little bit of research... seems the hotel should have become a Steigenberger Hotel. Article dates back to 2015, so probably explains why it can become a Hyatt within 9 months or so.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...0m-development
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:33 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Hotel now scheduled to open in 2019...
Hyatt to grow UK footprint as new brand is launched - ITV News

Excerpt:
Hotels group Hyatt is on track to grow its UK footprint, with plans to open a new site at Great Scotland Yard as part of major brand launch.
The US company’s UK presence is small compared with its global footprint, with just five sites in the country – four in London and one in Birmingham.
But it is expanding rapidly, having recently confirmed the opening of one of its so-called Unbound Collection sites, based in the former home of the London Metropolitan Police at Great Scotland Yard for next year.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Great news. I am personally not a fan of the Andaz or Hyatt Regency in London, so I am excited about another Hyatt London option.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...5ab6-162937289

My understanding is Mr Sholto Smith, previously of the Hyatt Regency Perth, Park Hyatt Melbourne and, I think, Park Hyatt Siem Reap will be the GM.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by danger
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...5ab6-162937289

My understanding is Mr Sholto Smith, previously of the Hyatt Regency Perth, Park Hyatt Melbourne and, I think, Park Hyatt Siem Reap will be the GM.
The tallest Hyatt GM ever and a wonderful man. Property should be in good hands!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see it on the Hyatt website.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:49 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I don't see it on the Hyatt website.

Hotel has an own page now. But still no opening date, would have hope it would open by June, but I'll guess I'll stay at the HR.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/un...and-yard/lhrub
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:53 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

I think the location is shown wrongly on the hyatt map.. hotel should be near Covent Garden. Hotel also does not seem to have a category yet. I presume a 5

Interesting hotel description, too

Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:21 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
Originally Posted by Aventine
The tallest Hyatt GM ever and a wonderful man. Property should be in good hands!
Sholto is superb in every way! I had stayed at PH Melbourne regularly for almost 2 years under his management and witnessed his expertise throughout. He also did a fantastic job at PH Siem Reap. I am sure that he will do it again in London!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The map on the web site is hopelessly out for the address. The location is just off Whitehall, around the corner from McDonalds and behind the Nigerian Embassy
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:51 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
This is now available for booking starting Tuesday, October 15th. Rates look to start at $450 based on a few spot checks. It’s category 6, so 25k points per night.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
And Great Scotland Yard is now bookable through Privé.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:12 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

rates serm on the higher side... higher than The Churchill.

i booked a 2 night stay in October with P+C and will monitor the rate development...

Last edited by 59Impala; Jul 30, 2019 at 8:47 am Reason: resized Pic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.