Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How are you celebrating your last day as Globalist?

Old Mar 2, 18, 2:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
After complaining about new rule. I ended 2017 with exact 60 night.

This year I am already on my way to 55.

I still Love hyatt
I see 55 as a smoke screen. Given the carrots dangling at 60, it makes no sense to stop at 55.
Old Mar 2, 18, 6:26 am

My last day was spent in a Sheraton ( suite upgrade without asking, delicious breakfast, great lounge happy hours). For significantly less $$$ than for the GH or PH ( in fact about 50% less).
Old Mar 2, 18, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
After complaining about new rule. I ended 2017 with exact 60 night.

This year I am already on my way to 55.

I still Love hyatt
Are you living in hotels?
Old Mar 2, 18, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Platinum, Delta Platinum, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
Are you living in hotels?
55 nights wouldn't be living in a hotel. that's 4-5 nights a month.
Old Mar 2, 18, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by shakim View Post
55 nights wouldn't be living in a hotel. that's 4-5 nights a month.
OK. I read it as already nearly spent 55 nights in a hotel.
Old Mar 2, 18, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
It's almost meaningless to begin with. One night would also count as being on the way.
Old Mar 2, 18, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
I will be staying at Starwood. Used up all my points and TSUs so waving goodbye to Hyatt.
For me at a Hilton.
Old Mar 2, 18, 11:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
A bit off the specific topic, but here is how we spent our last 12 months as Globalist:

One-week (including the Cat 7 free night for WoH launch) vacation in April using a TSU for a suite at PH Tokyo.
Another one-week using a TSU for a suite at PH Tokyo in September.
12-night vacation over New Year's (loved the fireworks!) using 2 TSUs for a suite at GH Taipei.
13-night vacation over CNY (more fireworks!) at Andaz Singapore in a Large Suite at the standard room rate due to a rate error.

And that was the total of all our hotel stays. With that I felt we made the most of my final year as DiaGlob and I'm resigned to returning to being a nobody.

It was thanks to FT and all the posters here that I took up a Diamond challenge back in 2012. It was a great 6 years, combining vacations using DSUs in London (x2), Paris (x2), Mainz, Tokyo (x4), Taipei (x2), Hong Kong, and Saigon with a lot of Saturday nights mostly at HR Kyoto and sometimes HR Osaka to hit 25 stays/40-45 nights a year. The change to Woh actually has come at a appropriate time for us, since it had become a bit tiring. Now it will just be the vacations. Likely to hit 30 nights this year, but not too worried about it.
Old Mar 3, 18, 2:20 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
Currently here in KS for two weeks. Already had 4 nights at the W where I was upgraded to a oceanside villa as a Starriott Gold.

The Conrad is treating me exceptionally well. It is a fantastic deal here for 10 nights, only 760k points.
Didn't notice your post title at first... I was trying to figure out which Starwood in Kansas had a ocean view.
Old Mar 3, 18, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
Didn't notice your post title at first... I was trying to figure out which Starwood in Kansas had a ocean view.

I laughed out loud when I read your post.
Old Mar 4, 18, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Spent my last day making future guest of honor bookings for my wife - we'll see how that goes
Old Mar 7, 18, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Yeah. Should be more clear. But I just passed 27 over the weekend.
Old Mar 7, 18, 7:37 am

Programs: UA:1K & MM
Originally Posted by britishcanuck View Post
We enjoyed celebrating my wife's birthday with 4 nights in a suite at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. 3 nights on points, one night with a free night cert. No resort fee, no parking and excellent free breakfast! Hope to get it back again one day.
Did you happen to notice if they were still putting out the evening snacks? Totally unadvertised but over the President's Day holiday, they put out chicken tenders, fries, pizza and other goodies over in the pool room. Never said a word to anyone as far as I could tell. I was a feast for those who stumbled on it.

FWIW
DLM
Old Mar 7, 18, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spgplat21 View Post
I used a suite upgrade because it was expiring and then used points to get over the hump for the two days after that I was staying.

Evidently, I'm one of the few people dumb enough to carry both the Hyatt Card and the Sapphire Card, but I happened to book enough nights from September on to re-qualify as a "ghetto diamond", so, well, there's that.

O/H

Search this Thread
Search Engine: