Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Prive RE-launch - All Prive POSTS HERE PLEASE

Hyatt Prive RE-launch - All Prive POSTS HERE PLEASE

Old May 10, 19, 12:05 pm

Programs: IC RA / Marriott PP+Amb / WOH Explorist / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by soliloquy View Post
If the Hyatt Prive program doesn't actually respond to an upgrade request within 24 hours (through the TA, of course), what is a reasonable time to wait for a response before canceling and booking elsewhere? I would like to stay at a particular property, but if I can't get the upgrade, I'd rather move on to another property and I don't want to wait so long that the room category we want at the other property disappears.
TA should email the hotel, then the hotel reply back to TA. It seems how it goes. My TA always let me know regarding upgrade within 2 days, mostly.
Old May 10, 19, 4:16 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scienm View Post
TA should email the hotel, then the hotel reply back to TA. It seems how it goes. My TA always let me know regarding upgrade within 2 days, mostly.
That's how the program is designed. Upgrades confirmed within 48 hours. That's why it's better than Virtuoso.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old May 10, 19, 11:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA ExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Starriott Gold, GE
Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
That's how the program is designed. Upgrades confirmed within 48 hours. That's why it's better than Virtuoso.
If only Prive rates were combinable with WOH point upgrades to suites (honestly they should be as they're 'eligible rates', but Hyatt just makes life tough for us)
Old May 11, 19, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC View Post
If only Prive rates were combinable with WOH point upgrades to suites (honestly they should be as they're 'eligible rates', but Hyatt just makes life tough for us)
Aren't they?

They are combinable with TSUs (I've done it twice) and the WoH ToS only refer to "suite upgrade awards", which seem to include both upgrade certs and pt upgrades.
Old May 11, 19, 1:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Aren't they?

They are combinable with TSUs (I've done it twice) and the WoH ToS only refer to "suite upgrade awards", which seem to include both upgrade certs and pt upgrades.
They're only combinable with globalist suite upgrades, not with normal points suite upgrades
Old May 11, 19, 1:54 am

The upgrade is also definitely not guaranteed. While it seems most hotels adhere to this policy, a hotel recently refused point blank to confirm an upgrade for me on a Prive booking despite wide open availability in all room categories.
Old May 11, 19, 5:01 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12 View Post
The upgrade is also definitely not guaranteed. While it seems most hotels adhere to this policy, a hotel recently refused point blank to confirm an upgrade for me on a Prive booking despite wide open availability in all room categories.
The program excludes room to suites, and probably from a high suite to specialty suite, but I wouldn’t think a property could flat out refuse.

Did you or your TA escalate to Hyatt Corporate Affairs?
Old May 11, 19, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post

The program excludes room to suites, and probably from a high suite to specialty suite, but I wouldn’t think a property could flat out refuse. The reasoning the hotel gave was that they "projected" that the upgraded room would be booked out (basically, they forecasted that they could sell it and didn't want to give it away as an upgrade). This seems to completely invalidate any advantage Prive has over Virtuoso/FHR but what do I know?

Did you or your TA escalate to Hyatt Corporate Affairs?
Yes, I was looking for a one category room to room (not room to suite) upgrade. My TA escalated to Hyatt Corporate and was effectively told that they didn't care to enforce the policy.

Edit: Note, they also refused early check in.
Old May 11, 19, 6:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Do you mean they refused to confirm an upgrade within 24 hr of booking? If so, that is the hotel's prerogative.

Or do you mean they refused to honor at checkin an upgrade that they had previously confirmed? If that is the case, I would have refused to pay the total amount billed and demanded that they discount by the difference between the room promised and the room received. That would be the minimum expected.
Old May 11, 19, 9:25 am

Yes, I was looking for a one category room to room (not room to suite) upgrade. My TA escalated to Hyatt Corporate and was effectively told that they didn't care to enforce the policy.

name the property
Old May 11, 19, 11:54 am

Are you willing to tell us which property? It's very useful information to share so people can make informed decisions about where to stay.

Personally, I would have cancelled as soon as they refused the upgrade. You know you are going to have problems with them at that point -- why give them your business? I find that it's best to simply not do business with dishonest places -- it saves a lot of hassle.
Old May 11, 19, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Are you willing to tell us which property? It's very useful information to share so people can make informed decisions about where to stay.

Personally, I would have cancelled as soon as they refused the upgrade. You know you are going to have problems with them at that point -- why give them your business? I find that it's best to simply not do business with dishonest places -- it saves a lot of hassle.
It's the Andaz Singapore. Just to be clear, this is a future stay that hasn't yet occurred. They refused to confirm an upgrade at time of booking because "the period you are traveling is very busy and the hotel expects over 90% occupancy during this time, and therefore commercially cannot offer free upgrades. Hotel rooms are traditionally booked closer to check-in, hence they would show available now." Basically, even though there was wide open availability at time of booking, they think they can sell the room so they'd rather ignore the program and sell the room later. To me, this invalidates the entire value proposition of the Prive program, and if anything makes me want to go through a different booking channel because Hyatt doesn't deserve to have customers choose their program if they won't honor the advertised perks.

I've been tempted to cancel the reservation and choose another hotel but Singapore is a rather lackluster hotel market and the Andaz seems to have a good combination of price+location+hard product and I won't be spending much time at the hotel so the service isn't as important to me.
Old May 11, 19, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
Do you mean they refused to confirm an upgrade within 24 hr of booking? If so, that is the hotel's prerogative.

Or do you mean they refused to honor at checkin an upgrade that they had previously confirmed? If that is the case, I would have refused to pay the total amount billed and demanded that they discount by the difference between the room promised and the room received. That would be the minimum expected.
They refused an upgrade at time of booking. While it seems to effectively be the hotel's prerogative to do so, it is certainly not advertised as such.

To me, this invalidates the entire value proposition of the program.
Markie likes this.
Old May 11, 19, 6:35 pm

you should look up the definition of entire
Old May 11, 19, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Colin View Post
you should look up the definition of entire
You should look up the definition of "to me." If the upgrade at booking based on availability is not guaranteed (as is advertised) I would rather book with Virtuoso/FHR than do Hyatt the favor of booking through their program, considering all of the other benefits are the same.

Search this Thread