Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Prive RE-launch - All Prive POSTS HERE PLEASE

Hyatt Prive RE-launch - All Prive POSTS HERE PLEASE

Old Jan 19, 19, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by ABG View Post

You left our the 2nd part of my statement in your quote / reply
and then complaining that people aren't replying to your posts

After re-reading this thread and your posts #124 and #150 I'm not really surprised people have stopped replying to you.
If you don't want to use the program, then don't.
While I've certainly on occasion posted things that I would later wish I hadn't, I have no qualms whatsoever in standing by the posts 124 and 150 above.

If TAs only purpose is to solicit business rather than share information, maybe they should not be posting on FT.

I have no complaints at all with the program.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Jan 20, 19 at 2:38 am
Old Jan 20, 19, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
If TAs only purpose is to solicit business rather than share information, maybe they should not be posting on FT.

I have no complaints at all with the program.
I share your concern about this thread being used for marketing rather than information sharing. That's not what FT is supposed to be about.

I can also say that if I decide to book a Prive rate, it's not going to be through an agent who goes around insulting the members here. That seems rather an unsound marketing strategy.
Old Jan 20, 19, 5:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I share your concern about this thread being used for marketing rather than information sharing. That's not what FT is supposed to be about.

I can also say that if I decide to book a Prive rate, it's not going to be through an agent who goes around insulting the members here. That seems rather an unsound marketing strategy.
I find the marketing offers to be useful information like the Andaz ones last year. My agent is discreet and gets the job done with Prive.
ginmqi and danbnash like this.
Old Jan 20, 19, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I find the marketing offers to be useful information like the Andaz ones last year. My agent is discreet and gets the job done with Prive.
I think what OsakaWino is referring to is the posts where there are insinuations that x agent has great relationships with every property you're interested in, and always gets his customers spectacular upgrades, beyond what the rules provide or allow. IMO, one should exercise a healthy degree of caveat emptor around here.
Visconti likes this.
Old Jan 20, 19, 3:02 pm

I have used a Prive agent who is on this board and I couldn't be happier with the result. I am receiving the credit, the breakfast and received the upgrade to a suite. I am also now on that agent's email list and receive updates on other great deals.
Old Jan 21, 19, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by danbnash View Post
I have used a Prive agent who is on this board and I couldn't be happier with the result. I am receiving the credit, the breakfast and received the upgrade to a suite. I am also now on that agent's email list and receive updates on other great deals.
Suite at check-in or confirmed at booking? If at booking, which property?

I find the confirmed-at-booking room-to-room upgrades to be useless. They are generally just the same room on a slightly higher floor. (I have never cared about view or which floor I'm on at any hotel) A "free" (not using TSU) confirmed suite upgrade at booking time would be great though.

I like Prive for short stays -- often the credit is worth more than the upcharge for booking the standard rate instead of the member rate.
Old Jan 21, 19, 7:10 am

Suite was confirmed within 24 hours of booking. I just rechecked my reservation and I did originally book a suite and was upgraded to a better suite. The property is The Eliza Jane in New Orleans, part of the Hyatt Unbound collection.
MSPeconomist and ginmqi like this.
Old Jan 21, 19, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by DavidO View Post
A hotel can always do what it wants to do. However, the entire idea of the Hyatt Privé amenity and recognition program is based on the idea of building relationships with TA's and generating good feelings about their booking a certain property. TA's have the potential of moving business to a given hotel, and (speaking personally) I always like to recommend hotels when they treat me well; that's human nature. Moreover, I never try to sell hotels that are difficult to work with.

The point is, a sales manager will want to grant the upgrade if she possibly can. There are times when it's not possible — Festive Season, UN General Assembly in NYC, Fashion Week in Paris, etc. If you're looking for an upgrade during a period with nearly full occupancy, an upgrade is not likely.
Made a booking at the Andaz SG in December (busy but hardly Fashion Week in Paris) and the hotel claims it can't confirm an upgrade due to "anticipated occupancy" despite the upgrade category having wide open availability right now. If a hotel can refuse to confirm an upgrade because they suspect that it won't be available when you check in, what differentiates Prive's upgrade policies from Virtuoso/FHR's upgrade policies?
Old Jan 21, 19, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1. With Prive, you know in advance what the upgrade (at least) will be, although you might get something even better at check in.

2. You have a written confirmation showing the upgrade, so a well managed hotel of course will honor the promise of an upgrade even if the hotel later finds that it can sell the upgraded room.

3. In the rare event that a hotel would renege on the Prive confirmed upgrade, I would expect a generous customer service gesture to be offered (unless the property is really badly managed for a luxury hotel, although I realize that all Prive properties aren't strictly luxury and some really aren't even close).

4. I would also expect help/intervention from the Prive agent if the hotel were to try to renege on a confirmed upgrade.

5. If the hotel won't confirm the upgrade you want within 24 hours, you have the option of cancelling the reservation and booking elsewhere, reserving (at Prive or other rates) the room category you want, or adjusting your dates. You obviously can't do this for upgrades based on availability at check in.
Old Jan 21, 19, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
1. With Prive, you know in advance what the upgrade (at least) will be, although you might get something even better at check in.

2. You have a written confirmation showing the upgrade, so a well managed hotel of course will honor the promise of an upgrade even if the hotel later finds that it can sell the upgraded room.

3. In the rare event that a hotel would renege on the Prive confirmed upgrade, I would expect a generous customer service gesture to be offered (unless the property is really badly managed for a luxury hotel, although I realize that all Prive properties aren't strictly luxury).
1. This certainly doesn't seem to be true in the case I just mentioned. The hotel is specifically refusing to confirm an upgrade despite tons of availability because they project that they will be able to sell out the room type that I would be upgraded into.

2. Nope, no upgrade.

3. No upgrade to start with and based on my interactions with the hotel I HIGHLY doubt they would even lift a finger.
Old Jan 21, 19, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12 View Post
1. This certainly doesn't seem to be true in the case I just mentioned. The hotel is specifically refusing to confirm an upgrade despite tons of availability because they project that they will be able to sell out the room type that I would be upgraded into.

2. Nope, no upgrade.

3. No upgrade to start with and based on my interactions with the hotel I HIGHLY doubt they would even lift a finger.
My comments obviously apply to the difference it makes under the condition does confirm the upgrade within 24 hours.

BTW I had a two or three category upgrade confirmed in advance, from the base level room to the highest nonsuite cateegory at a property with very few suites. It turned out that the hotel did indeed sell out for my dates, yet my unpgrade was honored without incident, as expected. I was a Glob with a cheap Prive rate and no previous stay at the property.
Old Jan 21, 19, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
My comments obviously apply to the difference it makes under the condition does confirm the upgrade within 24 hours.

BTW I had a two or three category upgrade confirmed in advance, from the base level room to the highest nonsuite cateegory at a property with very few suites. It turned out that the hotel did indeed sell out for my dates, yet my unpgrade was honored without incident, as expected. I was a Glob with a cheap Prive rate and no previous stay at the property.

Yes, it's clear that you've had a good experience, but it's also clear that Hyatt has given hotels free rein to disregard the 24-hour confirmed upgrade policy whenever they feel like.

So basically, back to my original question which was that, if hotels can ignore the 24-hour confirmed upgrade policy, what differentiates this program from FHR/Virtuoso? Seems like nothing.
Old Jan 21, 19, 10:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Made a booking at the Andaz SG in December (busy but hardly Fashion Week in Paris) and the hotel claims it can't confirm an upgrade due to "anticipated occupancy" despite the upgrade category having wide open availability right now. If a hotel can refuse to confirm an upgrade because they suspect that it won't be available when you check in, what differentiates Prive's upgrade policies from Virtuoso/FHR's upgrade policies?
As a Prive Agent, Andaz SG is the only hotel or resort we've booked that we've ran into issues with. And numerous times on Prive bookings (not willing to confirm an upgrade, or honor an upgrade, etc.). We've reported these issues up the chain to Hyatt, but so far, we haven't heard back.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 21, 19, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Yes, it's clear that you've had a good experience, but it's also clear that Hyatt has given hotels free rein to disregard the 24-hour confirmed upgrade policy whenever they feel like.

So basically, back to my original question which was that, if hotels can ignore the 24-hour confirmed upgrade policy, what differentiates this program from FHR/Virtuoso? Seems like nothing.
As I posted in the Andaz SG thread, there seems to be a streak of stinginess in the management at that property.

Regarding your question of what differentiates Prive from Virtuoso, in most cases with Prive you get a confirmed upgrade, while Virtuoso only offers a confirmed upgrade at the time of booking at certain properties. Andaz SG is now on Virtuoso and it is upgrade subject to availability at checkin. In your particular case at least you know in advance that upgrade is not likely rather than getting your hopes up. Small consolation, but maybe it is better to get the disappointment out of the way now rather than be disappointed at checkin, which might lessen the enjoyment of your stay. So while unfortunately in your case there was no upside for Prive vs Virtuoso, nor was there any downside.
Old Jan 21, 19, 11:14 pm
formerly staff

Programs: MPC, KF, BAEC // SPG, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by bcosinteno View Post
As a Prive Agent, Andaz SG is the only hotel or resort we've booked that we've ran into issues with. And numerous times on Prive bookings (not willing to confirm an upgrade, or honor an upgrade, etc.). We've reported these issues up the chain to Hyatt, but so far, we haven't heard back.
The Andaz SG feels closer to an Aloft than other Andaz properties in Asia (e.g. Tokyo or Shanghai) so I wouldn't waste my money there anyway. Not that the Grand Hyatt SG is much better...
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: