Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Promotion - Go Farther with 1,000 AA miles .....

Hyatt Promotion - Go Farther with 1,000 AA miles .....

Old Mar 13, 18, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by YOWzer View Post
Is this retroactive or only on upcoming stays after registration?
Good question, I had an HP stay last week and did not see the AA promo. I just registered for AA just now. Doubtful it will be retroactive but I guess I'll know in a week.
Old Mar 13, 18, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
It was nice to get 1k WoH and 1k AA on a 10k Hyatt Place award stay for two nights in Phoenix recently (HP Phoenix Airport). Given spring training it was already a $600 hotel stay if I had paid cash.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:02 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Yes, this promotion is fairly nice, if you're willing to do a bit of hotel-hopping. For a one-night stay at a Hyatt Place, you get 500 Hyatt points and 1000 AA points. If you're in a major city with several low-cost HPs nearby, it's an opportunity to rack up some serious points.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
Yes, this promotion is fairly nice, if you're willing to do a bit of hotel-hopping.
Getting something for nothing is nice even if you're not.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by YOWzer View Post
Is this retroactive or only on upcoming stays after registration?
The T&C do not mention anything about having to register before the stay, so I'm sure it's retroactive.
Old Mar 14, 18, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
This is how one of these has posted to my account: (Points have not yet credited to AA)
Attached Images  
Old Mar 15, 18, 3:46 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
(Points have not yet credited to AA)
My points credit to AA about 2 or 3 days after checkout.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Mar 16, 18, 7:20 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
My points credit to AA about 2 or 3 days after checkout.
What was your checkout date?
Old Mar 16, 18, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
This is how one of these has posted to my account: (Points have not yet credited to AA)
I had the same happen to me and the miles posted to AA as well. Not sure where or how the extra 1000 Hyatt points came in but Iím not complaining.
Old Mar 16, 18, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD View Post
I had the same happen to me and the miles posted to AA as well. Not sure where or how the extra 1000 Hyatt points came in but Iím not complaining.
Hyatt's New Promo Offers Up To 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night - One Mile at a Time

Essentially, I spent 9,000 points for two nights on award at the HP Tempe near PHX and got 1k AA miles as well, during a peak travel period for AZ (Spring Training).
Old Mar 16, 18, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
What was your checkout date?
Checked out on March 1, March 11 and March 12 (3 different stays).

The points post to Hyatt in a day or two. It shows 1000 more points than normal. The screen says that this is for AA miles.

The points post to AA about a week later. It shows 1000 points and is described as "Hyatt Hotels Triple Miles". (So far, the checkout on March 1 posted those points on March 11. The other two have not posted yet).

AFAICT, the 1000 points remain on the Hyatt account. I expect them to come off sooner or later.
Old Mar 16, 18, 3:46 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Quick question

i have stays booked though Rocketmiles (with Holiday Inns) which would earn me AA miles during the period 4-1 - 4/5. In the meanwhile, I booked Hyatts (I book and pay and reimburse but my colleges will stay) during the same period and registered for the promotion...

do do you guys think I can get both AA miles since the bookings are overlapping? Will AA recognize the overlapping therefore only credit one time the AA miles?
Old Mar 16, 18, 6:50 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Checked out on March 1, March 11 and March 12 (3 different stays).

The points post to Hyatt in a day or two. It shows 1000 more points than normal. The screen says that this is for AA miles.

The points post to AA about a week later. It shows 1000 points and is described as "Hyatt Hotels Triple Miles". (So far, the checkout on March 1 posted those points on March 11. The other two have not posted yet).

AFAICT, the 1000 points remain on the Hyatt account. I expect them to come off sooner or later.
Thanks. Sounds like they did a sweep at the beginning of the month into AAdvantage since another person mentioned their stay from 3/31 had already posted. I guess I'll give until the first week in April and if I haven't seen them go to AA yet I'll call in. Fortunately they do show on my account activity along with the proper amount of Hyatt points.
Old Mar 18, 18, 12:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry, SPG/Hilton Gold
Does anyone know/think this will qualify with prepaid rooms? I booked a prepaid (but refundable) rate through Amex Travel for 5x points with them. I don't have a WOH account, but for 1500 AA miles I'd join up if I'd qualify.
Old Mar 18, 18, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Does anyone know/think this will qualify with prepaid rooms? I booked a prepaid (but refundable) rate through Amex Travel for 5x points with them. I don't have a WOH account, but for 1500 AA miles I'd join up if I'd qualify.
Probably not, but it has nothing to do with being prepaid, it has to do with how you booked the rooms (AMEX portal). T&Cs for the promo say "Eligible Rate" (that's usually code for "book through our booking engine or be hosed").

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/04/hot...s-amex-travel/

Search this Thread