Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Page / Lake Powell

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:05 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Had 2 really good nights here. Great rooms, comfy beds.
downside: there are no safes in the room. I inquired at the FD and they confirmed. Only option is to store via the FD.

full breakfast with real cutlery and plates (albeit the standard HP hard plastic…. But better than the foam ones at HP Moab)

I opted in for both rooms via the app for a free 12p checkin. Limited availability. Later realised I‘d be able to checkin at 9am… so changed the option to 9 am for free (I guess as Glob). Only 1 room could be changed. Option disappeared then for the 2nd room. Downside: both rooms were ready just before Noon, so the 9am option did not work.

Excellent cocktails in the evening. Food was good. the flatbreads though were a bit weird, tasty, but they somehow added sugar to them (both varieties). Wife did not like, I somehow did for a change, but would not order again.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by serpens
I have an upcoming stay and I had been really hoping the breakfast would be restored.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
full breakfast with real cutlery and plates (albeit the standard HP hard plastic…. But better than the foam ones at HP Moab)
The breakfast was great. There were fresh blueberries and strawberries, and bulk plain Greek yogurt. The bananas were ripe rather than green. There were six kinds of cereal in bulk dispensers, including granola. Besides bagels, there were English muffins and white and wheat bread. (Too many recent hotels had only bagels.)

The room had a mini-fridge with no freezer. It seemed odd that there was no microwave oven in the room.

The working dryer on the third floor did not dry my clothes in 45 minutes on high. (There were two washing machines and two dryers on each of second and third floors, and one on the third floor was marked out of order.)
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:38 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by serpens

The working dryer on the third floor did not dry my clothes in 45 minutes on high. (There were two washing machines and two dryers on each of second and third floors, and one on the third floor was marked out of order.)
that dryer probably was marked out of order when we were there, the 2nd dryer on the 3rd floor worked fine.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Just completed a one-night stay here to visit some of the parks in the area. I liked the location as it’s up on a rise looking out over the cliffs in the distance, a very dramatic landscape that can be enjoyed from the hotel’s terrace or pool (open til 10PM and very warm). The location is a bit unusual as it’s in a residential area, as others have noted, but it’s close to many dining options and I liked it better than where many of the other hotels were, a bit lower down.

Breakfast was as described upthread. I appreciated they had fresh berries and Greek yogurt.

We were upgraded to a view room - the view doesn’t translate well in pictures but it’s very nice in real life. The room was clean, no noise, typical Hyatt place.

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Restaurants in the area are plentiful and decent (I recommend the pizza place (strombolis) and the Korean fried chicken place next door).
There is also a Walmart superstore. Recommend the Lower Antelope ($50+tax+fees) and Toadstool (30 mins in Utah & free). Horseshoe Bend is only 8 mins away from the hotel ($10/car).
Thank you for the toadstool recommendation! I’m not sure we would’ve known it was there and visited based on your post. It was a great tip and we enjoyed seeing the rock formations.

We also ate at Strombolis. We tried Big John’s BBQ (smelled excellent) and Grand Canyon Brewing but each had a long wait so ended up at Strombolis. The pizza was not remarkable but was solid and the staff were friendly.

There is a lot to see in this area and I would definitely come back. We did the Sunset Crater and Wupatki loop on the way up from Flagstaff and I would definitely recommend that.

View from room at sunset. A bit hard to see the cliffs but it was beautiful in real life.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Thank you for the toadstool recommendation! I’m not sure we would’ve known it was there and visited based on your post. It was a great tip and we enjoyed seeing the rock formations.

We also ate at Strombolis. We tried Big John’s BBQ (smelled excellent) and Grand Canyon Brewing but each had a long wait so ended up at Strombolis. The pizza was not remarkable but was solid and the staff were friendly.
YWC! Toadstool is a gem and I will return one day when we make plans to visit Monument Valley.

And you are right about the pizza but I was glad something was available in the area other than fast food.
River in Sight likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.