FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   San Jose, CA Overnight Stopover (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1894245-san-jose-ca-overnight-stopover.html)

Jenn0625 Feb 16, 2018 8:08 am

San Jose, CA Overnight Stopover

This summer we will be flying home from from Maui with an overnight stopover at SJC. Flight lands at 10pm in San Jose and the flight the next day departs around 2:30pm. Looking for a Hyatt hotel to book with points that includes a free airport shuttle. Which one is the best?

skj Feb 16, 2018 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Jenn0625 (Post 29423745)
This summer we will be flying home from from Maui with an overnight stopover at SJC. Flight lands at 10pm in San Jose and the flight the next day departs around 2:30pm. Looking for a Hyatt hotel to book with points that includes a free airport shuttle. Which one is the best?

I think the 2 Hyatt Houses (Santa Clara and San Jose/Silicon Valley) are the only nearby properties that offer an airport shuttle. Both are fine if you just need a place to sleep.

karung99 Feb 16, 2018 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Jenn0625 (Post 29423745)

Both San Jose Hyatt Place and Santa Clara Hyatt Regency are about 5 miles away from SJC, both DO NOT have free airport shuttles service. If you are using points during Monday to Friday stay will be difficult to stay at HRSC.

LIH Prem Feb 16, 2018 10:36 pm

uber to/from HR SC is not expensive.

-David

Kacee Feb 16, 2018 10:44 pm

And do not stay at HP San Jose/Downtown. Awful property.

JackE Feb 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 29426431)

-David

A tiny fraction of the cost of two people visiting Hawaii.

UAL250 Feb 18, 2018 6:11 pm

One vote for HR SC. Stayed there for a night when I saw an Oregon/Cal football game at Levi's Stadium. Very close to airport, and Uber/cab won't be expensive. Hotel is solid for just one night. Nothing luxurious or special but it's fine for your needs. Have fun.

RichardInSF Feb 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 29426431)

-David

And it you want an even cheaper way to get there, take the free VTA bus to the light rail station (NOT to the train station) and get on a light rail tram going to Mountain View. It has a stop right next to the hotel.

vudoosj Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 29434884)
And it you want an even cheaper way to get there, take the free VTA bus to the light rail station (NOT to the train station) and get on a light rail tram going to Mountain View. It has a stop right next to the hotel.

i have done this and it took me over an hour to get to the HRSC with the transfer, waiting for transfer, and walking. could be fun if you have time and light luggage but really not convenient ....

Jenn0625 Feb 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by vudoosj (Post 29435027)
i have done this and it took me over an hour to get to the HRSC with the transfer, waiting for transfer, and walking. could be fun if you have time and light luggage but really not convenient ....

flight lands at 10:40pm and we will be a family of 4 with luggage so probably not a good route for us

retirementdreams Feb 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Uber, or lyft.... And contact the hotel, advise them you will be late arrival, with kids, they will do what they can to take care of you! Staff there is great

LIH Prem Feb 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jenn0625 (Post 29435643)
flight lands at 10:40pm and we will be a family of 4 with luggage so probably not a good route for us

So you will probably need an Uber XL, which kind of changes the economics a bit. Car rental might be equivalent at that point at least price-wise?

Is it weekend (Thurs - Sun night) or mid-week?

You might want to check out the Residence Inn or Springhill Suites, 2 Marriott properties in the same building with a shuttle, very close to the airport. They are both decent but overpriced mid-week and cat 6.

There's also a Doubletree (Hilton) nearby with a shuttle.

My preferred option would still be the HRSC, but if it's midweek, I'll consider other options and keep an eye on HRSCs pricing.

-David

Jenn0625 Feb 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 29436132)
So you will probably need an Uber XL, which kind of changes the economics a bit. Car rental might be equivalent at that point at least price-wise?

Is it weekend (Thurs - Sun night) or mid-week?

You might want to check out the Residence Inn or Springhill Suites, 2 Marriott properties in the same building with a shuttle, very close to the airport. They are both decent but overpriced mid-week and cat 6.

There's also a Doubletree (Hilton) nearby with a shuttle.

My preferred option would still be the HRSC, but if it's midweek, I'll consider other options and keep an eye on HRSCs pricing.

-David

thank you. It will be a weekend night. We have Hilton points and Hyatt point and will be doing an overnight stay pre Hawaii at LAX and one post night Hawaii stay in San Jose so trying to figure out which brand is best to use for which night surrounding our trip. We only have the status that comes with the chase Hyatt card for Hyatt, but diamond status with Hilton. But enough points to cover one night each with each brand, if that makes sense? Trying to make the travel portions of the trip at a min so most of the vacation monies can be spent in Hawaii, so that is why we are inclined to looking for point only nights with free shuttle.

LIH Prem Feb 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Most weekend nights are very affordable at all the properties in that area unless there’s a special event.
Hopefully you now have enough info to check it out yourself with your actual dates