Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bsdstone
So, in other words, back to what Gold Passport Diamond Amenities used to be...hard pass.
Well, no, not exactly since it is points per night, not points per stay. So for me, who stays several nights at each property, this is slightly better than the old GP Diamond bonus. I don't like the second class treatment for HP/HH. I guarantee my HP stays in the Bay area are significantly more expensive than many full service stays others have elsewhere. In fact, they're more expensive that my own HR stay in DC in two weeks....
DaveH and notquiteaff like this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I went to register and got a message that the offer had already been redeemed??????
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Do you have a concierge or Private Line Agent who enrolled you?
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I just had that thought. The concierge must have enrolled me.
More evidence that I should really change PL/Concierge agents. My old one (who retired) was great. My new one.....not so much. I never seem to get any real help and don't get auto registered
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
At least they're not doing the Marriott thing, and not awarding a bonus until your second stay.

Though it seems the days of truly appealing Hyatt promos are over.
On top of this, the Marriott promo is per stay, while this is per night. Since my stays are typically 4 nights, I will probably stay 24-25 nights on this promo and then go back to trying to earn Marriott lifetime Plat.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I'll earn 10,000 points on this promo just from already booked nights, so I like this promo.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by IggySD
It's certainly better than the promo at the end of last year but there's been a good bit of hopefulness that things would return to the heydeys with the (alleged) lower number of Diamonds and them hiring the individual from SPG. If this is the best they can come up with that optimism can be put to rest.
That's basically how I feel about it. Obviously I'll happily take the ~10k points I'll get from existing bookings but this won't drive any business/loyalty to HGP.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by gengar
That's basically how I feel about it. Obviously I'll happily take the ~10k points I'll get from existing bookings but this won't drive any business/loyalty to HGP.
Did the Diamond 1,000 points drive your loyalty to Hyatt?

We can't have it both ways, complaining that getting rid of the Diamond 1,000/stay amenity was a major loss while this promo's 1,000/night is not worthwhile.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:06 am

As a side note; nights at M life properties will count.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JackE

We can't have it both ways, complaining that getting rid of the Diamond 1,000/stay amenity was a major loss while this promo's 1,000/night is not worthwhile.
In 2016, the Diamond Amenity also came along with better/ more lucrative promos plus lounge closure points when applicable. So yes one can have it both ways and did not that long ago.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold

I'll answer for myself, even though this wasn't directed at me...YES, the diamond points drove my loyalty. It is pretty much the main reason that I left Hyatt once they changed their program. I'm one of the old Diamonds they were looking to get rid of...low revenue stays (typically under $150/night) and almost always one night stays. It's killing me to stay away from Hyatt, because I love their high end properties where I would stay with my family, but basically gutting my point income in half made it a no brainer to head back to SPG.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I'll answer for myself, even though this wasn't directed at me...YES, the diamond points drove my loyalty. It is pretty much the main reason that I left Hyatt once they changed their program. I'm one of the old Diamonds they were looking to get rid of...low revenue stays (typically under $150/night) and almost always one night stays. It's killing me to stay away from Hyatt, because I love their high end properties where I would stay with my family, but basically gutting my point income in half made it a no brainer to head back to SPG.

how does one know what Mlife properties are participating?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Well, no, not exactly since it is points per night, not points per stay. So for me, who stays several nights at each property, this is slightly better than the old GP Diamond bonus. I don't like the second class treatment for HP/HH. I guarantee my HP stays in the Bay area are significantly more expensive than many full service stays others have elsewhere. In fact, they're more expensive that my own HR stay in DC in two weeks....
I think it is MUCH better than the 'amenity' points. I have an 8 night stay coming up, and this will get me 8,000 points while getting me 27% of the nights needed for my cat1-4. The old diamond amenity would have given me 1000 pts, flat. It is better than the 'diamond amenity' and some crazy old promo during the recession years?? Maybe not, but not everything is going to be as good as some old promo.

And yeah, the second-class treatment for HP/HH seems lame, but it was probably the best way Hyatt could limit the cost of the promo since so many HH/HPs are out there. It is also certainly in line with the lower-bonus points offered to the lower-brands that other programs do.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My concierge sent an email telling me about the promotion and that she had registered me.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by creativeguess1

how does one know what Mlife properties are participating?
I'm not sure...
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir

I have no idea why this comment was directed at me - I haven't made any mention at all about the "worth" of either the old benefit or the current promo - only that the current promo won't drive my loyalty to HGP and my general feeling that promo quality won't return to the days of old. You really should show FT'ers basic respect that we're individual people instead of trying to lump people together just because they happen to share the same general opinion on one arbitrary promo.

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
As a side note; nights at M life properties will count.
Yep, all my bonus points from bookings so far will be at mLife properties.

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
How does one know what Mlife properties are participating?
The T&C's of the promo say any "participating M life Rewards destinations" as defined by the broader HGP T&C's, which should thus mean any mLife properties participating in HGP (ie., Bellagio, Aria, Vdara, MGM, Signature, Mandala Bay, Delano, Mirage, Monte Carlo, NYNY, Luxor, Excalibur).
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Already had 30 nights booked between those dates, so I’ll take it.

(Once again, though, I never got an email for this promo, despite having opted in.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.