Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JackE
I personally would not do it because I respect agreements. To the extent others feel the same way, I responded so they have complete information. And who knows whether some trigger happy Hyatt person takes action; dual account holders might be something they care about.

Beyond that, you -- or anyone -- doing it is indeed not anything I care about. It's between you and Hyatt.
One thing is to have two separate accounts. Which is dubious but, as you say, frankly who cares. People forget passwords, need to separate work stays from pleasure etc.

But to check into a hotel with two separate reservations and claim to be two separate people with two separate Hyatt accounts... You're asking for trouble...
notquiteaff and JackE like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:44 pm

I just finished a 3 night stay with two rooms booked under my account. I got points for both rooms but only night credit and the Q1 bonus for 1 room. Do you think I should contact Hyatt for the Q1 bonus for the other room or do not even bother?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:13 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by slm9555
I just finished a 3 night stay with two rooms booked under my account. I got points for both rooms but only night credit and the Q1 bonus for 1 room. Do you think I should contact Hyatt for the Q1 bonus for the other room or do not even bother?
As per the T&C you only get the bonus for the room the member is occupying:

You must be a World of Hyatt member and register for the promotion between February 15, 2018 and March 31, 2018. Register at worldofhyatt.com/morepoints or by calling your nearest Global Contact Center. To join, visit World of Hyatttoday. All eligible nights under this promotion must have a checkout date from February 15, 2018 through May 15, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). You will receive 1,000 Bonus Points for each eligible night at Park Hyatt, Miraval, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Residence Club and participating MGM properties and 500 Bonus Points for each eligible night at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House properties during the Promotion Period. A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Points may be earned per member under this promotion, regardless of the number of nights completed during the Promotion Period. All points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points. For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay. Nights at Oasis Collection properties are not Eligible Nights. Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check-in and choose World of Hyatt points for each stay. World of Hyatt will automatically track Eligible Nights when you provide your World of Hyatt membership number at check-in. Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion with a suitable substitute promotion of equal value (if legally required) at any time due to actual circumstances. This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Miraval, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt™, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, World of Hyatt, Hyatt Residence Club™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. 2018 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
One thing is to have two separate accounts. Which is dubious but, as you say, frankly who cares. People forget passwords, need to separate work stays from pleasure etc.

But to check into a hotel with two separate reservations and claim to be two separate people with two separate Hyatt accounts... You're asking for trouble...
Or just have one room under you and make a new account for who you're travelling with. Then transfer points over when done.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Nothing for Cash+Points redemptions?
I can confirm that my husband just stayed in Pittsburgh for 4,000 +$35 and was given back 995 points. However, the hotel charged him $55 and I"m fighting it right now because even in the email the rate was $35 (as seen on EHD).
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JackE
I personally would not do it because I respect agreements. To the extent others feel the same way, I responded so they have complete information. And who knows whether some trigger happy Hyatt person takes action; dual account holders might be something they care about.

Beyond that, you -- or anyone -- doing it is indeed not anything I care about. It's between you and Hyatt.
Since Hyatt pretty much sh*ts on their customers and GP members for the last 3 years I don't see myself bound to respect them anymore. They are the ones who constantly tweak the rules and make life difficult for people so I also started taking the gloves off. Of course everyone can take and handle that however he pleases. My balance is almost consistently zero so nothing to lose.

As far as the OP or anyone in his situation goes why not open an account for the second person then and transfer the points out after. Perfectly by the book. You wouldnt get double stay credit anyway, it's all about the bonus points.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Since Hyatt pretty much sh*ts on their customers and GP members for the last 3 years I don't see myself bound to respect them anymore. They are the ones who constantly tweak the rules and make life difficult for people so I also started taking the gloves off. Of course everyone can take and handle that however he pleases. My balance is almost consistently zero so nothing to lose.
Now its three years that Hyatt has been screwing its customers? LOL.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Now its three years that Hyatt has been screwing its customers? LOL.
Right. And this is a good example of why Hyatt, and other companies, change their programs.....because 'guests' end up gaming the system
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Right. And this is a good example of why Hyatt, and other companies, change their programs.....because 'guests' end up gaming the system
Or the companies get selfish. People are going to try to game the system wherever they go, regardless of brand. The question becomes at what level do you draw the line and accept gamers because you want their business.

IMO Hyatt screwed themselves. Silly names aside, yes they did ramp up benefits but they failed to see that by changing the qualification rules they differ by Hilton/IHG/Marriott/SPG in one key area - coverage.

While this promo is nice, it still pales compared to the current Hilton promo where you can get up to 4K/night bonus points. This promo essentially gets most of us back to the Diamond Amenity days - however coverage is still an issue. While I travel a lot for work, I'm still very limited to places I travel that have a GH or HR of any kind. I'm not going to stay at a HP or HH where this bonus gives me peanuts vs where I can stay at a Hampton Inn and get 4K/night bonus. Or IHG, I am averaging maybe 5K/night bonus with accelerate.

I'm sure some Hyatt loyalists will tell me to go elsewhere and let them enjoy their benefits - go ahead cause I'm already doing that. Hyatt has some fantastic properties and they do a lot of things right, but promos and elite program isn't a strength for them and hence they have a lost a lot of customers such as myself.
IggySD likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Or the companies get selfish. People are going to try to game the system wherever they go, regardless of brand. The question becomes at what level do you draw the line and accept gamers because you want their business.

IMO Hyatt screwed themselves. Silly names aside, yes they did ramp up benefits but they failed to see that by changing the qualification rules they differ by Hilton/IHG/Marriott/SPG in one key area - coverage.

While this promo is nice, it still pales compared to the current Hilton promo where you can get up to 4K/night bonus points. This promo essentially gets most of us back to the Diamond Amenity days - however coverage is still an issue. While I travel a lot for work, I'm still very limited to places I travel that have a GH or HR of any kind. I'm not going to stay at a HP or HH where this bonus gives me peanuts vs where I can stay at a Hampton Inn and get 4K/night bonus. Or IHG, I am averaging maybe 5K/night bonus with accelerate.

I'm sure some Hyatt loyalists will tell me to go elsewhere and let them enjoy their benefits - go ahead cause I'm already doing that. Hyatt has some fantastic properties and they do a lot of things right, but promos and elite program isn't a strength for them and hence they have a lost a lot of customers such as myself.
1. The coverage thing is somewhat true - but 700 hotels doesn't make Hyatts that rare.

2. So, to clarify, you really do just chase the points from one promo to the next?? On OTM? That's fine if you do. It's just from my perspective, it's better to pool stays at whatever hotel offers the best product regardless of 20$ worth of points.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
1. The coverage thing is somewhat true - but 700 hotels doesn't make Hyatts that rare.

2. So, to clarify, you really do just chase the points from one promo to the next?? On OTM? That's fine if you do. It's just from my perspective, it's better to pool stays at whatever hotel offers the best product regardless of 20$ worth of points.
I'm a promo chaser...as long as I have a goal/purpose for that specific chain. For example I'm chasing the IHG accelerate for the 2nd time ever...it will net me enough for the 3 roadside stays I need on our spring break road trip and two nights at the Intercontinental in Dubai.
Once I finish that promo on Sunday night, I'm headed over to SPG/Marriott to top off my account for 10 nights in Seychellesl Hyatt is in my rear view mirror now because of their changes.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
While this promo is nice, it still pales compared to the current Hilton promo where you can get up to 4K/night bonus points.
You obviously don't quite understand the difference in value between Hilton points and Hyatt points. 4K per stay with Hilton - assuming you are doing multiples of 5 stays - yet you need 50-95K to get a free night anywhere decent.

1K per night with Hyatt, yet you need 12-25K for a decent free night, 30K for the very top end.

"Pales in comparison"... exactly... you reach a free night much faster with Hyatt, unless you are hotel hopping every night in a desperate attempt to generate Hilton stays.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:59 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Just to confirm, I got the 1000 points using my free Cat 1-7 Award at the PH Zurich.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Will you get the 500 bonus points for this promo if you choose AA miles to get the 500miles + 1000 miles in that promo?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
No, as the More Points bonus terms require people to choose Hyatt points to get the More Points bonus. But you can get the More Points and the 1,000 AA miles, as that bonus doesn’t require one to choose miles.

In other words, if you choose Hyatt points, you get the base points, the More Points bonus, and the 1,000 AA miles bonus. If you choose miles, you get the 500 miles plus the 1,000 AA miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.