Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Q1.5 2018 promotion Morepoints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:07 am

I'm so happy they rolled this out 1 week after staying 13 nights. Ughhhh. Hyatt effs me again.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Does this include stays using points? The rules state "a qualifying night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award." Aren't free night awards different than point stays?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by IggySD
While this is better than a sharp stick in the eye it's still a pretty crap promotion. For folks who stay at different hotels frequently it's essentially the return of the Diamond amenity. But compared to previous promotions where 25 nights could earn upwards of 75k points (on top of the Diamond amenity) this is just sad. I get that the new program is just a sad, pathetic shadow of what it used to be but I still hold out hope they're going to surprise us and institute something that is actually better than HGP.
My god. Every time a promo is brought up, someone mentions that it 'wasn't as good' as the 25/75k promo. Perhaps Hyatt would make less people mad by never offering that to being with.

As for the diamond amenity, it's been psuedo-replaced with cat-certificates (which for me, is actually slightly more valuable, but YMMV).

I am going to net 21,000 points with this promo. That's worth something like $420 at a 2 cent/pt value (which, is lower than I've yet to redeem pts for). I am not going to complain about it 'not being good enough'.

Last edited by MarkOK; Feb 15, 2018 at 12:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by jmandc
Does this include stays using points? The rules state "a qualifying night is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award." Aren't free night awards different than point stays?
"free night award" has been WoH-speak for pt-nights, so I would say yeah, most likely. I can let you know for sure after a pt stay I have this weekend.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Nothing for Cash+Points redemptions?
That should be included under the category "eligible paid rate".
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm a little annoyed that the nightly bonus is less on HP/HH Stays. I really don't see why it matters, my nightly rate at the HH I stay at for work is $211/night-- less than many FS Hyatts.

Regardless, better than nothing.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:51 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
That should be included under the category "eligible paid rate".
It's not, if you read the T&Cs ... It's also not an award night.

I think it's an open question if P+C nights will qualify. Hopefully, it's just sloppy drafting by Hyatt and they will count.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by skj
It's not, if you read the T&Cs ... It's also not an award night.

I think it's an open question if P+C nights will qualify. Hopefully, it's just sloppy drafting by Hyatt and they will count.
I do read the T&Cs.

And I quote:
"An “Eligible Rate” is defined as any hotel or resort room rate published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash Award (as defined in Appendix B)) or, for Miraval properties, published by Miraval. A portion of an Eligible Rate may reflect taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party charges for certain included items, and those costs may not be eligible for points. “Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards (as defined in Appendix B), ), complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book), traditional wholesale rates (examples include, without limitation, GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. (A “contracted room” is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel or resort and a corporation, government agency, or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time.) "

Appendix A, 1. Earning Points, Part 5. Base Points and Bonus Points: Eligible Rate

And, if you read the rest of the Terms of Conditions, it states over and over and over again the benefits that come when members stay at "Eligible rates", such as earning status, being able to redeem club access and TSU awards, when resort fees are waived, etc., without any need to state that "pt+Cash" is an 'eligible rate' because the above quoted text already described it as such.

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
I like this promo. Maybe this isn't as lucrative as some in the past, however this promo has advantages over some previous promotions because there aren't minimum nights or stay thresholds. As a leisure traveler, this promo works for me.

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarkOK
My god. Every time a promo is brought up, someone mentions that it 'wasn't as good' as the 25/75k promo. Perhaps Hyatt would make less people mad by never offering that to being with.

As for the diamond amenity, it's been psuedo-replaced with cat-certificates (which for me, is actually slightly more valuable, by YMMV).

I am going to net 21,000 points with this promo. That's worth something like $420 at a 2 cent/pt value (which, is lower than I've yet to redeem pts for). I am not going to complain about it 'not being good enough'.
Isn't it clear? This promotion proves, beyond a doubt that WoH is going under and that Hyatt is circling the drain. This promo, along with their logo, are what is wrong with this world, why can't things be like they used to be, I loved the past, it was so reassuring and looking back, provided me with so much certainty. I will reluctantly register for this promotion from my suite upgrade at the HR Toronto, but I don't have to like it. I'm seriously thinking of taking all my business to another chain where loyalty isn't defined by how much you stay, but how much you spend.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Isn't it clear? This promotion proves, beyond a doubt that WoH is going under and that Hyatt is circling the drain. This promo, along with their logo, are what is wrong with this world, why can't things be like they used to be, I loved the past, it was so reassuring and looking back, provided me with so much certainty. I will reluctantly register for this promotion from my suite upgrade at the HR Toronto, but I don't have to like it. I'm seriously thinking of taking all my business to another chain where loyalty isn't defined by how much you stay, but how much you spend.
This...is... ridiculous... You're already booked at a HR, will receive bonus points that you hadn't expected, and you complain about it by threatening to move to another chain. (which you won't do because nobody else will guarantee those suite upgrades)

And the quality of each hotel chain's logo should definitely be the key factor in deciding which one to choose...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:31 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by craigthemif
This...is... ridiculous... :
He was being facetious.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by antonius66
Basically 20% off Cat 1 awards. The only thing I hate about promos like this are that to me they fail in their most basic purpose. To me, a promo should drive business.
That's looking at it from the business' perspective. It's like saying FFN was a bad promotion because it was too generous.

Also, with so few Cat 1 properties, a more meaningful percentage would be for a Cat 3 or 4 property.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by antonius66
To me, a promo should drive business. 1k points per night will not drive anyone to stay extra nights.
I disagree. it already has changed my stay pattern for the next 3 months. Before was 75% SPG and 25% Hyatt. Is now the reversed.

And once I reached 30 night... another free night cert will be deposited. ...

And compare this to the spg double points, Hyatt wins hands down.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Feb 15, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by conde
I like this promo. Maybe this isn't as lucrative as some in the past, however this promo has advantages over some previous promotions because there aren't minimum nights or stay thresholds. As a leisure traveler, this promo works for me.
Comparing every promo to the singular best promo in the last 20 years is lame. Better to compare this to recent promos, like the double point promos last year. This promo is better than that with regards to counting free night awards and for any nights less than $200 (at full service) or $100 at HH/HP, but it is worst than that for nights where the rate is more than $200 (at full service) or $100 at HH/HP. For me, I come out slightly ahead with this promo compared to double pt promos: I have 8 nights at above $200 planned for which double points would have been better, I also have 7 free night awards booked that makes up for that relative loss, and 10 nights where it is more or less a wash.

I rather this promo for the same reason I liked the double pts promos -- it is clear, clean, and simple, and fair to different travel types. Will I stay more because of it? Hard to tell, I have 7 stays (my free night awards) that are perfectly optional stays, and this makes it less likely I decide to stay home. Does it make me enjoy the program more?? It sure does, it will help accumulate pts for travel I want to book in 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.