Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt 1-7 certificate extension

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: All
Agree with reply by jameswes ....I also called as long time Globalist and got shot down in asking for points exchange for Cat 1-7 certificate. I also did 3 HUCA and same reply.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
I called (as globalist) - the Cat 1-7 from the globalist switch cannot be redeemed for points after expiration and is not able to be extended. If anyone else hears something different I'd be happy to know, but as it is now, I'm probably just going to use it on a category 4 I'm already planning on spending a night at in the next week.
I think this is the wisest course of action. I just plugged mine into a Cat 5 booking this weekend. I'll be very surprised if they start handing out points come March.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
I think this is the wisest course of action. I just plugged mine into a Cat 5 booking this weekend. I'll be very surprised if they start handing out points come March.
Same here, Cat 5 for next week.

As for the bolded [mine] we're in total agreement. With an entire year to have used a gift I don't see Hyatt making whole those who let the certs expire. Nor would I expect them to.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Same here, Cat 5 for next week.

As for the bolded [mine] we're in total agreement. With an entire year to have used a gift I don't see Hyatt making whole those who let the certs expire. Nor would I expect them to.
Yes, but don't worry... despite giving people a year fair warning and telling them repeatedly no points will be offered, there's sure to be an entertaining thread of people aghast, certain that this is just another sign of how abysmal WoH is
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:09 pm

I called (as globalist) - the Cat 1-7 from the globalist switch cannot be redeemed for points after expiration and is not able to be extended. If anyone else hears something different I'd be happy to know, but as it is now, I'm probably just going to use it on a category 4 I'm already planning on spending a night at in the next week.
I've asked on twitter and through my globalist concierge, and both have told me the following "I am sorry to hear that you are not able to use the Category 1-7 award. Regretfully, we are not able to extend any awards. I will be happy to look into this once the award expires. If you are not able to use it by then please email me and I will see what I am able to do."

Anyone else rolling the dice?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dpham4
I've asked on twitter and through my globalist concierge, and both have told me the following "I am sorry to hear that you are not able to use the Category 1-7 award. Regretfully, we are not able to extend any awards. I will be happy to look into this once the award expires. If you are not able to use it by then please email me and I will see what I am able to do."

My Cat 1-7 cert for Globalist requalification expires 4/14/18. I haven't seen anyone reporting letting one of these expire.

I'm not willing to roll this dice, even if I don't have a good use. I can always use the 1 night stay credit toward the 55 nights needed for 2018.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dpham4

Especially since these count for night credit this year (and retroactively for 2017), it seems silly to waste a free night (and a free night credit) and a 1K point bonus (due to promo) because you were "hoping" for some points even though multiple agents for multiple people have said that they cannot be extended or given points in lieu.

Sure you could roll the dice, but the chance of it working seems extremely low on a free night that was given to every globalist (ie not earned). I'll take my free night, night credit and 1K points thank you.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CIT85
My Cat 1-7 cert for Globalist requalification expires 4/14/18.
That's interesting, I (and everyone else I've seen) have the Cat 1-7 cert expire 2/28/18, which is why we're all talking about it now. Globalist started 3/1/17, certs were good for a year, therefore expiration of 2/28/18.

My hunch would be that perhaps your cert expiring 4/14/18 is actually a Cat 1-4 from the brand explorer? Or from staying 30 nights in 2018? Since you requalified, both seems quite likely.
Another alternative would be that you managed to hit 60 nights on 4/15/18 (thus earning a Cat 1-7 cert, but not the same Cat 1-7 cert that we're talking about).
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

My hunch would be that perhaps your cert expiring 4/14/18 is actually a Cat 1-4 from the brand explorer? Or from staying 30 nights in 2018? Since you requalified, both seems quite likely.
Another alternative would be that you managed to hit 60 nights on 4/15/18 (thus earning a Cat 1-7 cert, but not the same Cat 1-7 cert that we're talking about).
When you hit 60 nights on 14 December 2017 more or less, you received a Cat 1-7 valid for 120 days - i.e. 14 April 2018.

Mine happens to expire on 12 April 2018. The switchover one was spent ages ago.

Was just checking out this thread because I planned to use it at the PH Tokyo and Hyatt IT is showing phantom availability for the date I'd need...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
That's interesting, I (and everyone else I've seen) have the Cat 1-7 cert expire 2/28/18, which is why we're all talking about it now. Globalist started 3/1/17, certs were good for a year, therefore expiration of 2/28/18.

I used that Cat 1-7 cert at PHV in April last year, which was a great use of the cert.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
When you hit 60 nights on 14 December 2017 more or less, you received a Cat 1-7 valid for 120 days - i.e. 14 April 2018.

Mine happens to expire on 12 April 2018. The switchover one was spent ages ago.

Was just checking out this thread because I planned to use it at the PH Tokyo and Hyatt IT is showing phantom availability for the date I'd need...
That is correct, we both hit our 60 nights as late as possible.

I'll end up using mine at Washington DC PH which is only Cat 5, and weekend rate is "only" $264. Bot the best use of a Cat 1-7 cert.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I was unable to use the Cat 1-7 Certificate (despite having it for a year) and I called in after the certificate expired and the rep gladly added 20K points to my account. I'd suggest anyone who let their cert expire call and get your points. Pretty happy with the outcome.

My 4 Suite Upgrade awards also expired unused but she didn't offer any points for them.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I was unable to use the Cat 1-7 Certificate (despite having it for a year) and I called in after the certificate expired and the rep gladly added 20K points to my account. I'd suggest anyone who let their cert expire call and get your points. Pretty happy with the outcome.

My 4 Suite Upgrade awards also expired unused but she didn't offer any points for them.
That is a nice outcome. I'm in somewhat similar situation but decided to use it instead (before it expires) for a category 4 hotel this weekend.
Would have been better to get the 20k points but still too uncertain for me.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by crazyhorse

Props to you for getting 20K for the expired cert; I wasn't willing to risk getting nothing in return.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Another data point of rolling the dice and getting 20K points by my concierge.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:34 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.