Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Us military getting spouse hyatt benefits ?

Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: HYATT

Hello, I work for the US Air force, and my wife works for Hyaat Regency in IL.

She gets 12 free hotel stays a year and she usually wastes them. This year I am going on deployment and was hoping to use some of her free 12 days on my return back home.

Is that possible. Can I use her free days to stay in the hotel under her name ? My command can route a letter if needed that I am on deployment.

Please advice.

FYI, I am planning to go to Melbourne on my way back.

Thank You
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't understand why you would think that your military status warrants any special treatment. Shouldn't the question be whether an individual can use his/her spouse's employee free nights (or is it really 12 free stays of any length?) without the employee spouse being present?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Ali Ansari
Can I use her free days to stay in the hotel under her name ?
We don't have a lot of hotel employees on FT, so you might get a better answer if your wife reviews the terms and conditions of her free night passes. Surely there's some written material that accompanies them, either in print or on the corporate website, as to whether she needs to be physically present to use those free nights? If she doesn't know the answer, I'm sure someone at Hyatt in Omaha would be able to sort it out for her. I just wouldn't expect a Hyatt corporate employee to appear on this forum to discuss employee benefits in this area.
karung99 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't understand why you would think that your military status warrants any special treatment. Shouldn't the question be whether an individual can use his/her spouse's employee free nights (or is it really 12 free stays of any length?) without the employee spouse being present?
Agree that OP being AF doesn't really matter. It's more of an internal Hyatt question.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a question for OP to ask his wife and for his wife to ask her HR people at Hyatt if she can't locate the answer herself. Maybe it's allowed in general, maybe there is an exception for active duty spouses and more likely, neither.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
He didn't say he thought he deserved special treatment. He asked if there was. Many companies honor those who risk their lives in defense of ours, and it is perfectly acceptable to ask if Hyatt is one of them.

Last edited by JackE; Feb 12, 2018 at 12:39 am
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:38 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Hello, I work for the US Air force, and my wife works for Hyaat Regency in IL.

She gets 12 free hotel stays a year and she usually wastes them. This year I am going on deployment and was hoping to use some of her free 12 days on my return back home.

Is that possible. Can I use her free days to stay in the hotel under her name ? My command can route a letter if needed that I am on deployment.

Please advice.

FYI, I am planning to go to Melbourne on my way back.

Thank You
The answer is no. It's an employee benefit. The property will go out of their way to meet her, welcome her and make sure she is catered to during the stay so there's no way to game the system without it being obvious she isn't present. It would also be add to apply for the staff days when she is actually working.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: HYATT
First of all thank you all for your responses, secondly Neither did I write, imply nor do I think I deserve a special treatment because I am in the AF , that was to show the situation why I am checking in without my wife. If I hurted anyone's sensitive feelings then I apologize.
I guess the best the best thing I could do is ask my wife to call her HR, but I was hoping to see of anyone was also in that situation and how they handled it.

Thank you.
Very respectfully
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:58 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
First of all thank you all for your responses, secondly Neither did I write, imply nor do I think I deserve a special treatment because I am in the AF , that was to show the situation why I am checking in without my wife. If I hurted anyone's sensitive feelings then I apologize.
I guess the best the best thing I could do is ask my wife to call her HR, but I was hoping to see of anyone was also in that situation and how they handled it.

Thank you.
Very respectfully
Welcome to FT, btw.

You may find there is a 'Friends and family' rate or similar. Best to get her to ask.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold

Thank you.
Very respectfully
It seems implied that by including the detail that you are AF and would be on deployment and could have your command route a letter you are hoping for special treatment. If you did not hope it would allow you special treatment, you could have left all of that information out.
You could have just said "She gets 12 free hotel stays a year and she usually wastes them. Is that possible. Can I use her free days to stay in the hotel under her name ? "

have her check the terms and conditions on her employee nights, but I doubt it will have terms such as "can be used for spouse returning from deployment, but only with command letter"
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by DjRashonal
It seems implied that by including the detail that you are AF and would be on deployment and could have your command route a letter you are hoping for special treatment. If you did not hope it would allow you special treatment, you could have left all of that information out.
You could have just said "She gets 12 free hotel stays a year and she usually wastes them. Is that possible. Can I use her free days to stay in the hotel under her name ? "

have her check the terms and conditions on her employee nights, but I doubt it will have terms such as "can be used for spouse returning from deployment, but only with command letter"
What exactly is the problem with hoping for a military discount? I hope I get a AAA discount. So what? If I get it, I get it. If I don't, I don't.

Hospitality firms may offer discounts because it's good marketing or out of civic duty. The OP does his part in ensuring the safety of Hyatt, so I hope they return the favor, but that's their decision, not anyone else's. The only thing the OP has done wrong is backing down to internet bullies.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by JackE
What exactly is the problem with hoping for a military discount? I hope I get a AAA discount. So what? If I get it, I get it. If I don't, I don't.

Hospitality firms may offer discounts because it's good marketing or out of civic duty. The OP does his part in ensuring the safety of Hyatt, so I hope they return the favor, but that's their decision, not anyone else's. The only thing the OP has done wrong is backing down to internet bullies.
So do policemen, firemen, first responders, crossing guards, bouncers and bartenders among others. It's become de rigueur at this point to worship the military or face a backlash which, IMO, is not healthy and if Joe Schmoe doesn't have this allowance than others shouldn't either.

/OT
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
So do policemen, firemen, first responders, crossing guards, bouncers and bartenders among others. It's become de rigueur at this point to worship the military or face a backlash which, IMO, is not healthy and if Joe Schmoe doesn't have this allowance than others shouldn't either.

/OT
Then if you have a business, don't give military and cops a discount. And when someone tries to rob your business, call a bartender or crossing guard.

But if other businesses want to provide a discount, not your place to judge that.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Then if you have a business, don't give military and cops a discount. And when someone tries to rob your business, call a bartender or crossing guard.

But if other businesses want to provide a discount, not your place to judge that.
Wait, you were all gung ho about the military so don't move the goalposts.

Let me understand, if someone robs a business they call the military? LOL do you live in a banana republic? And who are you to tell me not to judge? Taking away my right to an opinion as well? Jeeeeeeez.

And haven't police discounts been outlawed in many forms?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
911 dispatchers don't discriminate when assigning calls. If your business has just been robbed (as in someone just came in and pointed a gun at you and took money), you'll get the highest priority of response or both the dispatcher and beat officer risk joining the ranks of the unemployed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.