Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Comparing Hyatt Place vs Four Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comparing Hyatt Place vs Four Points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:24 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by joe_miami
This is silly. There are some great HP and HH properties, and HP and HH are the easiest route to status with Hyatt.
Very appealing proposition, earn elite status by staying at properties where elite status doesn't get you anything.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
Very appealing proposition, earn elite status by staying at properties where elite status doesn't get you anything.
Swing and a miss.

I didn’t say it was great to stay at HH or HP *with* status.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Room rates: In every market I've stayed in (about 5 this year), HP is about 10% cheaper than 4PS.
It's extremely market-dependent. On the rare occasion that there's even an HP in the area, I have found the exact opposite. You just have to know how to look for the discounts.

I've never stayed at an HP because of their relative rarity, but I do have to agree wth Time traveller that you cannot judge the entire 4P brand from a couple of properties. SPG's "brand standards" are very fluid and subject to propery whims.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman;29405468

I've never stayed at an HP because of their relative rarity, but I do have to agree wth [b
Time traveller[/b] that you cannot judge the entire 4P brand from a couple of properties. SPG's "brand standards" are very fluid and subject to propery whims.
And chances are there are several SPG/ Marriott branded options close by so it is easy enough to avoid the bad properties and still get elite benefits.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
HP is predictably mediocre. I will take that over 4P which like Doubletree is unpredictably mediocre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.