Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt launches global review of all its brands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:57 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

"Hyatt and its creative agency of record MullenLowe have parted ways as the hotel chain launches a global review for all 12 of its brands around the world, sources confirmed to Adweek."

Wonder what this really means.... and what impact this will have to the 12 brands...revisiting all their brands?
Full article:
Hyatt Launches Global Creative Review and Eliminates Chief Marketing Officer Role ? Adweek
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
"Hyatt and its creative agency of record MullenLowe have parted ways as the hotel chain launches a global review for all 12 of its brands around the world, sources confirmed to Adweek."

Wonder what this really means.... and what impact this will have to the 12 brands...revisiting all their brands?

Seems like it means Hyatt wants new commercials, for the company itself, as well as each of its brands.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:24 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Seems like it means Hyatt wants new commercials, for the company itself, as well as each of its brands.
so you don‘t think it is around rebranding the hotels? I couldn‘t quite figure what the article really meant...
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire Ambassador; AA Exec Plat; UA Silver
so you don‘t think it is around rebranding the hotels? I couldn‘t quite figure what the article really meant...
It appears to be solely about advertising. My takeaway (and hope) is that the whole "world of understanding" thing hasn't really worked that well, and they want to go into a different direction.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:33 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Oh ok... my misunderstanding... maybe we should simply close this thread again.
What do the mods think?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It reads to me that there is internal personnel shakeup and change in advertising agency. Hyatt will get a new agency with new creative advertising campaign.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.

I am not fluent in ad-agency speak, but no, I don't think it has to do with rebranding individual hotels or shuffling the existing brands around or anything like that. I think it is just for developing advertisements. Aka. Instead of "living grand", "luxury is personal", etc, it looks like Hyatt wants to try a different direction.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:19 pm

I think it involves more than mere advertising and has to be read together with the personnel changes and reorganizations that have been occurring lately within the company. WOH is part of the equation but the bigger picture is still opaque.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I think its about changing the font and logo for "World of Hyatt"
mstrbldr, 59Impala, JackE and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:18 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I am not fluent in ad-agency speak, but no, I don't think it has to do with rebranding individual hotels or shuffling the existing brands around or anything like that. I think it is just for developing advertisements. Aka. Instead of "living grand", "luxury is personal", etc, it looks like Hyatt wants to try a different direction.
My humble suggestion: get a loyalty program which actually makes people want to stay there.

For example, Gold Passport from 2016.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
"First do no harm" works.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
My humble suggestion: get a loyalty program which actually makes people want to stay there.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder

”Striving to better, oft we mar what’s well” ( Albany, King Lear, 5.3).
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:45 pm

I still very much want to stay at Hyatt, and credit for award nights, free resort fees, dsu use on awards all make it still desirable. Things like hotels gaming the system, refusing to honor benefits, etc has nothing to do with gp or woh. Hyatt just refuses to enforce terms, and they didn't enforce before either. Yeah, losing diamond amenity was significant, but at least they extended the annual free nights to 6 months and now with them counting towards annual qualification, it helps. I have things I definitely want to see with Hyatt, but saying that 2016 Hyatt was paradise and 2018 Hyatt is hell on earth is absolute nonsense.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
"World of Understanding" campaign was a total misunderstanding of the market. No doubt Hyatt wanna change direction...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.