Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Manila - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Manila - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by khabah

The views are fine... but my room stares directly into the building across the street, in addition to the corner unit next to my room peering straight into the living room. The bigger issue lies in the fact that neither special request was met, especially considering that I had written the hotel and spoken to them in advance, plus received verbal confirmation that they would accommodate those requests.

In any case, I’ve experienced the Grand Club at length tonight and can attest to its stunning views [it’s up on the 57th floor without any other buildings blocking it], fantastic food offerings [tonight featured pasta pomodoro, sushi, short ribs, cheese fondue and a vegetarian lasagna] and stellar staff who refer to guests by name. Planning to check the pool and fitness facilities out tomorrow and will report back.

khabah
You should have raised the issue with DM at checkin and I'm sure they would move you. Not a full house during the Manila weekdays?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:52 pm

Staying here in a few weeks and have a grand suite booked. I have searched the web and haven't seen any pictures of the suite has anyone stayed and can share what it looks like and how big it is?

Edit-sorry I see the couple of pictures above now but still can't tell how big . Is it a true suite with a dividing door? Will a rollaway bed fit nicely?

Last edited by ZBigFam; Apr 15, 2019 at 5:57 pm
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:09 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I stayed in one. It's quite big and well designed. Only one bathroom, though. Double corner room (room and bedrooms are both on separate corners in a zig-zag shape), so you get crazy good views.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I have a 1 night award stay in Feb of 2020. We need to spend the night after leaving Amanpulo for our flights to work out. We will arrive around 4 or 5 pm. I am only discoverist level but I was wondering about paying to upgrade to a room with club access? The pictures look very nice

Secondly I would love it here more about people's experiences that have used club level access and the quality of the items offered. The pics look really nice so it had me thinking depending on the price about trying to pay to upgrade to get access. We do not plan on leaving the hotel. I imagine once we are there we will only eat at the hotel restaurants for that one night and then breakfast and lunch the next day as there is not really anything we care to see in MNL. So we could conceivably spend a lot of time in the lounge/club area eating drinking and taking in the views. The lounge/club would make for a place nice place to spend some time as our flight out of MNL is not until 5:45 pm. I will hope we can get a late check out. Thoughts ? Should I just find a generic email on the hotel website and inquire, or does someone have a manager's email? Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The club lounge is quite nice. The chef is the nicest lady. Loved the food and the staff.

Don't miss the rooftop bar either.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
I have a 1 night award stay in Feb of 2020. We need to spend the night after leaving Amanpulo for our flights to work out. We will arrive around 4 or 5 pm. I am only discoverist level but I was wondering about paying to upgrade to a room with club access? The pictures look very nice

Secondly I would love it here more about people's experiences that have used club level access and the quality of the items offered. The pics look really nice so it had me thinking depending on the price about trying to pay to upgrade to get access. We do not plan on leaving the hotel. I imagine once we are there we will only eat at the hotel restaurants for that one night and then breakfast and lunch the next day as there is not really anything we care to see in MNL. So we could conceivably spend a lot of time in the lounge/club area eating drinking and taking in the views. The lounge/club would make for a place nice place to spend some time as our flight out of MNL is not until 5:45 pm. I will hope we can get a late check out. Thoughts ? Should I just find a generic email on the hotel website and inquire, or does someone have a manager's email? Thanks!
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/rewards/free-nifree-nights-upgrades.htm
you have a few options. I would call reservations. You could book a paid stay and use points to upgrade. Or you could use all points for a club room. Same two options for a suite.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:51 am

Am wondering if i can upgrade from the Grand suite to the suite above it, don't know what it's called. ..
​​​​​​anyone have a contact for the GM so I can ask?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:14 am

Google is your friend

Search this page for
​bogensperger

​​​​​​http://cn.swisscham.org/sha/mbp/hotels-and-resorts
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Braswch
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/rewards/free-nifree-nights-upgrades.htm
you have a few options. I would call reservations. You could book a paid stay and use points to upgrade. Or you could use all points for a club room. Same two options for a suite.

Thank you! I don't have much experience with Hyatt. I am a disenfranchised SPG loyalist. I had points from a Hyatt CC card sign up that have been sitting there a while. I was thinking I would give them a try. This looks like a beautiful property to just chill at before a long flight back to the US. I did have a really good experience a few years back with a paid stay at the GH Kauai, but that's about it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
Thank you! I don't have much experience with Hyatt. I am a disenfranchised SPG loyalist. I had points from a Hyatt CC card sign up that have been sitting there a while. I was thinking I would give them a try. This looks like a beautiful property to just chill at before a long flight back to the US. I did have a really good experience a few years back with a paid stay at the GH Kauai, but that's about it.
I'll be interested to hear how you like the Hyatt. I'm sure by that point any kinks will be worked out. I just got back from there (Amanpulo) and we stayed at the Fairmont before and after. If you stay in the gold club rooms it's good. I actually had booked the hyatt but ended up deciding against it. I'm sure the views are really nice.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Braswch
I'll be interested to hear how you like the Hyatt. I'm sure by that point any kinks will be worked out. .
Me too. I am increasing looking at their properties for future stays. I mostly would be booking PH's and GH's. The MNL property looks quite nice.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:59 am

I asked about a premium suite upgrade using points at this hotel. Was given a RIDICULOUS QUOTE!

Bear in mind I already applied a TSU ontop of my reservation, then I was told I would need to pay $150usd and 9k in points ADDITIONAL!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I asked about a premium suite upgrade using points at this hotel. Was given a RIDICULOUS QUOTE!

Bear in mind I already applied a TSU ontop of my reservation, then I was told I would need to pay $150usd and 9k in points ADDITIONAL!
I got the suite upgrade for free. I think your chances are pretty good without paying anything, even a TSU. Don't think they see a million elites here
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:35 am

Did you get the grand executive or just the grand? I already have the upgrade to the grand secured with a TSU. Just want to secure a higher upgrade to the grand executive.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:01 pm

After reading all the positive comments and seeing the great pics. I changed my reservation. I had an award stay (Deluxe King room) for 12k in points. They said I could get club access for 5k more in points so I added that

My wife and I don't really plan on leaving the hotel as we are getting there around 5pm and we will check out late (2pm) the next day to catch our flight back to the US. Its just a stopover at the GH MNL after leaving Amanpulo to make our flights work. We plan on taking full advantage of all the food offerings in the club!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.