Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt makes award nights count towards status apply to retroactive 2017 status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Award nights count for tier status - retroactive to 2017

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if others got the email, but it seems they made this retroactive for the whole year of 2017. I wonder how many people got bumped a tier by that change. I got an extra 10000pts from it, which is an unexpected surprise.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by TommyboyCAN
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if others got the email, but it seems they made this retroactive for the whole year of 2017. I wonder how many people got bumped a tier by that change. I got an extra 10000pts from it, which is an unexpected surprise.
I received that email, but mine says I will get to choose between a TSU or 10k points (that's an easy choice)
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:42 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

I just got an email from Hyatt - they are applying the award nights counting towards status retroactively, so that 2017 nights did indeed count towards status... So that bumps me to get a few more TSU's or 10k points.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Hyatt counting award nights in 2017 for Tier!

Hyatt is counting any award nights from 2017 for 2018 tiers retroactively. Those who did say, 60 nights eligible rates and another 20 award nights will be counted as 80 and be eligible for threshold bonuses.

Thank you for letting World of Hyatt® be part of your travels and the unforgettable memories you've created.We understand every night matters. That's why we recently announced nights on free night awards will now count as tier-qualifying nights. Plus, they will count toward achieving more rewards when you complete 70, 80, 90 or 100 qualifying nights in a calendar year.In appreciation of your loyalty, your nights on free night awards in 2017 will count toward more rewards. With your free night award nights and your other eligible nights in 2017, we're excited to let you know you achieved one of these milestones. You will soon receive an email to choose your reward–a suite upgrade award or 10,000 Bonus Points.

We understand you have a choice when deciding where to stay. Wherever your travel takes you, we look forward to celebrating you throughout your journey.
Be well,
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I just got an email from Hyatt - they are applying the award nights counting towards status retroactively, so that 2017 nights did indeed count towards status... So that bumps me to get a few more TSU's or 10k points.
Got the same email. Brought me from 60 nts to 73. Curious if this was only for those that had achieved status to get extra awards, or if anyone was say bumped up to Globalist based on some award stays.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:57 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I went from 72 to 95, so I am not sure.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
" In appreciation of your loyalty, your nights on free night awards in 2017 will count toward more rewards. With your free night award nights and your other eligible nights in 2017, we're excited to provide you 2 rewards–each providing you a choice of a suite upgrade award or 10,000 Bonus Points. You will soon receive an email to choose your rewards. "

I was confused now I get it... I just didn't realized I used 26 award nights in 2017 - just not sure if they are counting it right
Looking forward to 20K pts

Wonder what prompted this and there will be some happy folks that'll now be Globalist because of this bump...

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Jan 23, 2018 at 10:16 am
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:24 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I had quite a few award nights wonder what they’ll offer.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:26 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
No email here ... I had 55 paid nights last year and made Glob via the CC 20 night offer. I had an additional 8 nights from points or free night awards. It would be nice to get the TSUs and free night, but I'm not holding my breath ...
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I also just got the email. It shows 104 total nights in 2017, with 60 paid. Looks like P&C nights show as awards? No matter as I finished with 70+ so I am getting three awards.

I'll probably just take the 30K points as I don't think I'll make good use of three extra suite upgrades. I will hit Lifetime Globalist VERY soon and I am already expecting 4 more upgrades to go along with the other four for re-qualifying in 2017...
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Very pleasantly surprised to see this. Took a lot of vacation last year, 115 nights all leisure.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
I'm happy for those who achieved the next status via reward nights in 2017 -- we're mostly not competing with each other! However, this doesn't quite feel fair for those of us who spent additional $$ in 2017 to stay unnecessary paid nights at the end of 2017. To get to 60, I needed to get a couple of nights via paid mattress run (~$300 spent).

Has anyone confirmed that award nights counted in 2017 towards status (not just extra reward tiers)?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by soartoday
I'm happy for those who achieved the next status via reward nights in 2017 -- we're mostly not competing with each other! However, this doesn't quite feel fair for those of us who spent additional $$ in 2017 to stay unnecessary paid nights at the end of 2017. To get to 60, I needed to get a couple of nights via paid mattress run (~$300 spent).

Has anyone confirmed that award nights counted in 2017 towards status (not just extra reward tiers)?
I got an email offering me 10K in points or another TSU. Am thinking i will get that TSU since i think it will have a much longer expiration date. I was bumped from 60 to 72.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:21 am

What a weird, seemingly oddly timed thing to do. I'm curious what their goal was / is. Appease high stay people with some marginal points / TSUs? Increase the number of people at one or more tiers? Something else?

Make me curious that even after the generous 20 stay globalist list thing in the fall if they still were falling way short of targets.

Hyatt seems to be in an awkward position of trying to inflate (even if just perceived) WoH participation lately. Are they trying to plump themselves prior to being acquired?

Last edited by ClarkGriswold; Jan 23, 2018 at 11:23 am Reason: more readable
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@ClarkGriswold - Gift horse -> look that way!
ClarkGriswold likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.