Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Soft Landing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Globalist Soft Landing

I did not see this topic, but I just checked my status with Hyatt and am still Globalist. I was nowhere near requal with only about 21 nights last year. I had been Diamond for about 10 years prior. Was there a soft landing or will it still change end of January?

Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire Ambassador; AA Exec Plat; UA Silver
Status expires at the end of February, so if you check again around March 1st, you'll probably be soft-landed to Explorist.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm not aware of Hyatt offering soft landings.

Your account should become Discoverist on 1st March.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I'm not aware of Hyatt offering soft landings.

Your account should become Discoverist on 1st March.
Jeff Zidell said Globalists would be soft landed to Explorist. Whether that still holds true many of us will find out on March 1.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Jeff Zidell said Globalists would be soft landed to Explorist. Whether that still holds true many of us will find out on March 1.
I thought that was 2016 Diamonds who didn't re-qualify.

But since it would be an unpublished benefit, you're right in that people will find out on 1 March.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I thought that was 2016 Diamonds who didn't re-qualify.
See this thread: Soft Landings

It was confirmed by WoH concierge in a pm to OsakaWino.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Go to your account:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/my-account.html

When does it say it expires? I re-qual'd on the 20 night promo, and it says Feb/28/2019. If yours still says Feb/28/2018 then that means that you most likely aren't going to be Globalist in 6 weeks.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
If yours still says Feb/28/2018 then that means that you most likely aren't going to be Globalist in 6 weeks.
No kidding. The question is what will OP be as of March 1 - GM, or Explorist?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See this thread: Soft Landings

It was confirmed by WoH concierge in a pm to OsakaWino.
The perfect thread for this to be merged into then...
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Data point:

I had 10 night stay at Hyatt last year (moved to Marriott), and I was soft-landed to Explorist with Club Access Awards expiring on Feb 28, 2021.

6 years as Diamond & Globalist.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by samwise6222
Data point:

I had 10 night stay at Hyatt last year (moved to Marriott), and I was soft-landed to Explorist with Club Access Awards expiring on Feb 28, 2021.

6 years as Diamond & Globalist.
Same here after 10 years Diamond. Now Explorist. No excuses for becoming parents last year, so no travelling. Disappointing after 10 years.
Marriot was taken me happily. Really disgusting after 10 years, about 750.000 points and about 70 nights to go this year. I was told "policy"
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Same here after 10 years Diamond. Now Explorist. No excuses for becoming parents last year, so no travelling. Disappointing after 10 years.
Marriot was taken me happily. Really disgusting after 10 years, about 750.000 points and about 70 nights to go this year. I was told "policy"
Let's try that again. You think it's "disgusting" that Hyatt soft lands you to Explorist despite the fact that you didn't travel last year?1?!?!?!

Feeling over-entitled much? A year with Marriott or Hilton will knock that out of you...
dpb132, UA-NYC, Maui4me1 and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:04 am

Let's try that again. You think it's "disgusting" that Hyatt soft lands you to Explorist despite the fact that you didn't travel last year?1?!?!?!

Feeling over-entitled much? A year with Marriott or Hilton will knock that out of you...
You are absolutely right. Disgusting is the wrong term. Disappointed is more fitting. ( I am not the 70 USD a Night diamond, living in germay our rates start at about 200)
Its not the soft-landing issue, it is the fact that a 10 year Diamond with a more than a fitting reason doesnt get an exemption.
Lufthansa does it for 2 years keep your senator. AND 2008 it wasnt a problem, while the financial crisis lasted and 2019 issues changed.
Loyality is a thing in both directions.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Loyality is a thing in both directions.
"Loyalty" is a misnomer. It's an economic relationship.

At least Hyatt soft-lands. Many programs don't even do that.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:48 am

"Loyalty" is a misnomer. It's an economic relationship.
And THAT is the Problem. if you own a private compay, would you treat your 10-year-best-customers like that ?
probably not.
If the next financial crisis comes then they suddenly chnage their mind?
Smart ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.