Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Luck getting TSU awards extended through calendar year?

Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Dia; MR Gold; SPG Plat; UA Plat; US Silver, *A G

Apologies if this is covered in another thread--I did a search and could not find anything. When I re-qualified for Globalist in August I did not realize that the TSUs would expire in August 2018 instead of December 2018 which is REALLY putting a damper in my holiday travel plans. Has anyone had success in getting WOH to extend the TSU expiration date? The stupid part is I have 4 TSU's expiring Feb 2018 and then 4 more that will expire August 2018. My wife is pregnant and will be unable to travel for the summer and we were hoping to use some of the TSUs for fall travel.

It seems to be that if the TSUs are a Glob benefit then they should be available for use during the entire time that the Glob has status. I am not asking for the TSU to get extended beyond my Globalist status at all. Should I PM Hyatt Concierge?

TIA.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:29 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
I agree that the usefulness of the certs are hampered greatly by this policy and it adds a strange incentive to not get to 60 nights until late in the year. I've seen chatter in the blogs about it before, but never heard of anyone getting an extension How to Fix Hyatt?s Confirmed Suite Upgrades - View from the Wing.

Report back if you are successful.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)

No dice here. Was able to talk to property and they worked out a few month hold (on track to requalify by mid feb) on a TSU suite. TSU to be consumed once available. YMMV
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Gary Leff and maybe other connecting bloggers do seem to have been given the impression that World of Hyatt are aware of the problem.

The problem for the OP is that he didn't get the Flyertalk memo on the subject - we've been moaning basically since March 2017 or earlier - and move his stays from night 59 onwards to another chain.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I have considered switching to Hyatt this year. Would easily make 60 nights/Globalist, but the expiration dates of these free nights kills Hyatt for me. There are times where I simply can't travel for leisure within such a short period.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.