Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What does the front desk see when one checks into a Hyatt?

Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold

My apologies if this has been discussed recently in the Hyatt forum, but I didn't find anything within the past few years with a search.

When checking into a Hyatt, does anyone know how much the front desk sees about us? I'm sure they see one's status in WoH, but do they also see prior or future stays, prior stays at that particular property, WoH points totals, notes from other hotels or corporate, etc.? Do we have rankings within WoH beyond the WoH tier levels? (In the past, I've heard about VIP codes, but I can't find that thread.)

I haven't had any problems nor have I submitted any complaints; I'm just curious how much we're being tracked and how much the average front desk staffer can see about us.

I know this has been a recurring topic over the years for hotels in general. There are one or two active threads here at FT in the other hotel forums, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows the latest re: Hyatt. Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure they see the prior three stays - at least, the names of the properties (not sure if they get more details than that).

I'm also curious about what else they see.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
My apologies if this has been discussed recently in the Hyatt forum, but I didn't find anything within the past few years with a search.

When checking into a Hyatt, does anyone know how much the front desk sees about us? I'm sure they see one's status in WoH, but do they also see prior or future stays, prior stays at that particular property, WoH points totals, notes from other hotels or corporate, etc.? Do we have rankings within WoH beyond the WoH tier levels? (In the past, I've heard about VIP codes, but I can't find that thread.)

I haven't had any problems nor have I submitted any complaints; I'm just curious how much we're being tracked and how much the average front desk staffer can see about us.

I know this has been a recurring topic over the years for hotels in general. There are one or two active threads here at FT in the other hotel forums, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows the latest re: Hyatt. Thanks.
Yeah, I wonder the same thing.

Here's a thread with a little info, though not much.

Is this a new Globalist perk?

Based on recent interactions, I don't think they have access to future stays but I think have some notion of your history with their property. I know properties can put in specific notes (a resort I frequent has my favorite room # on file) and there's some preferences that get tracked across hotels (at some point some Hyatt marked down I like coffee so now there's often comically large piles in my room).

I think the VIP code is the same for all globalists, with one above it for courtesy card holders. I don't think there's any differentiation within globalist - I've asked as much at properties where I know the staff, openly admitting to them I'm barely a globalist and their attitude seems to be a globalist is a globalist.

WOH point totals, probably not.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:09 pm

I have no idea how much data automatically populates in their system when a guest checks in, but I am quite sure they can see virtually everything about your account history if they look for it. They definitely can see how many points you have, as they have done so many times for me when I have asked to extend a stay using points.

I doubt properties can see profile data from other properties in great detail, because I haven’t seen any evidence that properties share that information re preferences, etc... Hyatt IT is not exactly industry leading, so I would be surprised if it were a very sophisticated system. They often get even basic things wrong.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Yeah, I wonder the same thing.

Here's a thread with a little info, though not much.

Is this a new Globalist perk?

Based on recent interactions, I don't think they have access to future stays but I think have some notion of your history with their property. I know properties can put in specific notes (a resort I frequent has my favorite room # on file) and there's some preferences that get tracked across hotels (at some point some Hyatt marked down I like coffee so now there's often comically large piles in my room).

I think the VIP code is the same for all globalists, with one above it for courtesy card holders. I don't think there's any differentiation within globalist - I've asked as much at properties where I know the staff, openly admitting to them I'm barely a globalist and their attitude seems to be a globalist is a globalist.

WOH point totals, probably not.
find this untrue. I definitely know the “fast track” globalists have a lower VIP code (at least in japan and in the us). As I had the opportunity to discuss this with a manager at PHT. CC is def broken out, but from what I was told was VIP code directly tied to spending outlook. It sounded like this changed slightly with WoH

Last edited by footastic; Jan 6, 2018 at 10:01 am
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would explain why some of us get upgraded significantly more often than others.

I almost never stay at HP/HH anymore, so my average cost per night (if that's part of the metric) must be going up, and I have gotten better upgrades recently.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
From the best I can tell, they can see everything. I was told they were able to read a note I wrote to a GM at a different property about a bad mattress just as an FYI - I did not ask for any compensation.

This was at least 4-5 years ago.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:27 am

Not sure about Hyatts, but MLife noted Hyatt status matches (when they matched to Plat) with a different VIP coding. Not sure if this lead to a lesser experience, but it certainly wouldn't have been a better one.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:02 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
From the best I can tell, they can see everything. I was told they were able to read a note I wrote to a GM at a different property about a bad mattress just as an FYI - I did not ask for any compensation.

This was at least 4-5 years ago.
It may be possible to "see everything", but I can't count the number of times I've been asked if it's my first time at a property when I've stayed there previously. I also question the accuracy of the data too, as I was recently "welcomed back" to a property I've never stayed at before. Oh well, I guess I should be thankful for the 2 apples we received as thanks for being a repeat guest.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Bumping this thread for a COVID related issue:

I'm going to be checked-in (but not physically staying) at a Hyatt property in the NYC area as a mattress run. I intend to check out remotely.

Several days after I check-out remotely we're heading up to Spruce Peak in Vermont, which has strict pre-arrival quarantine rules (7 days + neg test, 14 days otherwise). We're abiding by those prior to our stay, BUT if the front-desk sees that I just checked out from another property days before it *may* cause an issue.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Last edited by msg75; Feb 3, 2021 at 8:46 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.