Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
The hotel that was previously branded as an Element is NOT closed….it’s now association with Best Western and has left a Marriott.
But for the purposes of Flyertalk, it might as well be closed.

It was a pretty lousy Element, so it might have found its niche as a BW...
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
The hotel that was previously branded as an Element is NOT closed….it’s now association with Best Western and has left a Marriott.
As Element and Marriott hotel, it is closed.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
We stayed here on a last minute forced overnight layover a couple of weeks ago. We took the S-Bahn and it was very convenient (~2 minutes on the train if that). I agree with the poster above about the benefits of traveling in the first car and going up immediately - we were towards the back and took an alternate rear station exit which made the walk to the hotel longer. I would imagine from the correct exit it would have been an extremely short walk as it only took us about 4 minutes and I am pretty sure we doubled the journey. The walk was fairly isolated but in no way felt unsafe and my travel partner indicated she would not have felt unsafe solo; however the lack of people around at that time of night could always be a cause for caution.
aks120 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Jaenks
As Element and Marriott hotel, it is closed.
That is not what you stated in your first post...hence my clarification in case anyone was interested.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It was a pretty lousy Element, so it might have found its niche as a BW...
I don't disagree but it did provide an option to book a "suite" if one needed it at a reasonable rate and also wanted a Bonvoy stay.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
That is not what you stated in your first post...hence my clarification in case anyone was interested.
I stated that Element hotel as such is closed but whatever.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Great Hotel - I will definitely return!

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport

1 Review | 100% Recommended

, DE

Great Hotel - I will definitely return! (8 Photos)

Check In

Check in was friendly and fast. I was welcomed as an Explorist and made to feel quite welcome. I had booked an early check in which was grated without hesitation. I dont think my room had been upgraded as such (not many categories here)!

892B6907-A843-4B3C-9AB0-F8054D79A463.jpeg34481F99-FFE5-475F-AE41-963522050272.jpeg

Room

The room was a good size and very modern. It had everything you would need of a airport hotel room with plenty of plug sockets, a large TV and air conditioning could adjust - sort of!  The room was at a good temperature for me but it seemed you could only move the temp by 2 deg either side of 20 deg.

The bed was very comfy and the curtains blocked out most of the light. I never really heard the aircraft overhead and in fact the room was pretty quiet and I slept well.

The bathroom was really well laid out - with a walk in shower that was powerful. Great big fluffy towels and a good amount of room around the sink to put out all your bits and bobs! The hairdryer was also of a good standard thank goodness. The ameinities were quite the mix of products - not sure what happened there!9DA15631-5DAE-4FEC-9D1B-FA9ACA0EF970.jpegFF794D9E-1C2C-4D18-9639-9AFB2E50AE95.jpeg0F4A4D7B-B547-4B63-BAE8-D826758C8802.jpegE3AC32D6-59A8-4163-BB35-1DD3FBDA7188.jpegnities

Overall I was impressed with the room and I would certainly return.

Service

Service was friendly throughout and while the staff were all quite young and looked newish, they were keen to help even if it wasn't their department - restaurant lady came over to help in the bar for instance when she saw I was waiting.

Dining

The only downside for an airport hotel is the restaurant is not open in the afternoon - I was guided to an italian that would have been open but I decided against it. Looking on google there are a few places and a supermarket available close by. I would have though even the bar could have done some snacks in the afternoon to feed hungry travellers.

I had a couple of drinks in the bar and they had a nice selection. It also had a nice atmosphere to sit and watch the world go by. There was a snack wall to buy crisps, ice creams etc from whcih is good if you want to take stuff to your room. They were also happy for you to take drinks to your room - in fact I was asked when I first arrived whether I would be doing that.

65C9F4E3-F698-4187-9091-FD4641B3D13E.jpeg89C1E98C-9033-41D5-B4D6-E7A3E60E7A41.jpeg

The hotel is really easy to get to from Frankfurt airport. Just go to the regional train station (not the long distance one) which is connected to Terminal 1. Get the S8 or S9 train towards Frankfurt and the hotel is the next stop - all very easy even if they had cancelled all the S8 when I was travelling which meant it was pretty busy. 

When you arrive at Frankfurt Gateway Gardens go up the escalators where the front of the train would be and when you come out you will see signs for the hotel - it is a 1 min walk along a flat pavement - very very easy with luggage. Thanks to FT for that top tip which worked a treat!

Overall

Overall I really like this hotel - it was friendly, easy to get to and a reasonable price the night I was staying. A LOT less than the hotels attached to the terminal. I would definitely stay here again.

Great Hotel - I will definitely return!

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:03 am

Does this hotel have connecting rooms?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by r0m8470
Does this hotel have connecting rooms?
I don't think so. I booked 3 rooms and they were all next to each other, but there were no internal connecting doors.

One more update on the train from the airport. Take the S-8 or S-9 on track 1 at the airport train station. Ride one stop to Gateway Gardens. Exit up the escalators at the front of the train. Turn right to go up the second escalator. Follow Hyatt Place signs around the corner. It's very easy.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Originally Posted by PDXpress
I don't think so. I booked 3 rooms and they were all next to each other, but there were no internal connecting doors.

One more update on the train from the airport. Take the S-8 or S-9 on track 1 at the airport train station. Ride one stop to Gateway Gardens. Exit up the escalators at the front of the train. Turn right to go up the second escalator. Follow Hyatt Place signs around the corner. It's very easy.
how much does the train cost?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by cliburn
how much does the train cost?
EUR1.50 each way, although I seem to be the only passenger purchasing tickets during my time there.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 7:40 am

Another nice thing about this hotel: I have had no problem getting an extra bed/sofa bed put into the room at no cost. Management did not seem to mind 2 adults and 2 children in a standard room. (King/Twin ca. 30 m2) I'm a Globalist and maybe that helped but I think that generally they are used to this drill. I booked for 3 but called in advance and asked if 4 could be accommodated.

(Thinking back I'm trying to recall if the room came with a sofa bed or if an extra bed was added. I just can't remember.)

I found breakfast to be good -- certainly better than what I would get from a kiosk in the airport -- and the restaurant dinner we had on premises was also good.

I agree that this is a solid choice if one is transiting in FRA.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 3:18 pm

I'd mostly book on price. The Hampton is well-run IMO and Gold/Diamond will get a room comparable in size and quality to the HP. Breakfast is comparable as well.

The Hampton is a shorter walk to FRA T2, the HP a shorter walk to the metro station.

Honestly, I don't think the HP is in any way remarkable for its category. So again, I'd choose based on things like price and currently running promos.

Also, I don't recall there being any Globalist benefits during my stays. Done get me wrong, the HP is still a nice to have, especially with it being cat. 1. That can come in handy when prices at the T1 hotels (Hilton/HGI/Marriott/Sheraton) are inflated. But it's cookie cutter and totally unremarkable.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Recently stayed at the HP Frankfurt airport again during a short 1.5 day stopover. The hotel is a decent option for a short stay. Their breakfast buffet has a good selection of warm and cold offerings. Overall our short stay was comfortable, room was clean and it was easy to get around.

My previous stay was just after it had opened and there was no metro station but the hotel did have a shuttle. Now the shuttle is not offered but the S-bahn nearby is quite convenient for getting around.

As another person mentioned upthread, it’s a single stop from the airport to Gateway Gardens. You just need to purchase a short trip ticket which is under €2 one-way. The hotel is just a few feet from the exit of the metro station. If you are interested in exploring Frankfurt, there are regular S-bahn options to the main station and other stops and takes 15 mins or so.

During our stay, the ticket machine at the Gateway Gardens metro didn’t accept any Euro bills (just coins and cards) and there’s no other option to purchase tickets. There were a couple of folks who only had bills with them and were scrambling to figure out how to get their tickets, so something to be aware of.

There’s also a Rewe grocery store within a 5 min walk (next to the Moxy hotel) as well as some cafes and restaurants nearby.
vegasbased likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 9:32 am

Do the ticket machines take US credit cards?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:37 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by michael_v
Do the ticket machines take US credit cards?
If they take CCs US cards should be fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.