Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points expiring soon, question...

Old Jan 2, 18, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

My Hyatt points will be expiring in a couple of week and I am planning to transfer some Ultimate Rewards points to keep the account active.

However, some told me these tranferred points do not count as eligible activity but some says it does, so I am confused.

Can someone clarify that? Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 18, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lililolo View Post
My Hyatt points will be expiring in a couple of week and I am planning to transfer some Ultimate Rewards points to keep the account active.

However, some told me these tranferred points do not count as eligible activity but some says it does, so I am confused.

Can someone clarify that? Thanks.
Why not do a quick points transfer of a small amount of points and test it out? I don't know for sure but my hunch would be that depositing points into the account would count as activity and keep all of your older points active. Give it a go and report back.
Old Jan 4, 18, 10:12 am
Original Poster

I did a small transfer from Ultimate Reward points and it showed up in my Hyatt account under past activity as "point purchase/point earned". I will assume it will set the clock back for another 24 months but I could not find any info about the point expiration date in my account. Does anybody know how to locate that info?
Old Jan 4, 18, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I did a small transfer from Ultimate Reward points and it showed up in my Hyatt account under past activity as "point purchase/point earned". I will assume it will set the clock back for another 24 months but I could not find any info about the point expiration date in my account. Does anybody know how to locate that info?
Odd I can't seem to find the point expiration date on the Hyatt site. However, I have Award Wallet and it reports the expiration date and other info accurately. I would just call Hyatt or email them asking to confirm your points transfer reset the expiration date to 24 months. I read thru the Hyatt terms & conditions and it looks like you should be fine but maybe call them to get confirmation.

(a) Inactivity. Prior to July 1, 2017, Members whose accounts are inactive for twenty-four (24) consecutive months will have their membership terminated and all points in and awards or benefits associated with that Memberís account will be forfeited at that time. Starting July 1, 2017, if a Memberís account is inactive for twenty-four (24) consecutive months, all points in that Memberís account will be forfeited at that time, but the Memberís account will remain open (with the ability to earn new points thereafter) unless the Memberís account is otherwise terminated in accordance with these Terms. Under no circumstances will forfeited points be reinstated. Active Members can remain active in the Program by (i) receiving points via authorized means, (ii) receiving credits with a partner in the Program for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort, (iii) redeeming points (and, if applicable, completing any reservation for which such points were redeemed), (iv) gifting a Program award (in accordance with these Terms), (v) converting points to Partner Loyalty Points (as defined in Appendix B), (vi) purchasing or combining points, or (vii) having a valid Hyatt co-branded credit card (ďHyatt Credit CardĒ) associated with the Memberís Program account. If a Member redeems points for an Award Reservation (as defined in Appendix B) and either cancels that Award Reservation or does not actually check-in on the appointed date (i.e., no-shows), that Award Reservation will not count as a redemption of points pursuant to subsection (iii) of the preceding sentence and will not toll the measurement of that Memberís Program inactivity.
Old Jan 27, 18, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I'm in the same boat -- were you able to confirm with Hyatt if the transfer from Ultimate Rewards was sufficient?
Old Jan 27, 18, 8:49 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Does anybody know how to locate that info?
Why did you start a thread about your points expiring when you don't know where to look?

WOH is where you should call.
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Jan 29, 18, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by jeebus View Post
I'm in the same boat -- were you able to confirm with Hyatt if the transfer from Ultimate Rewards was sufficient?
Wondering the same myself, do we have any positive data points?

Reading through older FT threads, it suggested to not have extended the expiration date, but that a phone call with customer service was needed to bring about a 12 month extension...
Old Jan 30, 18, 3:08 am

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Wonder if you may transfer/give the points to another member and...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: