Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
And we were told that after the first year of qualifying with 60 nights, subsequent years would require only 55 nights for the same benefits.
The same Globalist benefits. 60 night award isn't a Globalist benefit. It is a 60 night benefit
joe_miami likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hyatt IT Strikes Again!

This was a January 1 check-in, January 3 departure.

Doesn't really matter to me, not chasing Hyatt status, but still . . . .
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Right, but it only says that if you're a *60-night* Globalist.
Please direct us to that language in the current T&C.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't need to look at the T&C; I looked at my Hyatt account, where the tracker says I need 60 nights to re-qualify.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:59 pm

I don't need to look at the T&C; I looked at my Hyatt account, where the tracker says I need 60 nights to re-qualify.
Oh you mean you didn't qualify with 60 nights? You're a Chase card 20 night pseudo-qualifier?

Mary2e did qualify with 60, so her statement is 100% correct.

Last edited by Kacee; Jan 4, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
(i) Earn a Free Night Award – Category 1-7 Hyatt Hotel or Resort: Upon completing sixty (60) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earning one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points in a Calendar Year, Member will be provided with one (1) standard-room Free Night Award redeemable at a category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (“Category 1-7 Free Night Award”).
Free Night Award is not provided as a benefit of Globalist status
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

did it? It is supposedly to start on Jan 1, 2018.
Yep. Obviously I didn't care much one way or the other, but it was very curious.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.

This was a January 1 check-in, January 3 departure.

Doesn't really matter to me, not chasing Hyatt status, but still . . . .
It says you checked in December 31st, not Jan 1 ????

It seems that the verdict is that stays starting in 2017 but ending in 2018 aren't under the 'new rules'.

And, as for the who "deserves" globalist status - the debate and hard feelings rages on! I think Hyatt was probably smart on this -- why should have they continued to give arguably the best benefits in the industry with the lowest qualifications? People are mad because they can't simply go over to another program, put in 25 nights and get an equivalent basket of benefits handed to them. At least with the 20-night globalists like me, we don't get the up to 28 nights of TSUs (arguably the -best- benefit in any program) among other benefits and still have to do a full 60 nights to requalify. (and 20 nights in 4 months wasn't really "easy" and most people that qualified that way most likely didn't have 0 nights going into September --,. I ended 2017 with 39 nights still which is probably more than most of the 25 stay diamonds were doing anyways).

As for the 55 night, I would bet Hyatt gives full TSU and cat1-7 benefits. The T/Cs are ambiguous (as they are in ALL programs), but it seems -more likely than not- to me that the 60 night 'package' of benefits is that it becomes a 55 night 'package' of benefits. But I guess we really don't know until someone hits it. I would guess by the end of March, some road warrior will let us know.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm pretty sure they said you will get the Upgrades once you qualify, not 60 nights for existing Globalist.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Oh you mean you didn't qualify with 60 nights? You're a Chase card 20 night pseudo-qualifier?

Mary2e did qualify with 60, so her statement is 100% correct.
LOL. She said if you're "Globalist for 2018 ...," not if you're a "60-night Globalist for 2018 ..."

The fact that we're distinguishing between 60-night Globalists and "pseudo-qualifier" Globalists only proves my point further.

(And FWIW, I stayed ~52 nights last year and have stayed over a thousand with Hyatt in the past decade or so, so I'm not losing any sleep over being seen as a lowly "pseudo-qualifier" by some FTers this year.)

I'm pretty sure they said you will get the Upgrades once you qualify, not 60 nights for existing Globalist.
So sometimes it's connected to the nights threshold, and sometimes it's connected to the status. Truly bizarre way to structure a rewards program.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
LOL. She said if you're "Globalist for 2018 ...," not if you're a "60-night Globalist for 2018 ..."
The fact that we're distinguishing between 60-night Globalists and "pseudo-qualifier" Globalists only proves my point further.
So sometimes it's connected to the nights threshold, and sometimes it's connected to the status. Truly bizarre way to structure a rewards program.
IF this was a brand new loyalty program, or if this was an additional benefit over-and-above globalist perk (like SPG 100 ambassador) then it would have been more easily understood. As it is, for someone used to Diamond/HGP, it certainly can be confusing since previously everything was tied solely to status, regardless of method of obtaining.

However, once you have understood that some things are "Globalist" benefits and other things are "60 night" benefits, then it's pretty clear. And whether you requalify at 55 nights, or get a promo to qualify at 20 nights, or you have a corporate status matching program to get Globalist doesn't matter. Globalist status itself gives some benefits. Staying 60 nights gives some benefits. Each have their own set of requirements.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jameswes
However, once you have understood that some things are "Globalist" benefits and other things are "60 night" benefits, then it's pretty clear. And whether you requalify at 55 nights, or get a promo to qualify at 20 nights, or you have a corporate status matching program to get Globalist doesn't matter. Globalist status itself gives some benefits. Staying 60 nights gives some benefits. Each have their own set of requirements.
Right, but it's very strange to refer to something as a "60-night benefit" if it can be attained at 55 nights.

"It requires 60 nights, unless you stayed 60 nights last year, in which case it requires 55 nights. But if you stay 54 nights this year, then it will require 60 nights again, until the year after that, when it will only require 55 nights (again), despite the fact it's referred to as a '60-night' benefit in most of our literature."
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Right, but it's very strange to refer to something as a "60-night benefit" if it can be attained at 55 nights.

"It requires 60 nights, unless you stayed 60 nights last year, in which case it requires 55 nights. But if you stay 54 nights this year, then it will require 60 nights again, until the year after that, when it will only require 55 nights (again), despite the fact it's referred to as a '60-night' benefit in most of our literature."
It doesn't say anywhere that you get the "60 night benefits" at 55 nights. It says you "Maintain Globalist status after 55 qualifying nights each subsequent year".
So as far as I can tell, whether you were a 20 night globalist in 2017 or a 60 night globalist in 2017, or no status in 2017 - TSU and free night awards are 60 night rewards.

Maybe I'll be surprised when a road warrior hits 55 nights in late February/early March and the TSU and free night post before 60 nights. But as far as I can tell, if you want 4 TSU and/or the free night award, you have to stay 60 nights (or get 100K base points, or be lifetime globalist).
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite

I agree! It should be if you make Globalist, you get the cert at 55 nights and the Upgrades. If it's your first year making Globalist, it should be 60 for both. They took away the Diamond Amenity, and this was technically supposed to be the reward of the 1K points going away.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jameswes
IF this was a brand new loyalty program, or if this was an additional benefit over-and-above globalist perk (like SPG 100 ambassador) then it would have been more easily understood. As it is, for someone used to Diamond/HGP, it certainly can be confusing since previously everything was tied solely to status, regardless of method of obtaining.

A free night at 60 is not even a new concept. We've long had "Stay X nights, get a free night". This is just like FFN, except instead of stay 2 nights and get one free, it's stay 60 nights and get one free. BTW another data point in comparing GP and WOH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.