Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by antonius66
Everything I have been told including from my PL rep who researched it prior to replying, is that 55 night requals WILL get dsu.
The reps are not good sources unfortunately. Every reading of the rules I see show TSUs as a benefit based on number of stays, not status.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
According to Gary Leff's article, any free night certs issued in 2017 will not apply to the new policy. Only new certs issued from 1/1/2018 will earn elite stay credit. Sadly.
I highly doubt this. For one, I don't see Hyatt tech being able to credit award nights but somehow being able to distinguish between awards earned in 17 and used in 18 and awards earned and used in 18.
bbbb likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
According to Gary Leff's article, any free night certs issued in 2017 will not apply to the new policy. Only new certs issued from 1/1/2018 will earn elite stay credit. Sadly.
I would think the elite stay credit change is controlled by the terms at the time of redemption and not when it's deposited into your account. I hope Gary is wrong on this one.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:20 pm

I guess we will probably see an enhanced (read: increased) award chart in 2018 now.

Ripple effects.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan

The reps are not good sources unfortunately. Every reading of the rules I see show TSUs as a benefit based on number of stays, not status.
Not sure what you are reading.

Specifically under Globalist status...

(h) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards:

1. Receiving Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards. 1. Receiving Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards. Upon achieving (or re-achieving) Globalist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirements detailed above, a Member will receive four (4) complimentary Room Upgrade Awards for suite accommodations (“Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards”). For Members who have received Globalist status for a multi-year term, additional Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Globalist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards uplon launch of the Program on March 1, 2017.

and under qualifying...

(a) Requirements To Earn Globalist Status

After launch of the Program on March 1, 2017, a Member who qualifies for Globalist status by satisfying the minimum Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual standards set forth above may re-qualify for Globalist status for the following year by either recording a minimum of fifty-five (55) Tier-Qualifying Nights or by earning one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points during the current Calendar Year.

Pretty clear to me.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Well, I’m happy to be proven wrong!
antonius66 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Will make p+c at cat 7 even less desireable.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by skaya
Will make p+c at cat 7 even less desireable.
it was never desirable to begin with
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
This is positive, thanks for posting it. I hope it does not come with a massive devaluation on its heels.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Now the need to extend TSU to expire end of status year.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by 1fan
Now the need to extend TSU to expire end of status year.
I'm fine with end of calendar year
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:30 pm

Under the new rule, a qualifying stay is any stay that's booked directly via the hyatt account, so i doubt their IT department would specifically build an extra layer of algorithm to distinguish new and old certificates. The number of old certificates most people have is too negligible to be bothered with.

Last edited by walkingingotham; Dec 28, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
i used up 250/350k points this year but could be convinced to try and requalify and transfer some more UR over to hyatt because of this change. I have SPG plat 75 and split the rest of my stays between marriott ihg and hilton (almost requalified for diamond on stays) but could shift from the others to requalify for hyatt if i went to vegas a little more...
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
I'll wait for the next Q4 Promo and not shift unnecessary nights to Hyatt. But good job Hyatt after a massive slew of devaluations.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Can we still use our points to book for family members?

Previously we can use our points to book for our family member ( or any one we want to), and they get to enjoy our globalist benefits....

Can we still do this and let our relatives or friends earning nights for us?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.