Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by walkingingotham
Under the new rule, a qualifying stay is any stay that's booked directly via the hyatt account, so i doubt their IT department would specifically build an extra layer of algorithm to distinguish new and old certificates. The number of old certificates most people have is too negligible to be bothered with.
There is an expiration date on each free night certificate. Doubt whether they would go through the trouble of changing the dates on the old ones, not sure why it would need an extra layer to read the expiration date. They just need to change the algorithm for expiration dates on new certificates eff jan 1.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
The VFTW piece indicates that stays booked only via points will "count". But the Hyatt website posting does not specifically address stays booked only via points. If I use 5,000 points on a Hyatt Place in 2018 does that count as a "stay" in 2018?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Cat 1 does seem like a sweet spot.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Will this also apply to things like credit card award nights?

My dream is that they allow TSUs and Club upgrade certs on these.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
This is what Hyatt sent to the bloggers:
  • Starting January 1, 2018, all nights on free night awards will count toward tier status. You can now earn elite status and additional benefits faster.
  • We’re extending the validity dates for the following free night awards. Starting with those issued January 1, 2018, you can use them up to 180 days for issuance.
    • Free night in Cat 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort when you stay 30 qualifying nights or earn 50,000 Base Points in a calendar year
    • Free night in Cat 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort when you stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Why was this sent to bloggers and not members?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
One of my family members received the following email from Hyatt last night. I did not receive the email

Last edited by martyYYZ; Dec 29, 2017 at 7:59 am
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cascade
The people at WoH only seem to care about trying to keep the bloggers from trashing WoH too much.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Very good news indeed! I believe that Amy Weinberg is beginning to apply her touch to WoH, and it appears to be good so far.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Glad to see a positive enhancement to WoH program. ^ No notification from WoH though.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
One of my family members received the following email from Hyatt last night. I did not receive the email
I haven't received an email yet either. But, seriously, emails always seem to come a day late, I would wager that later today, but by at least tomorrow, all of us that have opted into WoH emails will get something in our in-boxes. Sometimes, some of us need to be less dramatic about these things.

One of the changes I can see in my travel patterns is mattress running on pts at a cat 1 -- when I go to Tulsa for an event (about 10 times a year, mostly for tulsa symphony concerts), I usually drive the long hour home, but it is tempting to opt to grab a night credit, burn 5K points, get free parking because it is an 'award night', and eat a free breakfast at the HR Tulsa.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by cascade
it was sent to this member.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Definitely this solves one of the most important changes that needs to occur (elite qualifying nights), and improves (but does not solve completely) the short-expiration.

Will it make me stay at Hyatt more?? Not really (since I am already fully vested in the next year at least), but it does make it less likely that in the future that I will find greener pastures elsewhere. I does make it more likely that I will use all-pts for some of my stays.

Right now, I am on a 5 night stay with 2 reservations merged -- 1 free cat1-4 night followed by 4 paid nights -- Checkout is Jan 1. I have no idea how this will be processed. !
Last year started stay in 2016 and finished in 2017 and all nights posted to 2017 !!! That was at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point

Good luck.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Last year started stay in 2016 and finished in 2017 and all nights posted to 2017 !!! That was at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point

Good luck.
That is WRONG! The date of checkout is and has always been what cpints for stays promotions etc.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:14 pm

So does a transfer of UR into hyatt count toward the 50k/100k bonuses?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.