Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by jameswes
IF this was a brand new loyalty program, or if this was an additional benefit over-and-above globalist perk (like SPG 100 ambassador) then it would have been more easily understood. As it is, for someone used to Diamond/HGP, it certainly can be confusing since previously everything was tied solely to status, regardless of method of obtaining.

However, once you have understood that some things are "Globalist" benefits and other things are "60 night" benefits, then it's pretty clear. And whether you requalify at 55 nights, or get a promo to qualify at 20 nights, or you have a corporate status matching program to get Globalist doesn't matter. Globalist status itself gives some benefits. Staying 60 nights gives some benefits. Each have their own set of requirements.
i think you guys are really overthinking this. You don't have to be so technical. It doesn't make sense to give a shortcut that small if you won't be getting full benefits. I know it doesn't mean much but I confirmed with several reps that we will get the free night and TSUs once we got 55 nights, provided that we hit 60 the year before
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
It doesn't say anywhere that you get the "60 night benefits" at 55 nights. It says you "Maintain Globalist status after 55 qualifying nights each subsequent year".
So as far as I can tell, whether you were a 20 night globalist in 2017 or a 60 night globalist in 2017, or no status in 2017 - TSU and free night awards are 60 night rewards.
They're only 60-night awards in Year 1. In Year 2, they're 55-night awards for people who get them based on 55-night renewed Globalist status rather than from the nights-based tiers on which those benefits are normally based.

Maybe I'll be surprised when a road warrior hits 55 nights in late February/early March and the TSU and free night post before 60 nights. But as far as I can tell, if you want 4 TSU and/or the free night award, you have to stay 60 nights (or get 100K base points, or be lifetime globalist).
That's not what's being claimed by others here.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:39 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
My stay at Park Hyatt Milan just posted, checking in on 2 Jan and departing on 4 Jan. 2 separate reservations, one night was P+C and the other was the Cat 1-7 night all Diamonds got last March. My account shows 1 night credited ... I'll call next week.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skj
My stay at Park Hyatt Milan just posted, checking in on 2 Jan and departing on 4 Jan. 2 separate reservations, one night was P+C and the other was the Cat 1-7 night all Diamonds got last March. My account shows 1 night credited ... I'll call next week.
AFAIK, that's right. I think that it's the points-based nights that count, but not the nights from these types of awards.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by skj
I had a stay at Hyatt Ziva on all points checking in on Jan 2nd and checking out on Jan 3rd. I got the points (misc spend) but they didn't award me the elite qualifying stay or night. I'll call after 72 hours from checkout.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:28 pm

It includes free night awards... the email from Hyatt specifies as much. Hyatt IT not working correctly on this new benefit is the more obvious reason.
BTA likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
It includes free night awards... the email from Hyatt specifies as much. Hyatt IT not working correctly on this new benefit is the more obvious reason.
OK - then I'm in the same boat. Used a free night award a few days ago. Got all of the survey and thanks emails, but no night credit yet.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by josephstern
OK - then I'm in the same boat. Used a free night award a few days ago. Got all of the survey and thanks emails, but no night credit yet.
so call them
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
My experience maybe helpful for some:

I recently had a 8-night stay (on points) that started in 2017, but ended in 2018. When i checked out, I noticed that my stay wasn't properly credited in my account (0 eligible nights). However, a quick call to Hyatt fixed it. CSR acknowledged the mix up and credited the 8 nights on the spot.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I just spent a night on a one night award for visiting 5 brands that I earned mid 2017. It has posted as 1 qualifying night.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Award night using the 30 night cat 1-4 cert at PH Saigon has posted: 1 night, 0 pts.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Do people think an award stay will now trigger a brand visit? For example, have a points stay coming up at Andaz, where I have stayed before many times but only on points. Now that this counts as a night credit, will the brand be marked as visited?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by TommyboyCAN
Do people think an award stay will now trigger a brand visit? For example, have a points stay coming up at Andaz, where I have stayed before many times but only on points. Now that this counts as a night credit, will the brand be marked as visited?
If no one responds with hands on experience prior to your stay please come back and let us know.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by TommyboyCAN

Yep, my stay on points (at Andaz) triggered a brand visit.
TommyboyCAN likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:30 pm

Timeshare stays?

Do stays booked via Hyatt Residence Club (timeshare) also count towards elite status? I own a two-bedroom residence week at Hyatt Piņon Pointe and it would be nice if it counted.

Other hotel loyalty programs differ how they count timeshare stays. For example, Marriott does count all nights, plus you get points for incidentals charged to the room. SPG gives points for incidentals, but timeshare nights do not count. Hilton considers timeshare stays to be non-qualifying, and does not even credit points for incidentals.

Where does Hyatt stand in regards to timeshare stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.