Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

NEW: minimum 48 hour cancellation policy as of Jan 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: minimum 48 hour cancellation policy as of Jan 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I know Globalists (and other WoH elites?) can cancel at 24 hours when the hotel's policy is 48 hours, but what about when the hotel's policy is 72 hours? Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I know Globalists (and other WoH elites?) can cancel at 24 hours when the hotel's policy is 48 hours, but what about when the hotel's policy is 72 hours? Thanks.
72 hours is more than 48 hours.

No 24-hour cancellation.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JackE
72 hours is more than 48 hours.

No 24-hour cancellation.
I figured that much, but is there any Globalist benefit at all — e.g., 48-hour cancellation? Are 72-hour hotels generally strict about the 72 hours, even for Globalists?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:36 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I figured that much, but is there any Globalist benefit at all — e.g., 48-hour cancellation? Are 72-hour hotels generally strict about the 72 hours, even for Globalists?
I'm not aware of any stated benefit here. As far as how strict is a property, I think that's going to vary a lot, depending on which property, your history with them (if any), and probably many other things. I think there has been just a couple of times when I've cancelled inside of the cancellation window, and I found the properties very accommodating "just this one time". I'd expect less accommodation though when I see a non-standard cancellation policy, such as 72 hours or more. One hack that I've seen reported (but I haven't tried) is to first change your stay dates to something outside the 72 hour window, and then you can freely cancel the stay. Maybe others can chime in if this really works or not.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:20 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I think the statement below is pretty clear. But I'd try contacting the hotel directly, or your MHC

Originally Posted by 59Impala
For Explorists and Globalists, a 24 hour cancellation is offered (if hotel applies the standard 48h).
It will also not apply when a hotel’s cancellation policy exceeds 48 hours.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the replies. Don't ever recall seeing a 72-hour policy until some bookings this week; haven't had to deal with it before.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:41 pm

I had to cancel a reservation at the Centric Mag Mile earlier this year within the 72 hour window, and the property was fine with it (granted, I ended up coming anyways, just a few days later). WoH central ended up cancelling it and my cancellation notice had this at the bottom: "CANCELLATION POLICY: WAIVE CXL PER STATUS AND FD/CMJ/GCS", which leads me to believe there's some flexibility given to Globalists, as long as you don't abuse it.
59Impala and joe_miami like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
It's a new year... just double-checking that, on a standard 48-hour window, Globalists can still cancel up to 24 hours? If yes, best to call in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.