Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sharing points..Guest of Honor

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Sharing points..Guest of Honor

Has anyone had experience sharing points? I filled out the PDF to transfer points to my wife so she could book an award and grant me her Globalist "GUEST of HONOR" Twitter WOH support said it could take 30-days. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Are there data points for getting suite upgrades (not confirmed but upon arrival) as GUEST of HONOR

​​​​​​​THanks!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
Has anyone had experience sharing points? I filled out the PDF to transfer points to my wife so she could book an award and grant me her Globalist "GUEST of HONOR" Twitter WOH support said it could take 30-days. ​​​​​​​

Are there data points for getting suite upgrades (not confirmed but upon arrival) as GUEST of HONOR

​​​​​​​THanks!
Points can take some time to transfer. Usually seems to be 10-14 days. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower.

Suite upgrades should work the same for GOH, but just as when Globalist books directly for themselves, I've found this highly variable per property.

Case in point - I did a GOH booking for my brother at GH San Antonio last month, and they pre-blocked him into a suite prior to arrival without any such request (updated reservation via email and everything). On the other hand, I made one for my mom at HR Houston last weekend, and I had to call ahead of time to confirm they would bump her up (plenty of suites available) and the front desk had to get "manager approval."

Whenever I make a GOH booking, I usually call day before / day of and verify (a) the Guest of Honor bit was flipped in the reservation and (b) the property knows what that means.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Points can take some time to transfer. Usually seems to be 10-14 days. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower.

Suite upgrades should work the same for GOH, but just as when Globalist books directly for themselves, I've found this highly variable per property.

Case in point - I did a GOH booking for my brother at GH San Antonio last month, and they pre-blocked him into a suite prior to arrival without any such request (updated reservation via email and everything). On the other hand, I made one for my mom at HR Houston last weekend, and I had to call ahead of time to confirm they would bump her up (plenty of suites available) and the front desk had to get "manager approval."

Whenever I make a GOH booking, I usually call day before / day of and verify (a) the Guest of Honor bit was flipped in the reservation and (b) the property knows what that means.
Thank you! My fingers are crossed for a bump at PH Saigon and GH Bali.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.