Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade on a Points Stay?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Upgrade on a Points Stay?

I am thinking of booking a stay at the Hyatt Maui using WOH points.

Would I be able to upgrade my stay using additional points (Would it be 6000 points more/night) or cash?

Can I confirm this by calling now or must I wait until arrival?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I don't think it will work.

Upgrades at resorts are based upon the room type reserved and paid for. Generally, it's partial ocean view or better if you're going to use the 6k points per night.

You might be able to do it for $$$ by contacting the hotel directly and asking what the rate would be for an upgrade. But particularly in Maui, it's going to be tough.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not under WoH rules. "In order to redeem a Suite Upgrade Award at a Hyatt resort, a Member must pay the Standard Rate for a minimum of a deluxe room (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, Dreamcatcher or Sunrise room, etc.)."

They may be willing to deal though. Note that this property usually offers Club rooms on points for 27K per night.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Not under WoH rules. "In order to redeem a Suite Upgrade Award at a Hyatt resort, a Member must pay the Standard Rate for a minimum of a deluxe room (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, Dreamcatcher or Sunrise room, etc.)."

They may be willing to deal though. Note that this property usually offers Club rooms on points for 27K per night.
That's exactly what I was going to book. The Club room, Partial Ocean view for 27,000 points. I was just hoping to get a suite (along with the Club) for some more points.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:04 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by milemonkey
That's exactly what I was going to book. The Club room, Partial Ocean view for 27,000 points. I was just hoping to get a suite (along with the Club) for some more points.
According to the WoH award chart, a suite should be 32K points per night at the HR Maui. The trick will be finding availability ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.