Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

55 night Globalist qualifying for 2018

55 night Globalist qualifying for 2018

Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
In any case, If there are new Globalists who can confirm how it actually works that would be good. The ........ about such a rule is that it would leave the Globalist during an important period (Christmas / New Years) the following year without any DSU's and that SUCKS big time.
Yes, that is correct. And, yes, that is correct.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:23 am

I requalified in May and have TSUs that expire in May next year as well as the 4 that ex-diamonds got expiring in Feb next year. Actually, I requalified in Feb with 25 stays too but Hyatt didn't seem to notice that. At the moment I am a little disadvanted in that I couldn't try and use a TSU for July 2018, however someone who qualified after me, in, say August this year, would be able to book. I don't think qualifying later should come with any advantages over someone who qualifies earlier.

Anyway, I'll have lifetime status in a few weeks so I don't suppose it will bother me after that.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No, it's the time of achieving it. If I stay 60 nights in Jan, Feb and March of 2018, I achieve Globalist status for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019. And I will at that point in time (not four months later, at the end of the year, or in Feb of 2019) receive four TSUs. These will then be valid for 12 months.
Exactly. Just like the T&Cs say. [Yes, this is based on personal experience.]
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
If the question is whether 55 nights in 2017 will requalify you for 2018, the answer is no.
Originally Posted by bknets88
the 55 nights are for next year. Everyone needs 60 this year. If you get 60 this year, then next year you only need 55
I found the announcement of the new program to be exceedingly confusing, believing that I only needed 55 nights between 1-Jan-17 and 31-Dec-17 because I was already Globalist. My read of the program announcement had been that a non-Diamond in 2016 would need 60, and those of us that were Diamond and were converted to Globalist would need only 55. We now all know my read was wrong, and I think the language used in the communication was deceptive.

In several communications with Hyatt, I was told that if someone re-qualified as Diamond (under the old program, before the new rules) in the period 1-Jan-17 through 28-Feb-17, then that someone would become Globalist for 2017 and could re-qualify for Globalist with only 55 nights in 2017 for the program year 2018. Ostensibly, if this person had qualified with 50 nights exactly before 28-Feb-17, then s/he would only need 5 additional nights after 28-Feb-17 to qualify for Globalist in 2018. So based on what Hyatt told me, there are some people that can re-qualify for 2018 Globalist with only 55 nights in 2017.

Can someone explain "Globalist Lite?" Is this a term we're using for getting the non-cert benefits of Globalist (breakfast, club, etc.) but not the certificate-based benefits (TSU, free nights, etc.)?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
Can someone explain "Globalist Lite?" Is this a term we're using for getting the non-cert benefits of Globalist (breakfast, club, etc.) but not the certificate-based benefits (TSU, free nights, etc.)?
Yes, this is the term for someone who has the status of globalist (from the 20 night promo, or whatever), but hasn't gotten the "60 night benefits" (such as TSU, free night, concierge).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
I found the announcement of the new program to be exceedingly confusing
I'm sure you're not the only one. First Hyatt made the rules themselves unduly complicated, then they failed to communicate the rules in a clear fashion. And now they've been implementing them haphazardly (see reports upthread of requals with less than 60 nights). A fail in every possible respect.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Just as a data point(s)

qualified on points in April (got TSU)

hit lifetime on points last month emailed and got no cat7/TSU (no tsu)

hit 60 nights (got another 4 TSU but no cat7??) asked PL agent if this is right or not as I suspect this is a IT fault.

think the system is wonky and inconsistent. I would assume based on T&C that everyone needs 60 nights / 100k to qualify (side from 20 night glob lite). If you qualified on 55 nights and Hyatt ops to pull it I think you may be SOL. Wouldn’t shock me if they manually are reviewing / extending glob based on the results in this thread.

Good luck getting an answer from hyatt.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Now that we are more than 3 months in 2018, do we have any data on the question raised by OP?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by walterD
Now that we are more than 3 months in 2018, do we have any data on the question raised by OP?
Year 2 Globalists - TSUs at 55 or 60 nights?

There's a thread, complete with input from World of Hyatt.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm.

Just got a status update email from Hyatt.

And yet, I was pretty sure that the denominator should have been 55.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
Hmm.

Just got a status update email from Hyatt.

And yet, I was pretty sure that the denominator should have been 55.
Ignore the email and log in to your account. Mine clearly says 43/55 nights for requalification.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.