Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

No credit for the 3rd night on “Every 3rd consecutive night free offer”?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam

Just checked out of a 7 nights stay at Andaz Mayakoba. Used the “Every 3rd consecutive night free”.
Got credited today for 5 nights instead of 7!

Rules are clear:

(a) Tier-Qualifying Nights. A Member may earn elite status based on the number of nights the Member (i) stays at a
Hyatt hotel or resort or an M life Resort; (ii) pays an Eligible Rate; and (iii) associates his or her valid Program membership number with the reservation (either at the time of reservation or check-in or by requesting retroactive credit for the night in accordance with Hyatt’s procedures) during the applicable measuring period (each a “Tier-Qualifying Night”)

It is an eligible rate and nowhere in the rate description a comment is made that the 3rd nigths would be ineligible!
I do not need the nights as I will reach anyway the 60 nights threshold next week. But as a matter of principle I will make a claim for the 2 missing nights which I believe should have been credited.

Did some of you experienced the same?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:00 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
I have never booked these offers, exactly because free nights never count towards tier credit. You have to actually PAY for the night, be it points+cash or another paid night. You are paying an eligible rate for the 2 nights. The 3rd night is free (as the offer states), hence no credit. That is unfortunately according to the T&C.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The rate is zero for the free nights. So not an Eligible Rate and no status credit... The way Hyatt show it pre-booking is highly misleading.

This has happened to me as well. Chased credit and was denied.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:16 pm

Why anyone would ever book those rages odds beyond me. They don't give credit for the free night, and they are almost always as much of not MORE per night than regular nights. I have very rarely found those rates to be even a half decent deal.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:22 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Last year I planned my stays to end up at exactly 25 nights during the juicy promo to get 75k points during the promo period (where the 25th night was bringing the bonus up from 50k to 75k). Then I had a stay towards the end of the promo period which included a "free" night so I finished the period with 24 nights and it was too late to book another stay to get the last bonus of 25k pts. I complained that it was very misleading and that if I had known, I would have easily reached the 25 nights since I planned specifically for it. They did not give me the extra night credit, but they were kind enough to give me the bonus anyway.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:13 pm

I just booked the hyvisa promo for the hyatt in Phuket and received credit for all 3 nights. It also got the rate down from 4500 baht per night to 3334 per night. On my booking confermation it showed 2 nights for 5000 baht each and one as 0. Great stay and was given breakfast in the resturant for globalist.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Glenlivet
Just checked out of a 7 nights stay at Andaz Mayakoba. Used the “Every 3rd consecutive night free”.
Got credited today for 5 nights instead of 7!.....
That has always been the way for Hyatt. Every third night has zero rate and not eligible. Check your folio and you will see that. I booked a few Sunshine On Sales rates and they have always posted that way. Yeah, mistake happens but you cannot count on it.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:58 pm

2nd or 3rd Night with Discount

On a similar topic, does anyone know if Hyatt counts 2nd/3rd night with 35% or 50% off (as opposed to free night) as a qualifying-tier night? Sometimes Hyatt has "third night more" with a discounted rate as opposed to free nights. Thanks for any insight/experience that anyone is willing to share. Happy holidays!!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ghzhammer
I just booked the hyvisa promo for the hyatt in Phuket and received credit for all 3 nights. It also got the rate down from 4500 baht per night to 3334 per night. On my booking confermation it showed 2 nights for 5000 baht each and one as 0. Great stay and was given breakfast in the resturant for globalist.
which promo, the Hyatt place promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.