Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by footastic
Sounds like you didn't register - just completed a few stays book pre-promo and got double points.

IF you did register reach out to Hyatt on Twitter or via PL.
Thanks...I just called and they verified I am registered. The problem was that they were booked online and then modified (used suite upgrades) so they weren't showing up in the promo pool...they took care of it and credited me the additional ~25K Points :-)
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Thanks...I just called and they verified I am registered. The problem was that they were booked online and then modified (used suite upgrades) so they weren't showing up in the promo pool...they took care of it and credited me the additional ~25K Points :-)
My last stay posted immediately with double points, in spite of a TSU applied. Maybe they changed the IT system to catch this glitch
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
My last stay posted immediately with double points, in spite of a TSU applied. Maybe they changed the IT system to catch this glitch
I spoke, or posted too soon...I was on hold while they credited my account when I posted this. After holding for over 30 minutes, they hung up.

I called back, they said they needed a manager (above a supervisor) because of the amount of points. They "transferred me" and left me on hold on my cell phone for an hour and 7 minutes before hanging up again...I called while I was on hold from a land line and explained what was happening...they went thru the same process, took another 30 minutes and determined it would take about a week for the points to post! Absolutely ridiculous! The reps were all friendly and the last one credited my account 1000 points for all the issues.

This is beyond ridiculous.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by 59Impala
My recent stay also posted with double points despite a TSU applied. However additional in house spend didn't post at all so perhaps IT fixed one thing at the expense of another.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Did not have a single stay after 2/28/2017 when I re-qualified through stats... promo just not as attractive as other promos...
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just hung up with Hyatt AGAIN. First call they put me on hold for 17 minutes and then hung up on me...for the 3rd time in a week! ugh
Next call lasted about 8 minutes with the rep coming back to me to tell me that the stay I just completed had to be BOOKED and completed after Nov. 15th.
Anyone else have that experience? Pretty sure you just had to book thru the website or the app and STAY after Nov. 15??!?!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
No, that's nonsense. You had to have booked online via Hyatt and you had to have registered by the deadline, but there was nothing about *booking* after Nov. 15.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
No, that's nonsense. You had to have booked online via Hyatt and you had to have registered by the deadline, but there was nothing about *booking* after Nov. 15.
That's what I thought...I will call back for literally the 5th or 6th time now on this subject...hope they don't hang up on me AGAIN! while I'm on "hold"...
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:37 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Just hung up with Hyatt AGAIN. First call they put me on hold for 17 minutes and then hung up on me...for the 3rd time in a week! ugh
Next call lasted about 8 minutes with the rep coming back to me to tell me that the stay I just completed had to be BOOKED and completed after Nov. 15th.
Anyone else have that experience? Pretty sure you just had to book thru the website or the app and STAY after Nov. 15??!?!
that is incorrect information. I booked my stay sometime in spring and I received the double points.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:14 pm

anyone not get 2x points on certain stays and been told to wait 8 weeks?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
That's what I thought...I will call back for literally the 5th or 6th time now on this subject...hope they don't hang up on me AGAIN! while I'm on "hold"...
Your phone experiences sound terrible. May I suggest that you DM them via Twitter? Their social media people are extremely diligent with matters like these
bsdstone likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finance_underling
Your phone experiences sound terrible. May I suggest that you DM them via Twitter? Their social media people are extremely diligent with matters like these
Thanks for the suggestion.
I actually reached out to the Hyatt rep on FT, and they were very helpful!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Colin
Jan 1 checkout gets squat
Yeah didn't realize this until now. I had a four night stay the end of December and checked out January 1st thinking I would get the double points promo. Guess you had to check out by December 31st. Should have paid closer attention and I would have likely switched hotels for the last night in order to get the double points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.