FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Selects Amy Weinberg To Lead World Of Hyatt Loyalty Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1875016-hyatt-selects-amy-weinberg-lead-world-hyatt-loyalty-program.html)

59Impala Oct 31, 2017 9:38 am

Hyatt Selects Amy Weinberg To Lead World Of Hyatt Loyalty Program

No surprise Amy Weinberg was with *wood previously.

http://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123615

CHICAGO (October 31, 2017) Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) today announced that Hyatt has selected Amy Weinberg as senior vice president, World of Hyatt loyalty program. Weinberg joins Hyatt today and reports to Mark Vondrasek, executive vice president, global head of loyalty and new business platforms. In this role, Weinberg will direct Hyatt’s global World of Hyatt loyalty experience and teams, including program strategy and innovation, partnerships, operations and management.

“Hyatt is fortunate to welcome a reputable leader in the loyalty space. Amy’s impressive track record in data insights and analytics will help advance our efforts to identify with our guests and understand their needs,” said Vondrasek. “Amy is a thoughtful, smart and intuitive leader who combines analytical strength with a passion to lead and develop others. This role is critical to our business as we continue to accelerate momentum of the World of Hyatt loyalty program and engage more deeply with our guests.”

Weinberg joins Hyatt with more than 20 years of experience in building brand strength in loyalty through consumer insights, market research, and strategic marketing and operations. Most recently, she spent two years as general manager for Groupdigital.com Corp, consulting for a variety of disciplines, including hospitality, hotel management, real estate ownership and development companies.

Prior to that, Weinberg spent 12 years as senior vice president, consumer insights for Starwood Hotels and Resorts. In the position, Weinberg was responsible for leading global analytics, market research and customer relationship management functions, including a global team supporting all of Starwood’s brands and divisions, as well as the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) loyalty program. Weinberg’s career also includes previous roles at Fulcrum Analytics, The Chicago Tribune Company, and Strategic Media Research.

“I have always admired Hyatt and its dedication to caring for guests, members and colleagues. I’m thoroughly familiar with the World of Hyatt loyalty platform and eager to build upon the strong foundation Hyatt has created with its guests, both within and beyond traditional hotel stays,” said Weinberg. “It’s an exciting time as Hyatt expands into wellness and other opportunities, and I look forward to helping drive overall guest engagement across Hyatt’s portfolio of brands.”

Kacee Oct 31, 2017 10:24 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 28999138)
“It’s an exciting time as Hyatt expands into wellness and other opportunities, and I look forward to helping drive overall guest engagement across Hyatt’s portfolio of brands.”

Sorry, you lost me there.

bsdstone Oct 31, 2017 10:39 am

Hope she brings some of the SPG benefits to Hyatt...not holding my breath though!

JackE Oct 31, 2017 10:56 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone (Post 28999442)
Hope she brings some of the SPG benefits to Hyatt...not holding my breath though!

I'd settle for her bringing Hyatt benefits to Hyatt.

DOS ALTO Oct 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Maybe she will help to upgrade World of Hyatt from the Back Alley Abortion it is now to merely a Dumpster Fire

azepine00 Oct 31, 2017 1:40 pm

With farmont, kimpton and spg vanishing as standalone brands hyatt really has a great opportunity to expand into boutique lifestyle market..

MikeFromTokyo Oct 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by DOS ALTO (Post 29000031)
Maybe she will help to upgrade World of Hyatt from the Back Alley Abortion it is now to merely a Dumpster Fire

Hahaha! ^

nineworldseries Oct 31, 2017 2:26 pm

Too bad I won't be around any more to see what she's done with the place.

Aventine Oct 31, 2017 4:33 pm

I think I speak for everyone when I say: "we want promos".

CloudCoder Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Apparently the spin doctors are working overtime.

Originally Posted by Hyatt News Release
... advance our efforts to identify with our guests and understand their needs,”

... as we continue to accelerate momentum of the World of Hyatt loyalty program ...

... engage more deeply with our guests.”

... eager to build upon the strong foundation Hyatt has created with its guests, both within and beyond traditional hotel stays,”

IggySD Oct 31, 2017 10:20 pm

Good luck! We"re all counting on you.

yaromac Oct 31, 2017 10:44 pm

Is it too much to hope for that Amy Weinberg will read FT and realize how many of us LOVED being Diamonds under GP and now have moved our stays to other chains (Hilton for me) after the fiascos of the new system and the twitter giveaway Diamond status. New broom sweeping clean?

Aventine Oct 31, 2017 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by yaromac (Post 29002136)
Is it too much to hope for that Amy Weinberg will read FT and realize how many of us LOVED being Diamonds under GP and now have moved our stays to other chains (Hilton for me) after the fiascos of the new system and the twitter giveaway Diamond status. New broom sweeping clean?

They seem very happy with the new status quo.

yaromac Oct 31, 2017 11:27 pm

Confused about where Amy Weinberg has worked for the last two years after leaving *wood. Press release says "Groupdigital.com" but I can't find it online. Linked in only gives three results: https://www.linkedin.com/search/resu..._SEARCH_HEADER
?
Anyone better at sleuthing? Like to know something about the background of the new boss for a bit of tea-leaf reading in terms of what she's likely to do?

New topic, should we write her an open "Dear Amy, Please could you ...." letter?

notquiteaff Nov 1, 2017 12:35 am

When’s the AMA?