Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Selects Amy Weinberg To Lead World Of Hyatt Loyalty Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Selects Amy Weinberg To Lead World Of Hyatt Loyalty Program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by yaromac
Confused about where Amy Weinberg has worked for the last two years after leaving *wood. Press release says "Groupdigital.com" but I can't find it online. Linked in only gives three results: https://www.linkedin.com/search/resu..._SEARCH_HEADER
?
Anyone better at sleuthing? Like to know something about the background of the new boss for a bit of tea-leaf reading in terms of what she's likely to do?
Well, if you go to groupdigital.com, it redirects to

https://sites.google.com/a/groupdigital.com/www/

Which seems mostly defunct, except when you look at the Recent Activities Page

https://sites.google.com/a/groupdigi.../recentChanges

It appears a Keith Weinberg was editing the site. Not sure what to make of all that.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:37 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It takes an average of 1 month of job hunting per 10K of compensation.
If we believe those averages, this new Hyatt gig took 2 years to find and pays 240K.
Confused about where Amy Weinberg has worked for the last two years after leaving *wood. Press release says "Groupdigital.com" but I can't find it online. Linked in only gives three results: https://www.linkedin.com/search/resu..._SEARCH_HEADER
?
Anyone better at sleuthing? Like to know something about the background of the new boss for a bit of tea-leaf reading in terms of what she's likely to do?

New topic, should we write her an open "Dear Amy, Please could you ...." letter?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does anyone think that twelve years in the same position at Starwood is strange?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Hoping they finally start counting award redemption nights towards earning/maintaining status. Very frustrating
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Too bad I won't be around any more to see what she's done with the place.
i hear they pay you $50 to become hilton diamond these days
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:55 pm

Is it too much to hope for that Amy Weinberg will read FT and realize how many of us LOVED being Diamonds under GP and now have moved our stays to other chains (Hilton for me) after the fiascos of the new system and the twitter giveaway Diamond status.
I was wondering if someone could please give me a digest version of this?

I was Diamond for several years then a change of job in mid-2016 completely changed my travel profile meaning that I stopped staying at Hyatts altogether (and stopped reading this forum). I am now looking at going back on the road and since I will be starting with a clean slate for 2018 travel I am looking at how WOH is (or isn't) working. For me to reach Globalist in 2018 should be a cinch based on points and assuming a spend rate like I had before 2016. Is Globalist worse than 2015/2016 Diamond was, and if so, in what ways (ignoring the higher qualification requirements based on nights)?

Many thanks, in advance.

p.s. as an aside, American called me a couple of months into my job change to ask why I had stopped flying with them. I was a reliable (coach mid-con) traveler and they wanted to know if I had moved to a competitor. Hyatt never contacted me...
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:59 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by eamus
I was wondering if someone could please give me a digest version of this?
Quick comparison of Hyatt Gold Passport (which died in early 2017) to World of Hyatt.

Qualify for top level
HGP: 25 stays or 50 nights
WoH: 60 nights

Diamond Welcome Amenity
HGP: 1000 points per stay (or choose an amenity)
WoH: zilch

Diamond Bonus if the club is closed
HGP: 2500 points per stay
WoH: zilch

Expiration Date of Suite Upgrades
HGP: At the end of the membership year (i.e. February 28)
WoH: 12 months after you qualify

It's not ALL Gloom and Doom. Some features are actually better with WoH

Suite upgrades:
HGP: Use a Diamond Upgrade certificate
WoH: Top-tier members are supposed to get a suite on every stay, if available

Award nights for stays
HGP: never
WoH: Free Category 4 night after 30 nights, Free Category 7 night after 60 nights. (However, they expire in 120 days)

Bonuses for over-qualifying
HGP: none
WoH: at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights: you can choose either 10K points or another suite upgrade

Re-qualifying for a new year, if you're already at the top level
HGP: no concession, i.e. it takes the same number of nights to qualify as it does to re-qualify
WoH: You can re-qualify after 55 nights (instead of the 60 nights it takes to qualify)

Occasional Point-Earning Promotions
HGP: a few good promotions per year
WoH: Only one thus far, and it was lame

= = = =

Executive summary: instead of 1000 points per stay and 2500 points per club closure, you now get a free Cat 1-4 night at 30 nights and a free Cat 1-7 night at 60 nights. However, the free nights expire in 120 days (while points never really expire). To add insult to injury, if you use a free night during a stay, that ENTIRE stay becomes ineligible for suite upgrades.

IMO, the best thing about the new program is that it raises the bar. So, in theory, there oughtta be fewer top-tier next year, which makes the clubs less crowded and the suites more available, etc. While I prefer the old program, "it is what it is", and I still like Hyatt a WHOLE LOT MORE than the other chains.
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by CloudCoder

Executive summary: instead of 1000 points per stay and 2500 points per club closure, you now get a free Cat 1-4 night at 30 nights and a free Cat 1-7 night at 60 nights. However, the free nights expire in 120 days (while points never really expire). To add insult to injury, if you use a free night during a stay, that ENTIRE stay becomes ineligible for suite upgrades.
You loft out another attribute

Recent Promotions
HGP: Twice per year w/ 75K pts max per
WoH: Nothing
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

GP: breakfast at club lounges or restaurants when Clubs were N/A. PH via in room or restaurant (choice).

WOH: Mainly club lounge breakfasts or restaurant only. Room service not covered. Some properties grandfathered in prior benefits but majority going with WHO rules.

Winner: GP. In-room breakfast was one of the highlights for me staying at PHs.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Quick comparison of Hyatt Gold Passport (which died in early 2017) to World of Hyatt.

IMO, the best thing about the new program is that it raises the bar. So, in theory, there oughtta be fewer top-tier next year, which makes the clubs less crowded and the suites more available, etc. While I prefer the old program, "it is what it is", and I still like Hyatt a WHOLE LOT MORE than the other chains.
You left out some other WoH changes such as:

- No Resort Fee on Award Nights or Eligible Paid rates
- Complimentary parking on Award Nights
- Access to My Hyatt Concierge

I've recently used a TSU on a 2 night stay, one night was the Cat1-7 award the other night was paid and I had no problem getting the TSU applied for the entire stay. Is this a new development?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:14 am

Thank you to CloudCoder for that excellent summary, supplemented by others. That is exactly what I was looking for: metric-based information and comparison. I really do also appreciate editorial content as well, because it helps shine a light on how the properties follow the rules ... or not.

The Diamond amenities I valued the most were the breakfast and club access (incredibly helpful when traveling with the kids), the suite upgrades and Guest of Honor (my brother and his wife, and my wife and I had a memorable week at the Andaz 5th maximizing those amenities) and the room access (I got caught short a couple of times and took what I was told was the last room available). I was Platinum with Starwood for 8 years before switching the Hyatt, and really felt like the Diamond amenities were more useful to me, even though the Hyatt footprint is nowhere near as large (and even less so now with the Starwood/Marriott merger). The loss of points-earning is just weird to me, but not a deal breaker. It also seems like an easy thing to reinstate.

Thank you all, again, for this really useful information.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You loft out another attribute

Recent Promotions
HGP: Twice per year w/ 75K pts max per
WoH: Nothing
I never thought WoH could get worse, but they proved me wrong!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eamus
p.s. as an aside, American called me a couple of months into my job change to ask why I had stopped flying with them. I was a reliable (coach mid-con) traveler and they wanted to know if I had moved to a competitor. Hyatt never contacted me...
I once racked up over 600 Hyatt nights in a 2-year period and didn't get so much as an email when I stopped staying at Hyatt. Hyatt simply doesn't care — or, at least, the old regime didn't care.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:13 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Interview by TPG with Amy Weinberg on WOH

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amy-we...orld-of-hyatt/
bsdstone and notquiteaff like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
With that in mind, I asked her what she would tell a business traveler trying to decide between Marriott (SPG), IHG, Hilton and Hyatt.

To that, she answered, “The care that we afford our members as a program stands above the others in the way that we bring together value for the high end traveler. We focus on helping you to be your best through Miraval and Exhale ...
Yeah, that's what's driving my decision between these programs... sure.
bsdstone and Jaimito Cartero like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.